Naval Concerns

The City of the Sun
Lamaenor
Guild: Enchanters

Naval Concerns

Post by Lamaenor »

His new office was far too bright.

It was early afternoon, but Lamaenor struggled to keep his eyes open. He had been up all night signing papers, sending missives, and drafting proposals to various city officials. His desk was covered in letters, reports, and several books on naval vessels and their construction. The elf slumped forward in his chair and propped his head up with his left hand. He tried in vain to focus on the letters of the page in front of him and then sighed.

Maybe it is time to take a rest after all. A warm cup of tea does sound nice... His wandering thoughts were interrupted by yet another messenger, suddenly scaling the steps to his office. He quickly straightened up. Must keep up appearances. Upon recognizing his most trusted courier, he relaxed a bit.

"Ah, Jaxon. It's you. What news?"

The other elf nodded. "Excellency. All letters were handed to their recipients. The...harbor project is well underway. Lady Kierra has doubled The Enchanters' Guard presence at the docks and our contact reports the ships were sighted in Gallowhaven."

lThe ambassador grumbled as he heard the news. The first bit was good, hopeful even. The second, though... I suppose it was too much to ask that the crew had retaken the ships, or that the sea had swallowed them whole. He felt guilty for the second thought, but he convinced himself it was his fatigue speaking.

Lamaenor gave a weak smile, the best he could manage. Jaxon did work hard. No need to make him feel unappreciated. And now that he noticed it, he was sweating profusely and red in the face.

"Very good. You may take the day off. I have no further sensitive correspondences for you. Your work, as usual, has been exemplary."

The courier opened his mouth to object, but Lamaenor fixed him with a stern gaze. "Yes, Your Excellency. As you say." He made a perfect bow and then walked out of the office.

Lamaenor squeezed his eyes shut and rubbed his temples gently in a circular motion. This Gallowhaven business will be at least one more death of me. Perhaps more. And now this ridiculous accusation... As his thoughts drifted off once more, he rested his head on his desk.

Perhaps a quick rest after all...
EnchanterFurball
Guild: Enchanters
Temple: Love

Re: Naval Concerns

Post by EnchanterFurball »

Footsteps gently tap in the hall, the sound growing louder before a gentle click is heard and the white Catline makes her way into the large Ambassadors Office. The bright light from the overhead domed window caused her to squint back, a mild scowl on her lips as she let out a rather hefty sigh and adjusted her hold on the stack of papers that filled her arms. She looked down at them to make sure they're still in order, various scrolls and bundles of parchment from reports after the chaos that ensued in the Devardec docks.

"Lam! I have some reports, I'm still waiting to hear back from a fe--"

She quickly stopped, looking over towards the centered desk to see the Elf, cheek-down on his desk and slumbering away as stack after stack of paper is strewn around him. She paused, letting out a small inhale as she realized the Ambassador is sound asleep.

Not like she wasn't used to it.

It wasn't uncommon for Kierra to find him catching a few winks whenever she found him, though she had noticed lately he had been more awake and busier than usual. Not surprising considering what had been happening lately, nor was she surprised in the least to finally see the recent events taking their toll. While she usually had no issue giving him a few nudges and taunting the Elf back awake, she felt compelled to let him sleep this time.

She slipped in and quietly clicked the door closed behind her. In that moment she was thankful for soft-padded feet, making her way across the often creaky wooden floors and placing down her stack of reports on his desk. She sat down in one of the adjacent chairs and began to write him a note.

"Ambassador Lamaenor,

Here is a collection of reports from eye witnesses from at the docks and my own guards. Given the recent events, I am still trying to make contact with any Devardec guards stationed at the docks during the time of the mishap, as many are still in recovery or taking time of--"

Suddenly Lamaenor let out an incoherent shout and sat straight up, causing the Catline to curse in surprise and withdraw back in her chair. The disheveled Elf sat there for a moment, eyes only half-open before he flopped back forward onto his desk and muttered under his breath. Kierra remained still, still holding her letter with a wide-eyed gaze upon realizing her small outburst in surprise may cause a stir. Within moments, he was slumbering once again.

She relaxed in her chair, bringing her hand up to pinch at the bridge of her nose and let out a soft groan.

Even when he's sleeping, he somehow seems to be a pain in my arse.

She quickly finished her letter, leaving it tied to the top of her delivery. Pushing herself to her feet, she turned to leave but paused in her steps, turning back to look at the slumbering official. With a shake of her head and a small laugh she made her way out, only to return a short time later. As quietly as she came, she set down a cup of tea and a small honey cake wrapped in cloth on the corner of his desk and took her leave.
~Charismatic Kitty GL Kierra, Heart of Love
Guild Officer of the Enchanter's
Anointed of Love
House Cat of Wizardry

The Enchanter formerly know as Furball

Return to “Devardec”