Call for Justice

The City of the Sun
SweetSerenityAnais
Guild: Wizards

Call for Justice

Post by SweetSerenityAnais »

Years now she has spent hidden away from the threats that were given to her the last time she was in Devardec. Justice has its own price, and for that she will always be willing to pay it. Those that needed to know, always knew where to find her when the time came.

Since her arrival here, Anais has been practicing her magic regularly. The garden outside of the house had her special touch. Flowers that were not native to this region due to its climate were flourishing as if they were in their native soil. There was plenty of time for reading and writing where she was, and lots of both got accomplished.

There were many activities for her to partake in and she did often. Today was her walk through the scenery around the area, checking in on people and aiding where she was capable. On this trip, she saw a man coming with a Devardec tabard on. He kind of looked like a messenger, young like one, but had the walk and demeanor of a soldier. Shrugging it off she stopped and waited for him, not wanting to make him chase her further.

Once the young man arrived, he handed Anais a scrolled message from the King’s scribe. It stated that there had been a string of attacks that caused the lives of several people. Items were pillaged from the scene disturbing trade routes and wrecking havoc all around. The person in charge of the band of bandits has been apprehended by the Devardec General with the aid of several citizens fighting for the cause. Now the King has requested her return to dispense Justice on this person.

Upon reading the message, her eyes went up to the man, “Sounds like I need to do this as soon as possible. Have any eye witness statements been made? Has the culprit made any statements? Can we get any of the men to turn evidence against this person?”

When she finished pelting the poor man with questions, he looked at her and shrugged his shoulders baffled, “I do not know ma’am. I was just told to deliver this message and return with a response if there was one. I don’t know much about anything else. I haven’t had time to keep track really. I just do what I’m told.”

Anais chuckled and smiled, “I have two more houses to visit to make sure these kids are feeling better today. You are welcome to join me or you can head back and let the King know that I will be there as soon as I can. Your choice.”

The young man walked up to her, “Let’s get this going so we can finish and head back to Devardec.”
SweetSerenityAnais

Re: Call for Justice

Anais made her two stops with the messenger in tow. She still thinks he is a young guard. He doesn’t seem to be carrying a weapon but that never means anything. There are several places one could carry weapons on their person without them being seen.

She assisted in taking care of some of the ill folks here. There are some she is easily able to help, and others that even magic can’t cure. She showed off her magic a bit to the kids of a young mother that is ill. Although she is doing better after many treatments, it was still unclear if she would live to see her kids grow up.

Satisfied that her obligations here were tended to, she went back to the house and quickly packed. The guard/messenger stood at the door waiting for her. Lightly Anais tapped him on the shoulder, “Shall we go?”

He looked back at her, “I’ll go get you a horse.”

Anais looked at him puzzled, “You do realize I use magic, right? I can get us there in an instant.”

He swallowed and nodded, “Yes, ma'am. I know. I brought my horse with me, though, and would hate to leave him here. Would you mind?”

A smile came over her face. “No need to worry. I can take the horse with us. I wouldn’t dream of separating a man from his….” She was going to say friend but hesitated, changing it to “horse.”

Together they walked out of the house and stopped by his beautiful dark brown horse. It looked to her to have tinges of red in its coloring as well. She placed the bag she packed on the horse’s back. The messenger held the bag on the horse with one hand and reigns in the other. Anais put one hand on the messenger’s shoulder and the other on the horse’s neck. She spoke the words to the spell, teleporting them to Devardec.
SweetSerenityAnais

Re: Call for Justice

They landed in Devardec just in front of house of Justice. His horse was uneasy at first, but with the slight touch of a hand on the side of its head, easily remedied. Anais started inside to her missed library so she could start writing some missives. The messenger saw her inside. Once he was satisfied she was safe, he told her, “I must inform the king you have arrived and will start working on this matter post haste.”

She nodded in agreement, “I will start on it immediately. I will keep the King updated as I come across anything of importance. I understand that Kollin is the current General of the city. I will attempt to contact him as well. Though, depending on what I find, that may not be necessary either. I just need to find enough evidence one way or the other on what took place. I understand there is a captive. I’d like to meet with them if possible.”

The messenger pondered her words. “I will put in your request with the General and the King. Once I have a response, I will let you know. Please stay here. There will be three guards coming here to watch over you. They will assist you with whatever you need and go with you anywhere you need to go. We cannot have anyone trying to sway you in your decision or keep one from coming forth.”

She sat down at the table and grabbed parchment, looking around for her old ink pot. “I appreciate your diligence in my safety. Honestly, I don’t know if it was truly necessary all this time. However, I am greatly appreciative for all the King has done. I will always serve diligently, though fairly, as required for this purpose.”

“Not a problem, m’lady. I shall be going.” With that, the messenger left to do as he stated.

Once he was gone, Anais continued with what she started. Finding the ink pot buried under some parchment, she unstoppered it and tested it with a quill on some used parchment before putting it to the one she was going to officially write. Satisfied, she wrote out a request for assistance from those within the lands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Citizens -

I am Anais from the House of Justice. I have been requested to decide on exactly what took place and what the best course of action will be on those that took part in this. Any assistance I can get on first hand accounts from citizens that were involved, would be greatly appreciated and aide in my work. Please feel free to leave me messages of what you saw or if you would prefer to speak in person. I will make myself available to you as best I can.

Thank you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She went out to the front door of the House to be met by the three guards. One turned to her, “How may we assist you madam?”

Looking around, she asked them to have the message she held out posted on the boards of the city for all to see. One of the guards took it from her, “I will see it done, madam. Please stay inside for your safety.” Anais watched as the man left before turning to go back inside to the library, awaiting news.

Return to “Devardec”