To King Jarenmar

For Devardec and its tribute cities.
Ruler: Magnanimous Jarenmar, the Sun Child
anerausa

To King Jarenmar

Post by anerausa »

A small sprite flutters into the Palace, her robes crimson red and covered in runes of flame resistance. In one hand is her wand covered with webs, in the other a scroll bearing the markings of the Enchanter's Guild on it. She flits around the palace until she is able to catch the eye of a servant of the King. She speaks to him for a moment before passing him the scroll. With a humming sound almost as if she were a hummingbird she flies up and out the nearest window. Despite the noon day sun filling the room with light, somehow the room gets even brighter as she summons a portal and flies through it, returning to her guild. The servant approaches the king with the scroll that contains the following message.

King Jarenmar,

I'm sure you have gotten the reports of the incident at sea recently. My guild officer Kierra tells me that a band of pirates stole one of the ships from your docks. She chose to join the people in boarding the Sea Wolf and setting off to try to bring the ship back into your possession. However, on their sea journey it seems they were attacked by a large sea creature with many tentacles, it is believed that this creature is a giant kraken. While I was unaware of the goings on dockside, once the beast attacked the Sea Wolf, I was able to sense the distress of Kierra and teleported to her, it was there that I witnessed the beast's attack on the vessel. The crew fought bravely, but was not able to fight the creature off. It succeeded in taking the life of Kierra, though thanks to the skill of the mages on the vessel, she was able to be brought back to life, and the beast knocked myself and my recently constructed Golem into the seas. This letter is not to summarize those events however, as I will leave that to those who are more familiar with what might have been lost on the vessel that was taken, and the sailors that set off on this adventure. Securing your lands and your vessels from pirates is something I believe your guard is suited to do, and I leave that in your more than capable hands.

The sea creature however, is another issue. The safe passage of the cargo ships in and out of your docks is something that is difficult to secure when mysterious and large creatures capable of nearly sinking a vessel such as the Sea Wolf are attacking them once they have left the harbor. As my guild has been using and purchasing portions of cargo space on your ships to get our trade goods out from the Bazaar, I would like to ensure their safe passage. If it pleases you, I would like to send ten of our guild's Leviathans to your harbor along with their trainers. These leviathan would swim alongside your vessels to give them added protection against the Kraken. These beasts have long been trained to serve our guild and are large enough they might stand a chance at fighting the Kraken off long enough for the ships to make their voyages safely. If this interests you, please let me know and we can work out the finer details.

~~Master Enchanter Anera, Erilaz of Magic~~

The seal of the Guild Master of the Enchanter's guild is stamped on the bottom of the letter.
Runescribe Anera
Erilaz of Dragons

Return to “Realm of Devardec”