:Letter to Jarenmar:

For Devardec and its tribute cities.
Ruler: Magnanimous Jarenmar, the Sun Child
Lord Croft
Ruler of Goldcroft

:Letter to Jarenmar:

Post by Lord Croft »

A Herald bearing the flag of Goldcroft rides into the western gate of Devardec. He heads southward, towards the Palace of Devardec. Approaching a guard near the Palace he smirks and looks down at the man from his horse. Dismounting from the stallion, he speaks "Announce me" he instructs coldly.

"Sir?" asks the guard.

"I bring a message from the Noble King. Guardian of the Northlands. The Mighty and Just Lord Croft. It requires 'the Child's' immediate attention. Announce me, or take this scroll to him. Now." he says, his tone one of pure contempt.

The sound of marching boots is heard as another two guards arrive at the Palace Gates. Straightening his back with a bit more confidence, the guard speaks, "I'll deliver your message, you may wait here. Or leave... now hand it over", he says, offering his hand to the messenger. The atmosphere is charged with tension as the Herald's hand drops to his side, drifting past the hilt of his sword. His hand hovers over the hilt, then he smiles coldly and speaks, "As you wish... "

With that, he tosses the scroll to the guard, and pulls himself atop his stallion. "Be sure it is delivered promptly," he instructs the guard as he touches his spurs to his horse.

Some time later, within the Sun Palace, the letter reaches the King Jarenmar, the Sun Child....

It reads:

Jarenmar,

Grave tidings reach me from Devardec. One of my ships has been destroyed whilst under your protection within the Harbour of Devardec. Let me assure you, I will personally ensure justice is done for this dark deed. 'The Burner' shall pay for the insult.

The reason I contact you is more prosaic. Recompense. Security within your city is your responsibility. I therefore lay claim upon you for compensation for the matter of eight hundred thousand in gold. I am owed for the ship. My soldiers. The loss of the goods aboard - timber and some itinerant workers who were paying off debts to Goldcroft.

yours,

The Humble, Noble, Just and Kind King Croft, Protector of the Golden City.
Jarenmar
Ruler of Devardec

Re: :Letter to Jarenmar:

Post by Jarenmar »

A page enters the Royal Library and finds the Sun Child conferring with members of the city's guard. One of the captains nods in the page's direction and urges him to bring the message over. Jarenmar takes the message and reads it aloud to the people present. "I want answers as to what happened down at the docks and I want to ensure that nothing similar happens again. I have no issue with the Rogues, but a mob of Thieves that go out of their way to take justice into their own hands will not be tolerated."

Jarenmar looks about the room and makes his decision. "As of now anyone claiming to be a Sun Guardian that is now named Kylu or Heimdall is a fraud. All military, guard, or militia ranks will be provided by Heimdall or myself. All people previously reporting to Kylu will report to me until I name a new Minister in his place. Badon will retain his rank as Duke of Spire Hold." He calls the page back over, "I will have messages for you. Ensure that they are delivered". Calling for a pen, Jarenmar scribes three messages.

Jarenmar
Sun Child | King of Devardec
Jarenmar
Sun Child | King of Devardec

Return to “Realm of Devardec”