June 2 2018 Update

Comments about any updates
Silk

June 2 2018 Update

Post by Silk »

Below are some notes related to today's update:
  • Barbarians' Guild: Content update that includes items, a few quests, and shops
  • New Skill - Forestry: This skill allows you to gain mastery as you chop down trees
  • New Skill - Woodworking: This skill allows you to gain mastery as you craft items out of wood
  • New Skill - Bonework: This skill allows you to gain mastery as you craft items out of bone
  • Player File Change: The "Heard" and "Where" fields are no long stored for staff to see on player files (entered during character creation
We have also deployed a few additional new skills that will be slowly introduced as we are ready for them.

Recipes:
  • Read Recipe Book: This allows you to see the recipes you know
  • Read Recipe <recipe name>: This allows you to see what items are needed for the recipe
  • Recipes will be mastery based, they require a specific amount of a level and has a success rate
  • You will gain mastery only by using the skills and getting more proficient with the recipes
  • The recipes will be learned by reading the Recipe (new item type)
General:
  • The initial skills added can be learned from quests
  • Forestry can be learned from a quest that is publicly available
  • Woodworking/Bonework can only be learned by Barbarians at this time
  • Forestry can be used in Dirimloth Forest, Nirimloth Forest, Hermit Forest, Cave Cove Forest, and Burnbright Forest
  • Forestry will also work on proficiency and mastery with the skill and that will depends whether you can chop down trees
There have been a few other tweaks as we continue to prepare for the future. If you encounter any issues please let Code@legendsofterris.com know.
Ranger_Shifter
Guild: Rangers

Re: June 2 2018 Update

Post by Ranger_Shifter »

This is great, super excited to see these ideas coming to life.

Out of curiosity, is it just 'chop' to chop down trees? I've been wandering through the indicated forests and finding the "one of the trees here is ready to be chopped down" message but no matter how many swings I take (hundreds!) nothing happens besides, "you chop".
~ Nonchalant Shifter
Silk

Post by Silk »

For the trees coded right now:
1. You will see "One of the trees is here to be chopped down." at the bottom of the description.
2. You must have the Forestry skill.
3. Each tree type might have a different skill level needed....so get that mastery up.
4. You will need an item to chop down the tree...like an axe...a specific axe in this case.
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Post by Raislin »

Update in today to fix Stats page and several issues around the crafting recipes.
Silk

Post by Silk »

Some information on recipes/crafting:
1. Skills
- You will see the skill level and the mastery % next to it for all mastery skills
- 73) Forestry Apprentice (0.0%)
- 71) Woodworking Apprentice (0.0%)
- 76) Bonework Apprentice (0.0%)

2. Recipe Book
- To see the recipes you know type "Read Recipe Book" or "Read Craft Book"

3. Recipe Details
- To see a specific recipe use "Read Recipe <Item Name>" from the recipe book (ex. Read Recipe Berserker's Battleaxe)
- Recipes will show you some information
- - "Materials" will show you the material you need and will vanish when used
- - "Tools" will show you the tools you will need and will remain when used
- - The last line of the recipe will show you the skill and skill level needed
- - If you need multiple of an item it will tell you
- - If it is an "or" for an item it will tell you

4. Crafting
- Simply have the items
- Ensure that your right hand is empty
- Woodworking: "Carve <Item Name>"
- Boneworking: "Carve <Item Name>"

5. Forestry
- Hold the correct axe (Barbarians can use the axe without issue)
- Type "Chop" when the room tells you to do that (ex. One of the trees is here to be chopped down.)
- Not all trees can be chopped down as you will need the proper axe and skill level
- There are different trees in each "grouping" as most forests have different trees in them for Terris forests

If there are any additional questions on this system please feel free to reach out.
anerausa

Post by anerausa »

To date my only suggestion/question is the availability of the low level resource nodes. One would assume that low level materials meant to get you from and this is arbitrary.. 0 percent mastery to 25 percent mastery would be abundant compared to to the resources used to get you through the 75 percent mastery to 100 percent mastery. But it seems like the low level resource nodes aren’t as abundant. Intentional? In the works? Am I wrong?
Runescribe Anera
Erilaz of Dragons
Raislin
Immortal of Magic

Post by Raislin »

Early days yet - we can make lower end more abundant as we introduce more crafting options. Mastery level contributes to the next level - so higher skills will be required to gather / craft harder resources / items.
fearecia

Post by fearecia »

Suggestion: Several of us have discovered that earning experience with Forestry is more effective if we utilize a two-minute cool down between chops. It's not exact, but it certainly does help. I do not know if this cool-down is intentional or not, but would it be possible to get a "cool-down" timer for it to show up like I'm told there is for crafting? As we all know, there is HEAVY competition for those low level trees right now, so none of us want to be wasting a highly valuable resource, either in materials or in not adequately gaining xp from chopping.
Raislin
Immortal of Magic

Post by Raislin »

Yes it's intentional. It's all subject to revision though as we see it being used and how it ties in with the crafting. What's "heavy competition"? From what I can see there's plenty available, so are people not finding them?
fearecia

Post by fearecia »

I think it depends a lot on the time of day, unless the spawn rate for the trees was recently adjusted. If I go tree hunting in the middle of the night, I'll probably find 3 or 4, but during the day it's usually cleared out. Of course, I haven't checked in probably a week, so I don't know if you guys have tweaked it again or not. Finally got it leveled once and I needed a break from the grind. Lol.

Return to “Updates”