Comments about any updates
natalia
Immortal of Light
Temple: Light

Re: Update 10 March 2017

Post by natalia »

venis wrote:
Raislin wrote: Leave Guild Service
The High Master of the Rolls in Eastern Devardec will, for a fee, remove you from your guild.
Removes skills/spells with 90% BP refund
Resets membership quests and removes you from guild
Removes any guild owned items
Removes prefix title

Skills will be reset to the base of your race/class and any quests that granted you a reward. As guild quests are removed from you, these skills will disappear too. Note that any Immortal gift of skill levels will be lost.
I take issue with this patch note.

I sure hope this is just the first of many "coming" attempts to edge closer to mortal autonomy for Guilds, as was stated or heavily implied, by you, to be the motive of staff, or at least your own motive vis-a-vis proposition of a "Guild gamechange plan". I am in reference to the rather fiery thread that recently transpired--the title of which was among but one of staff's thoughtless decisions.

This item does nothing but diminish the authority of Guildmasters as it is now. If, for example, I am GM, and have hot-headed Warlocks who ultimately do good for the game and I recognize that--well, I have just lost the power to prevent these people from harming themselves and my Guild in leaving during a spiteful moment. If I am GM in such a circumstance, as I have been many times, I have gained no tools to govern, only lost them.

On the bright side, what this does effectively do is make "Guildops" not have to work as hard. As such, this patch note is certainly great news for staff.

Best case scenario? I'm actually wrong and premature in my comments. My sincerest wish is that work on the Guild system persists and the Coding team's labor is directed to more than a crafting system (especially when an update like this is announced). Terris already does "crafting" better than most games (See, e.g., "Arcana", "Herbalism", "Armorer", "Weaponsmith", etc., and all the broken ones you all attempted to do but never completed -- those were still fun for awhile [See, Titanium, Remaining References to inaccessible things like the Divine Ship and/or HOL which are still in game for, I don't know, nostalgia?]).
Venis,

Thank you for your comment. This is ultimately part of giving a lot of power back to the Guilds. As I reference Guild I mean to both GM's and to the player. I believe this is something that was needed for a while as I think some would agree. A complete strategy for giving the Guilds the power is being worked on. This would include releasing commands to GM's to deal with anyone that was in a "spiteful" moment.

As per the crafting system this will continue to move forward as we have planned. This should not interfere with the progression of the revamped Guild Systems.
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Post by Raislin »

This was done before the guild thread and is about automating the simple guild ops functions. It's a consistent approach and immediately accessible rather than waiting on return of email which will benefit players as well. Given Mind Wipe was done, adding guild removal was a minor addition to that approach.

We are running a quarterly plan and once Q1 is finished in a couple weeks, we can reschedule the rest of the year and start to plan the guild changes. Given that some people don't want change and some do, it will be a staggered approach to see how far and how well the changes work.

A guild being a professional organisation can set it punishments and the member can either accept the verdict or depart. (RP it or leave). You'll have controls within the guild for guild management (bar, mute, evict, probation) but you won't be able to force a player to stay.
Jericho
Guild: Thieves

Post by Jericho »

sliper wrote:Questions-

What is the purpose of erasing your mind but not leaving a guild? I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where this makes sense for a character, unless they're extremely egalitarian and want to get rid of advantages they accrued in the past.
I know that Streen is presently in the level 250-260 range, and while I find it unlikely that I will level with him again I have regretted my choice to max out my Group Dragon Shards, Group magic Eye, etc in light of new changes over the years (esp. Dyeing). This certainly opens up the possibility for me to switch back, which I appreciate. You're right that I'd just have to choose to give up certain skills that have come my way by benefit of age, but I do often wonder at how appropriate it is for a shaman mage to pick locks. I don't see him as ever leaving the Wizard's guild, so this would probably be something that effects that character.
cesium

Post by cesium »

I suppose I'm the guinea pig for the Revoke Guild Membership service.

Used the service, all skills/spells/items removed and many BPS refunded as expected, but I am now unable to join a new guild. When I try to complete a joining quest, it says I cannot complete it because I owe allegiance to another guild. "Stats" tells me:

You are a member of the Unknown Guild
You are a member of the Adventurers' Guild
Jericho
Guild: Thieves

Post by Jericho »

Out of complete curiosity, are you able to leave this unknown guild?
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Post by sliper »

Interesting question, but if it does work, he'll suffer a further 10% BP loss
Sliper, Charter Member
Raislin
Immortal of Magic

Post by Raislin »

It's unknown guilds all the way down. If you haven't learnt any new skills then you won't lose anything else -- you get back 90% of the BPs above the initial race/class skills.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Any idea when this will be fixed so one can join a different guild?
Hugs & Purrs,

*~Fleur~*
Raislin
Immortal of Magic

Post by Raislin »

Fix is in now for this.
cesium

Post by cesium »

Can confirm - the "Unknown Guild" designation disappeared and I was able to complete a new joining quest. Thank you!

Return to “Updates”