Comments about any updates
Raislin
Immortal of Magic
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Update 21 Jan 2017

Post by Raislin »

Update in today. Content side mainly fixes, spelling typos etc

Under the cover changes have been made to systems to support future content. For now you shouldn't see any difference.

* Loot Tables changed to be more flexible - drop rates and chaining tables together.
* Examine system changed to be more flexible
* Monsters can have a pickpocket loot table specifically to drop items via pickpocket (not currently used yet)
* 5 second cooldown on guild luck buys to remove accidental sniping.
* Kill list fix for species count

* Guild / Temple / HH Notices
Some errors were found in the line endings in these which messed up the editing. The notes are now checked at start up and cleaned up. You may see line spacing differences in the notes following the updates.
Also expanded the editing system.
gline I <number> <text> will insert the text at specified line. The other lines will drop down.
gline D <number> will delete the text at the specified lines -- other lines will roll up
gline <number> <text> replaces the text as before - no roll up / down if the line is blank

gnotices <text> any text after gnotices will display the note with line numbers to help editing. (e.g. gnotices a)
Fleur

Re: Update 21 Jan 2017

Post by Fleur »

Thanks, Raislin!
Hugs & Purrs,

*~Fleur~*
Grief
Guild: Brotherhood
Temple: Death

Post by Grief »

Experiencing an unexpected dramatic drop in experience while hunting "Shaman of Oligar". Prior to the update I was receiving about 1.2% or so a kill. Since the first time back out hunting post-21st update, I'm getting about .3% or so at level 130, which is about the same amount from the much easier "Dark Elf Female". Intentional?
Raislin
Immortal of Magic

Post by Raislin »

No specific change to the monsters but there is a new system in place we're trying. I've reset the shaman to it's normal level.
Grief

Post by Grief »

Much appreciated Raislin. Response time impressive.
Grief

Post by Grief »

Just wanted to share a few notes.

Strangely it seems like the experience issues are on and off now. A couple of nights ago (late night CST) it had reverted to the .3 amount. Today it reverted back to about 1.2 to 1.4 per kill for awhile, but then drastically dropped to about .7 (while I would normally assume this could be a reduction in experience based on leveling, it happened mid-level, and I wouldn't think it would reach 50% of potential exp yielded in the difference of a level).

Probably most important, however, is that while Dark Elf Child and Dark Elf Female still drop gold, Shaman of Oligar is consistently dropping a mere "1" gold, or sometimes none. While Grief surely loves to suffer a lack of money, as a player I'm consistently seeing gold scarcity increase. Wasn't sure if that was intended or not.
Vixtar
Guild: Monks

Post by Vixtar »

Not sure what level the higher experience for the Shamans should kick in, but I know when I first hit level 100 they were giving closer to 2% when I came across one in the DET. Outcasts, Priests, Sorceress and Captain were all giving higher levels of experience. The Child and Female were giving in the .4 to .5 range..

Still sitting at level 100, and nothing seems to give over .5 anymore. The Child and Female only give .1 to .2 .The Shaman gives the most, but it still falls in at .5%

The handful that I've just killed seem to drop no gold at all.

Return to “Updates”