Return to the Sand

Other Stories
Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

Return to the Sand

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

It had been some time since Alyce ventured out into the world beyond the gates of Dominium. She had spent several years trying to get things straight; the finances, the inventory of the city’s ability to self-sustain itself, then there was the quarry. That had been a mess that she would rather not think about at this time. She had heard rumblings of news from travelers, none quite so as informative as her tavern on the docks of Twilight. She had been far too busy to even visit, let alone continue to maintain her information web that she had created some time ago. All of that information was going to Aloc now, and he was instructed to only act upon the information that was deemed critical to the tavern.

She stood from her desk inside the Dominium Estate and stretched. She took a short walk to the window where she could see the quarry to the west. A low tap came at the door and in walked her assistant. He opened the door and walked in. “I have a letter here from Fearecia.”

“Place it on the desk, would you please?” He strolled over to the desk and placed it down. “Thank you. Is there anything else?”

“It seems that there is some rumblings from the villagers about a rift and something causing damage to the plantation. No one is really sure what caused it, and the stories vary from person to person, but I have sent someone over to confirm it. Should know by tomorrow noonday.”

“I see, thank you.” Alyce walked over to the desk, as her assistant took his leave from the office. She reached down and took the letter sealed with the office of the Monks wax marking. She broke the seal and read the letter. The letter asked Alyce for a meeting regarding something about a rift and some damage caused by some devastating magic. It was something that Alyce needed to see apparently. It was something that couldn’t wait.

Alyce opened the office door, “Notify the heads of the village that I will be leaving. I have some business I need to attend to, and I’m not sure when I’ll be back.”

“As you wish.”

——

Later that evening Alyce found herself looking back towards her tavern and the capitol from the bow of the ship she was taking to Devardec. She wasn’t feeling well about this trip, but she needed to go. She had much to do, and it appeared time was growing shorter by the moment.
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern

Return to “Roleplay Story Strings”