Losing Time

Other Stories
fearecia

Losing Time

Post by fearecia »

Tucked away in a hidden room in the guild, an ebon dragonkin leans back from the desk, pinching the bridge of her nose. So. Much. Paperwork. She sighed, dropping her hand and staring at the mess on her desk. There were the usual guild concerns: new members, titles to be awarded, tests to be written. Then there were the notes about the rifts she and Anera had discussed. The recent discoveries there were mildly disturbing. Lastly, there were the preparations for the Faire for Lamaenor, along with the work she was doing for Garali to help prep for that. In short, she needed a bigger desk.

Fearecia glanced up, taking in the mid-day sun streaming through the stained glass windows. She’d been at this for hours already. She needed a break. Idly, her emerald gaze drifted over to where her weapons hung on the wall, settling on a much abused axe. She could go “hunt” trees in Dirimloth and hone her skills there. It would certainly be an effective use of her time. But…

Her eyes settled on the blade next to the axe. The broadsword was massive; hardly a traditional monk weapon. Taken from the ashes of a certain vampire while she and others were hunting in Manga Turris, the blade had fit her hands surprisingly well. She’d had the hilt wrapped in leather, like all her weapons, but also had the blade dyed black. It had proven an ideal backup weapon for her, when she needed something other than the trusty katana. She also desperately needed more practice with the thing; two handed weapons were hardly her strong suit after all these years. Perhaps her time would be better spent working with the blade?

Almost absently, she lifted herself off her stool, prowling over to the weapon. She stared down at the weapon for several moments, considering it. Hunting with it would be good exercise. She reached out, tracing the length of the blade with her fingertips, feeling the familiar burn in the thick skin of her hand as she touched the metal…

The shadows had grown long, the sun setting on the horizon. The ebon dragonkin was back in her office, sitting on the stool, elbows on the desk and head resting on her clasped hands. Brother Rawolf was standing in front of her, in the midst of delivering the end of day report on the guild.

“… and Huba has gone on to explore other options,” he was saying, finally looking up from the paperwork to meet Fear’s eyes.

The dragonkin blinked a few times, then nodded. “Thank you, Rawolf,” she said after a moment. “I’ll see to the new members shortly.”

He nodded, sensing his dismissal, and set the papers on her desk for her to refer to later. More paperwork. Of course.

Fearecia watched him leave, waiting for the door to close behind him before taking stock. Where had the day gone? She frowned, checking the daylight. Indeed, she’d lost most of the day. Also she felt… worn. Like she’d be in a hard training session for hours, yet, at the same time, there was a strange exuberant energy coursing through her veins. What had she been doing? Frowning, she stood, only to hear something large clatter heavily to the floor. There, on the floor, was the giant broadsword; she must have placed it against the edge of the desk when she’d sat down.

Worry bunched her brows further. That… wasn’t like her. She always hung her weapons up when in the office. Was the stress of doing too much getting to her finally? Shaking her head a bit to clear it, she scooped up the blade by the bound handle, returning it to its appropriate spot on the wall. The other weapons were completely undisturbed, and she knew she never left the guild without the katana, even if she was planning to primarily use another weapon. Why would the katana still be hanging up and not the blade? Just what had she been doing today?

She sighed and shook her horned head once again. Clearly nothing was terribly out of order, or Rawolf would have been much more concerned. She was probably just overtired and stressed. Turning back to the desk, she sat down, looking over the most urgent items. She’d handle these few things for the guild and then go get some good rest.
Alioik
Guild: Barbarians

Re: Losing Time

Post by Alioik »

Alioik was drunk, he liked drinking but tried to never get totally drunk. However, ever since his axe had been broken in his task to kill hydras, drinking had become more frequent. Had was on his way back from Dirim, his pack loaded with troll corpses ready to be harvested for useful bones when he decided to stop by a bar in Tranos for an ale. Several ales and a good story later Ali was making his way slowly back to his guild. He was leaning heavily on his companion, his Shadow Mastiff Reint. As he made his was closer to Frostfall the cold air started to sober him up some. He turned to Rient, "You know I've had that axe longer than we have been hunting together..." Rient turned his head and growled lightly, Ali had been going on and on about his axe lately.

Man and dog walked side by side towards the gates of the Barbarians guild, Ali lifting his hand to greet Kurgan. As he bellowed his greetings, Ali noticed something laying in the snow by the gates of the guild, he moved over to inspect what it was. Laying there in the snow was a sword! It was quite a sword too, even Ali who only used bone and wooden weapons could tell. He leaned over to inspect the blade and Rient gripped a mouthful of his arm in his mouth and pulled. "Hold on Reint, I'll get you a steak in a second, just let me see this sword." The mastiff however did not stop pulling Alioik away from the blade. Reint managed to pull Ali away from the blade and as Ali moved towards the entrance of the guild, his interest in it vanished...

Some time later Alioik was sitting at the guild bar, again having a drink. This however wasn't the same kind of drinking he had done earlier. He was slowly sipping a dark ale and thinking about the sword he had seen earlier. He heard that Kurgan had discarded to sword, tossed it into a bin somewhere else in the city. Ali wasn't sure why he kept thinking about that sword, he usually never gave any metal weapon a second thought. He knew not only that as a Barbarian he couldn't use the sword no matter how it gleamed against the white snowy background. He thought to himself that he just missed his axe, that was all. He finished his ale and went to go grab a bunk and take a rest.

Ali awoke to hear soft barking, and he felt a large wet tongue licking his face. "Ewww, get off Reint!" Ali sat up quickly and quickly realized that he wasn't in his bunk in the guild anymore. He knew that he was still in Frostfall, but not anywhere he has been in the city before. He rolled over to stand up and looked at his surroundings, and then he saw a glimmer. He glanced over and saw a sword in the snow, the same sword he had seen by the guild earlier! His gaze fell to the sword, and he had a hard time tearing it away, it was such a pretty sword. He looked at it and thought about his guild commandments, he could not use a weapon of metal, but it looked like it would fit into his hands perfectly. Blinding pain shot into his brain, Reint had given him a hard bit on the leg. Alioik looked down to see blood dripping down his leg and as he was about to start yelling at Reint, he noticed his hand was reaching towards the sword. He pulled his hand back quickly, when had he decided to pick up the sword? Also why he left his bunk in the first place, it was cold and the guild was warm. He turned his back to the sword and started looking for a familiar route to take him back home. However he could not resist looking over his shoulder at the sword as he left.
Rhaegos
Guild: Monks

Post by Rhaegos »

Waking up early has always been a thing for me. I enjoy the serenity as I practice my kata’s in the dojo. Typically Fearecia is around at this time, always with a training staff in hand, slapping an elbow that isn’t tucked properly here, slapping a thigh that isn’t level enough with the ground there. Giving praise at times, when it’s due. The Sensie’s and the Elders of the Guild start to awaken as my training session comes to an end. <Bow> “Thank you Guild Master”. “Don’t thank me yet, you are scheduled to training with an Elder this morning”. My jaw hits the mat as she is walking away ((that’s why she was so rough with training today)).

Training with the Elders is like having a Blue Dragon, a Red Dragon and a Giant swatting you around like people do with those large colorful balls on the beach. Once the training is complete, the sun has already reached its half way point in the day. Exhausted I set out to see if anyone wants to grab a bite to eat. I haven’t heard that Fearecia has not left the Guild yet and I know she is always ready and willing for a god hunt. I feel like something fresh today. Maybe bear, possibly deer if I can find a good sized buck. Goose also sounds delicious <small amounts of saliva drip out of my jaws>.

Bounding up the steps to the Guild Officers quarters, one of the attendants states “The Guild Master is presently busy and has asked not to be disturbed”. “Well, any idea when she’ll be done?” The attendant, a young human female ((probably pretty by flesh standards, always hard to tell)) eyes my chest and sees the saliva residue on my jaw, grimacing and taking a step back “The Guild Master will be done when she is done, now if you’ll excuse me I to have things to do”. <sigh>

Stepping out of the Guild into a cool morning I stretch my wings as I take flight over Devardec, deciding goose it is, I head north into Dirmiloth Forest, where lunch awaits ((well really a late lunch / breakfast / almost dinner time now <belly grumbles> I cannot believe Fear would schedule me a training session with the Elders right after the exercise I had this morning. Wonder what her agenda is, yeah, yeah stomach quit growling we are almost there)).

The first Goose was delicious, the second even better. By my 5th goose I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to fly home. Stretching out under a tree with geese feathers all around I relax a bit and really start to feel my muscles ache from today’s activities. Laying there watching the clouds roll by I see a familiar dark shape fly by, her shadow blocking out the sun “FEARECIA” I roar, but she keeps going. ((Maybe she didn’t hear me? Maybe she’s on official business, maybe <his eyes roll> she doesn’t feel the need to attend to your every whim)) Standing up and stretching like a lazy cat “Oh well, <looks around> it’s getting late I should head back”.
Rhaegos -
Brother of The Monks Guild,
Follower of The Way
Seeker of Balance and Harmony
Guild Officer
ripshaw

Post by ripshaw »

It was a busy day in the bank. A steady din of conversation buzzed the air and reminded the Ranger of how much he enjoyed the outdoors. As he stands in the queue to be waited on, his mind keeps going back to his collection of weapons. It had become an obsession of his over the years. A large assortment of blades and shields he had rounded up from one place or another during the course of his career. To anyone else, it would most likely be a pile of useless keepsakes. To him though, each and every one held a memory he always wanted to hold onto. Smiling at the thought, he lovingly toys with the stag knife at his waist. Pride of his collection, gifted to him by the late Goddess of the sea Snazzle, as he completed his mentor training some 400 years ago. He carried it always, and used it in battle to this day. Sighing to himself he shifts his weight to the other leg and continues waiting.

At long last, an attendant approaches him. "Rip, so good to see you." says the man sharply dressed. Ripshaw nods and extends his hand. "What can I do for you today?" the man asks as he shakes the rangers hand firmly. Pulling out a large tinkling bag of gold coins, Rip hands it over. "Deposit please, send my receipt to the usual place." the Ranger says respectfully. "Also, Id like to see the collection." Quickly the banker takes his gold and it vanishes. Turning on his heel he sets off at a reasonable pace muttering "this way please" over his shoulder. Keeping pace, the ranger lets his mind wander back to his toys. Why had he been thinking of them so much lately? A literal pull of the mind at times to come back and look them over. He couldnt help but wonder if his mind was just playing tricks on him. Since becoming a follower of fate, the ranger was having alot of trouble deciding whether his urges were natural.. or maybe he was just losing his mind.

Stopping at a door to a large room, the banker unlocks the door. Opening it wide, there is a second door to which Ripshaw inserts his key. As the second door swings open, the banker nods and turns to leave. "Ill have your receipt sent out straight away sir." he says as he walks away. Stepping into the room, Rip waits while his eyes adjust to the magical globe of light. Smiling to himself, he takes in the twinkle of hundreds of little flashes as the light reflects off the perfectly polished weapons. His shield of Bezels hanging upon a post, cast a reflection of his boyish grin back at him. Pulling the Blessed Avenger of Law off its prop, he holds it aloft. From one thing to the next, he handles it all with extreme care. Glimpses of his past so vivid, that it took his breath away. Something thrums the air, and takes him from his memories. Looking around, he leans his ranger spear back against the wall. Another vibrating hum, this time making his body react. Crouching down, he prepares himself for anything. Listening for a moment, he lets go of the breath he was holding. Suddenly feeling foolish, he stands straight and adjusts himself.

This time the vibration was accompanied by a box moving on a shelf. Looking at the long ornate box, the Ranger puts all his concentration into the item. Did it just move? After a long moment, he again begins to feel stupid. Reaching out, he opens the box. His newest blade added to the collection stares back at him. A long, two handed sword taken off one of his many conquests. Reaching out his hand to take it up, there is no mistaking. A tiny vibration meets his palm, goes up his arm into his shoulder. As odd as the feeling is, he didnt want to put the sword down. A sudden flash of images, followed by swirling lights disorient the ranger. Was that voices he heard? After what felt like a hour, Rip forces the blade back in its box and closes the lid. He is sweating, and breathing heavy. "What just happened?" he hears himself say aloud. It all happened so fast. Shaking his head to clear it, he cant escape the feeling. Mulling over what he heard, and saw.. Rip sits down heavily in the only chair in the room. Head in his hands, he keeps wondering if he may actually be losing his mind. After a few calming moments, he goes to leave. Locking the door behind him, he makes haste his retreat. As Rip exits the building, he isnt any closer to making sense of the situation. One thought stands out above all others. For some reason, he wanted to hold the blade again.
Felton
Guild: Battlemages

Post by Felton »

Felton desperately wanted to please it, he had done everything it had asked of him so far. Felton gazed at the sword once again in his possession with glazed eyes. When he had first found the sword, it was been a pleasure to pick up. It was well balanced and warm to the touch. He wasn't even versed in two-handed weapons, but he knew that this sword was among the best of the variety. One day while he was walking around Frostfall he had a loud commotion coming from the Barbarians' Guild. He crept close to the door to hear what was going on. Turned out that it was a younger Barbarian telling the story of how he bested 250 Dragons! Felton thought to himself that killing that many hydras was very impressive, but he was a Battlemage and not allowed to enter and take drink with the Barbarian. As he turned away from listening to the noise from within the Barbarians guild, the sword suddenly lost its warm, pleasurable feeling. He thought it was odd, but Frostfall was a cold city and one could not expect things to remain warm there. He made his was back to the guild and slept.

Felton's dreams were normally pleasant things, ever since he had awoken from his magical stasis sleep. This night however was different. He felt eyes upon him filled with hate, and he felt cold. He saw a clear picture of the sword, his sword, pointing its tip towards the Barbarians guild. He rebelled in his dream, it was his sword, he had found it! Suddenly, sharp pain shot through his head and again the feeling of eyes upon him. He heard a voice, "Take the blade... take it back to the dragon slayer... he deserves it more than you..." Felton jerked awake covered in sweat. His dreams were always vivid, but this dream felt rear. He stood and walked over to the sword leaning against the wall and grasp its hilt. As he touched it, he gasped it pain! The hilt was colder than ice, it was as cold as death. What had happened to the sword, why did it lose it's warmth. He stood back and looked at the sword illuminated by a beam of moonlight. It no longer looked as it did, what once was a beautiful sword was now perverse and evil looking. Felton was scared of it now. He needed to get rid of it, but he couldn't touch it for it was too cold. He would wait until morning then use thick gloves to move the sword.

The next morning Felton awoke and was ready to move the sword. He put on his thickest gloves and grasped the hilt, intent on getting rid of the sword. He left the Battlemages guild and headed towards the Adventurer's guild, maybe they would buy it off of him. As he made his way to the center of the city, the sword still very hold and hurting his hands, he felt a sudden change. The hilt started to warm again, he started to feel good again. Perhaps he was just imagining things, he continued walking towards the shop. As he got further away from the square the hilt again became cold and uncomfortable. Felton thought to himself that it was weird that the sword was changing like this. He moved back to the square and the warmth returned. He then remembered his dream, the voice had told him to take it to the dragon slayer. Felton without even realizing it started moving towards the Barbarians' Guild. The hilt became warmer and pleasant to hold again. As he got closer to sword again became beautiful and felt good to hold. He found himself outside the Barbarians' and the hilt suddenly heated up life fire, it burnt through his gloves and singed his palms. He reflexively dropped the sword in a pile of snow. Looking at his hands he backed away from the sword, and went back to his guild.

As Felton made his way back to the guild, he couldn't stop thinking about the sword. Why had it changed, why had it chosen the Barbarian over him? He was strong, he hadn't killed hundreds of dragons, but he was no weakling! He felt anger and jealousy about losing the sword to the barb. Barbarians don't even use metal weapons, why should they have the weapon!! He made it back to the guild and threw himself onto his bed and sulked. He deserved the sword, it was his, HE FOUND IT! He suddenly felt very sleepy and soon found himself in another dream. Again the eyes were watching him, however this time there gaze was not angry. A voice again spoke, "Well done on delivering the sword... The Barbarian will weild it well..." Felton rebelled against this thought. His own anger welled up in his dream. The eyes looked at him full of humor, "You think you could use the sword better..." Felton yelled out in his dream, "I found the sword, I can use it, I'll do ANYTHING to use it!" Again the eyes looked at him, "Perhaps... I can use you..." Suddenly these eyes turned cold and angry, "NO... the blade has been cast away, the Barbarian didn't take the sword!" "You must retrieve the sword and take it back to him!" Felton again yelled in the dream, "I'm not your package delivery service, if He doesn't want the sword it should be MINE!" The cold eyes starred at thim, "TAKE THE SWORD BACK TO HIM!" Felton awoke again with a start. He was panting and felt like he had been running for a week. Before he knew what he was doing he wrapped his cloak around himself and made ready to go look and deliver the sword back to the Barbarian. If the fool rejected the sword again, maybe it could become his again. He left the guildhouse and started his search through Frostfall for the blade.

After hours of searching he found the sword, but with it he also found the Barbarian. He peered around a corner and watched the scene before him. He saw the Barbarian in what looked like a trance, reaching for the blade. His companion, some sort of dog covered in shadows was trying to pull him away from it. Felton saw the Barbarian look around in realization and turn away from the sword, making his way down the road away from the sword. As he reached a corner he turned one last time to look at the blade, then turned the corner. The Barbarian had once again shunned the sword! Felton crept closer to the sword and saw it glimmering against the snow. It looked as it did the first time he saw it, a beautiful example of a powerful sword. He bent to pick it up, and as he gripped the hilt a voice filled his head, "Very well... I shall settle for you... use the sword well, and I shall call for you..." Felton made his way back to his guild grinning like a child, so very happy to once again have the sword in his possession.
fearecia

Post by fearecia »

Was that… alcohol?

Fearecia came back to herself with a start, wrinkling up her nose in distaste for the flavor in her mouth. It had been so long since she’d had a drink, centuries even, did she even still know what it tasted like? Pressure started to rise in her gut.

Oh yeah. She’d been drinking.

She glanced around. The gouts of flame were going to come any moment; she better not be somewhere that things could catch on fire. She was standing in the guild, one of the novices giving her an odd look as she clutched at her gut with her right hand. Dear gods. Not only had she been drinking, but it had clearly been more than one. She bolted for the gardens like a mad thing, bursting through the doors with mere moments to spare before burping flame positively everywhere. Thankfully, she managed to direct the flame up into the air, missing most of the plants. A few leaves got singed by the fireball. A few more blasts followed, the pressure in her gut slowly lessening.

This was why she didn’t drink. Dragons and alcohol don’t mix.

It was a few more moments before she finally managed to catch her breath, focusing on quelling the rebellious reactions of her body. What in the blazes had she been doing?

Frowning, she tried to recall the events of the day. She’d been in the Plaza, chatting with friends, then… She’d taken Rhaegos hunting?

She looked down at herself. Sure enough, blood was covering her scales from hunting, as well as the blade. Wait? What? She looked again. Sure enough, her left hand was holding the pommel of the giant sword in a reverse grip, blood slowly drying on the onyx blade. Why would I take Rhaegos hunting with this, of all blades? And why am I carrying it around in a parrying grip?

No answers floated up from her memory. Scowling, she flipped her grip on the blade with a practiced dexterity, fishing in her pouch for a dirty cloth with the other. Almost automatically, she cleaned the blade, going so far as to use a bit of water to scrub some of the blood off. Then she swapped cloths, making sure to dry and oil the blade to prevent rust. A glance at the sky told her it had been hours since she'd been in the plaza. She'd lost time, again.

With a practiced grace, she dropped her wing and reached up, sliding the blade home in the scabbard on her back. Soon as the blade was back in its rightful place, the dragonkin suddenly realized she was positively thrumming with energy. Wild, feral energy; energy that was even causing her fire to pulse and throb in time with her accelerated heartbeat.

The dragonkin growled at herself. She did not need this right now, but she knew what would happen if she didn’t work it out. She might end up in the mountains for another century, running around like an animal. Positively scowling, she headed back into the guild and straight for the Dojo. They were going to have several dummies to repair by the end of the night.
Rhaegos
Guild: Monks

Post by Rhaegos »

<<OOC for reference double brackets are thought process (( )) they may not always have proper grammar and run on sentences. < > are actions>>

Walking into town, exchanging niceties and explaining my interesting hunting experience with Brother Nacko, Fearecia decides it’s time for a hunt. ((Huh that’s odd her eyes look bloodshot)) Off we go into The Wilds hunting Harpy’s ((they don’t taste very well but they provide good training that is for sure)). While hunting, the Guild Master for the Barbarians Guild starts in…again ((this vile creature will feel both Balance and Harmony one day)) we go on for some time, back and forth. The next wave of Harpy’s come then suddenly, a dozen vampires all attack at once!

Fearecia and I dispatch these disgusting creatures and then prepare to continue on with our training and exploring when more vampires attack! “This is no mere coincidence Guild Master, Satyana is having her underlings attack me”. “No, no she wouldn’t do that, she keeps a tight control over her people, she wouldn’t be this sloppy”. We continue on for a bit, Fearecia teaching and showing me different maneuvers, but hang on, “what’s with you and this sword you are using? It’s awful”. “What sword?” she asks “This one?” “Oh I’ve had this one for ages”. “Well I must say Guild Master, your form with it seems sloppy and you don’t seem to be as effective with it”.

Moments in battle can seem like they are over in a flash, or a moment can feel like an eternity. Tonight was the ladder in live training with Fearecia. Next I knew hours had passed and midnight had come and gone, it wouldn’t be long before I turned in. As we were counting coup and reviewing a few of our harder fought battles Fearecia hears a rustle “sshhh, I think there are more Harpies about”.

Another dozen, stronger, faster much better trained vampires jump us with our guard relaxed ((I mean really a Monk doesn’t ever ACTUALLY let their guard down)). Six of the vampires circle me with their Long Swords in hand, being too much to take on, I start to fall in battle, as I see Fearecia tactfully moving away from the main force on me.

Death is a blissful kind of peace, one moment you are in the midst of blood thirsty hard fighting with screams of pain, grunts of pleasure and cries of anguish…and the next. Nothing. I visit the plane of rebirth, willingly. ((I believe that Balance and Harmony must be measured in all things. Including my own self)). “What did you go and do that for?” Fearecia asks “Balance Guild Master, Balance in all things, the Vampires have extracted death upon me, I will exact my revenge upon them”. “Rhaegos I, I might have a problem with that, Satyana is my friend” <frown> “When the day comes I fear then the Heavens themselves will rumble. I will train and I will grow and I will have my time”.

At this point we head back into the Dojo, me with much to think about and Fearecia with her own thoughts. I head into the Rainbow to meditate on the issue for some time. The colors are distractingly beautiful to look at but the focus is most important.

All is quiet for many hours, when suddenly it sounds as if the Guild is under attack, I grab my Sword Staff, raise the alarm to the Monks on this level and start heading down, dispatching novices to various corners of the Guild to prepare for whatever beasts have dared entered my home ((I swear on every Divine I can think of if this is another vampire attack I’ll have that vampires head on a stick)).

As we enter the lower levels, we hear were the noises are coming from, in the dim pre-dawn gloom we see a large black shape tossing training dummies here and there, several novices huddle in the corners as myself and several other Monks look on in awe as Fearecia is….training.?
Rhaegos -
Brother of The Monks Guild,
Follower of The Way
Seeker of Balance and Harmony
Guild Officer
fearecia

Post by fearecia »

There was something soothing about positively obliterating training dummies. The feel of her fists connecting, the fluid shift of power in her body. For one ebony dragonkin, sending a dummy flying back against the wall, only to launch forward, hunting it down and pummeling it further, this was what meditation was. She’d never been one to sit back and think through things; no, she found her answers in movement and the flexing of her power. She would rather be sparring with a partner, but when you’re fifteen feet of scaled muscle, few people were willing to take her on. It was a frustrating situation, but understandable. Maybe one day another half giant would join the guild and she could have a sparring partner…

The dummy shattered into splinters under her fists. She scowled. They really needed to make these things sturdier. Muttering, she turned to go get another “victim,” striding across the Dojo with a single minded purpose. She was halfway to the training rack when her surroundings finally managed to intrude on her thoughts. She’d been making an awful racket, and it had drawn an audience.

The dragonkin froze, taking in the number of Monks staring at her in slack-jawed shock. Frowning, she glanced down at herself, suddenly realizing the image she represented. Muscles tense and trembling from the exertion, sweat was covering her scales, causing the dried blood to run in slow rivers. The Guild Master winced internally. She looked like a demon.

“Alright everyone. Show’s over. Back to bed.”

Novices, even Rhae, just stared at her in shock.

Fear grumbled her displeasure, then started to repeat herself… only to realize that the only person who would have understood her was Rhae. She’d been speaking Dragonkin. Ah bloody hell. She took a moment, taking several deep breaths and taking stock of herself. She was calmer, but that wild energy was still thrumming. No wonder she was rumbling in her native tongue… and she already knew it wasn’t going to get better until she calmed down. Offering half a snarl to herself, the dragonkin snatched up a nearby towel and prowled out of the Dojo, novices scrambling out of her way as she went. She’d go relieve her frustrations and energy on some hapless monsters instead. It’d probably feel good to actually sink her claws into something.
Alioik
Guild: Barbarians

Post by Alioik »

Alioik noticed that his friend Fearecia had been seeming more and more feral lately. He had resolved himself to speak to her about this before he left on his latest task for the Barbarians' Guild. He made his was over to the Monks' Guild and annouced that if Fearecia was available he would like to speak to her. The gatekeeper mentioned that she was out but he would take a message for her. Alioik said, "Tell your guildmistress that I will be away for some time, but I need to have a conversation with her when I return." Alioik turned from the gates and started to mentally calculate what he would need to take with him to the frozen north.
Felton
Guild: Battlemages

Post by Felton »

"You must become stronger," said the voice in his dreams. Felton then awoke with a start. He was dressed in full travel gear, which was strange because he usually removed his armor before sleeping. He also noticed he was still wearing his boots, but they were covered in what looked like several months worth of dirt and mud. Felton casually peered out the window and realized that it was much colder than he remembered. While it never really got hot in Frostfall there was a distinct different between the summer months and the winter ones. Had he fallen alseep for an extended period again? He closed his eyes and rubbed them trying to wake up. Images suddenly appeared in his head, walking through unfamiliar areas, through a town he wasn't familiar with. He saw himself interacting with people that he didn't know, he had been ordering them around. As he tried to concentrate harder a sudden flash of freezing cold jolted his hand. He cried out in pain, his hand was on the hilt of the sword that rarely left his side. He suddenly felt very tired, like he hadn't rested in months. Exhaustion took him as he fell back on his bed. Again he heard the voice, "You must become stronger..."

Return to “Roleplay Story Strings”