House Rilynt'tar - Letters to and from home.

Other Stories
Treneth
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Of Dread

House Rilynt'tar - Letters to and from home.

Post by Treneth »

Having finished making arrangements for the latest shipment of slaves to be sent out to their various purchasers, Treneth sat down at his desk and quickly penned a letter to his Honored Mother. It was long overdue and he knew it. But he couldn't put off sending it any longer. He knew she deserved to know of his marriage to Kamala and to let it go any further risked her anger and perhaps a parental visit. And he certainly did NOT want her coming to do just that. Pushing aside that thought with a shudder, Treneth put quill to parchment and wrote:

Vendui Malla Ihar,
I pray to Dread and Quarval-sharess this letter finds you well.

Thank you, Malla Ihar, for including the letter from Ilharn. It was amusing, as I am sure you intended, to learn of how he had dissapointed you and ended up in the dog house. Ilharn is of course, as your spies indeed assure you, most relaxed in his new discourse, and I am relieved to know my beloved hound, Silinrul, is being well looked after. You are very thoughtful to such an unworthy son.

And as promised, I send gifts! As you had told me, Malla Ihar, I sought out General Ssassirigg, and he bit as a trout to a wooden fishing lure at the chance to own such talented slaves such as yours. Of course he wanted dwarven females - and thus have I sent them. Granted they are not twins of birth, but I am sure the General will like them all the same. Both are talented, though be aware the bearded blonde one is still untamed and has a tendency to bite. Even after the pulling of a molar, and the threat of life as a toothless night soil slave. However, she can sing, play instruments and spar with the best of those who would dare to try a blade against her. Best way to keep her in line is to threaten to cut off or shave her beard. Odd how some of these dwarven wenches sport facial scruff. The dark haired one does not, thankfully, and knows her place. But then they are one of the lesser races, and thus less evolved. But I ramble, my apologies Malla Ihar, that is the General's problem no? Inspect them as you will, Malla Ihar, before sending them onto the General. He has paid in full - 280,000 gold. Twilight gets wealthier, and so my prestige grows I am pleased to report.

Also growing, Malla Ihar, is the House. Now don't be angry, but I have wed Kamala. The ceremony was small, but by no means unimportant. Why my very own Guild Master performed the ceremony and there was even an Immortal of these lands here as witness. And my bride fully understands that our first female child will of course be your heir, since Gweneth, well.....since she left. I will not bring that up as I know it pains you. However, if all goes well, soon shall my bride be fruitful, and the betrayal of my twin to the House be in the past and forgotten.

I shall write again soon, Malla Ihar. Do give my greetings to Ilharn.

Dosst Ku'nal Dalharuk, Treneth.

Satisfied, Treneth read it over three more times, then folded the parchment, dripped red wax onto the back and stuck his ring into it, affixing his seal. Once done he nodded and rose. He would send it with the shipment going home, and prayed to Dread his Honored Mother wouldn't feel the need to travel.

Return to “Roleplay Story Strings”