A letter home

Messages for the Theatre des Vampires.
Leaders: Satyana, Tazmon
Treneth
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Of Dread

A letter home

Post by Treneth »

Sitting at his desk, in the small room he called his own in the Household, Treneth dipped quill to blood red ink and set words to parchment:

"Malla Ihar, (Honored Mother)
I pray to Quarval-sharess this letter finds you well.
The Guild of Warlocks has proven to be a good fit for me - as you well know - for you did tell me to seek it out upon my arrival in these lands. Unlike Gweneth, I do follow your teachings and strive to always honor the House of Rilynt'tar.

My training goes well and I gain strength and knowledge everyday. I have also found a niche within the city of Twilight, Malla Ihar, and find it to be very similar to Kars'luthyl. I am working with one of the leaders of the city, Lady Satyana, and assisting with the training and breeding of suitable slave stock. And not just your average scrub the floor, warm the bed kind. But stock with such diverse and special talents like: specialty cooking, scribes, tailors, animal husbandry, kennel masters, musicians, dancers and of course courtesans.

In addition, Mala Ihar, I am also seeing to the city's Gaol. It was in dire need of attention. But since arriving I have see to a new roof, scraped the dirt floors and made sure the rushes were changed out twice a week. Unfortunately, there are few prisoners here. A testament to the city and those who reside there no doubt. I have , therefore, proposed to Lady Satyana, that the city should contract out the Gaol to other cities. In effect, Twilight would take their riff-raff and criminals for a fee - to cover housing, feeding, whipping, execution and torture as the crime deems fit. Which would also, leave those cities free of such unmentionables on their streets. I am sure Devardec and Goldcroft would benefit from this business arrangement. Especially with the current pirate problem, not to mention the pirate Jamie Lachlan, who is currently Lord Croft's public enemy #1. Though unyet, convicted, I am sure if he were to be captured and sent to the gaol, he'd be VERY well cared for as Goldcroft's King would desire.

In honor of Quarval-sharess, I have joined the Temple of Dread. It fits well for me, Malla Ihar, but I am having difficulty in describing my want for power, and a plan in which to obtain it. Oh it's very hard to explain to Lady Satyana, who is also a leader within the temple. I, of course, want to go beyond just the common "wastrel," But it's not like I can chant a prayer, burn incense and sit vigil at the altar to gain progression - would it were that simple. I've never been one to brag about myself. That was always Gweneth's forte'. My apologies for mentioning her, Malla Ihar.

I know your enjoyment, Malla Ihar, and have selected a gift for you: twin dancers! They are identical elven females with not one blemish, and indistinguishable from the other except for a certain placed strawberry mark. I shall of course allow you to discover that for yourself, as well as in the naming of the pair.

In addition to the gift of the slave dancers, I also send a small portrait. She is a dusky beauty is she not, Malla Ihar? I am sure you will be pleased. I have decided upon her for the continuation of our line and vessel of your Heir, Malla Ihar. She is quite striking is she not? Though not a spellcaster, she is deviously deadly with a blade. Her name is Kamala. I do hope you approve, Malla Ihar.

I look forward to your reply.
Dosst Ku'nal Dalharuk, Treneth."

Having finished, Treneth dusted it with sand, shook it off, then rolled it and sealed the scroll with wax and the press of his signet ring. Snapping for a slave, he handed the scroll to the boy. "Take this to the city post, and do not dawdle," he admonished the child, then exited his rooms to check on the current progress of the delivery of the twin dancers to his honored mother.
Treneth
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Of Dread

Re: A letter home

Post by Treneth »

As Treneth was walking in the gaol of Twilight, he had just come from a rather pleasant interrogation of a wharf rat and was in the process of wiping blood off his hands with a cloth, when a guard marched up to him, snapped a sharp salute and handed him a wax sealed scroll. Accepting the cylinder with a wave, Treneth headed to the small room accorded to him for an office in the gaol, and sat down to read. He then had to smile. It was a return letter from his Honored Mother. Filling a cup with wine, he sat down, drank and broke the seal with a thumb nail and began to read:

""Malla Dalharuk,
It was indeed a pleasure to hear of your success and progress within the prestigious Guild of Warlocks. I expect nothing less.
You will of course continue to focus and do as this Lady Satyana commands, ussta dalharuk. If all in your life were easy, it would be common and not worth breath, nor the effort in which it were done. It is the unworthy who want things easy, and of course elves and humans. You are of Quiellar Rilynt'ter, lerg wiu, and ancient and proud blood line, remember this and cease your complaints.
Now, do not think I hadn't noticed your mention of "HER." But I refuse to speak of your twin or utter her name. The elg'caress chose her path and shall live with that. She is dead to me, to the House, period. Think not to manipulate my resolve in this, malla dalharuk. Your sire too has tried, and now regrets doing so!
Which brings me to the one you call, Kamala. The small portrait you sent of her is very intriguing. I would know more of her with your next letter. As you have selected her without my final approval - we shall see. I would know of her bloodlines, mother, sire and House. But, siyo, I would say she is very beautiful, a plus most certainly. And such skill with a blade is not to be discounted indeed. Perhaps I shall come and see this treasured vessel myself.
Lastly, malla dalharuk, I come to your thoughtful "Gift." The Elven dancers are indeed a fine treasure. I am most pleased with their skill. A fine testament to your work and training of these beasts while in Twilight, malla dalharuk. You should be well rewarded for such dedication. General Ssassirigg has a keen interest in such pretties. However, he finds the elves to be too reedy and pale. He would have me place an order with you for a similar pair but Dwarven females. He is willing to pay up to 100,000 gold for the pair. Why he would want such short, hairy beasts is beyond me. Mine are perfectly willowy and hairless. So I say find such a bearded hairy set for the General and require 150,000 gold. He will of course pay. Ensure one has a specialty such as singing or playing an instrument. It will distract from their brutish and diminished demeanor.
I wish you well, malla dalharuk. Always strive and demand more for yourself.
I also enclose a note from your Sire. He insisted, and since your gifts were so entertaining, and noteworthy (I DID find the strawberry mark!) I deemed to indulge his want to write to you.
I'ssuri""

As Treneth finished his mother's letter he had to chuckle. So, she enjoyed the gift. That was a good thing. And would indeed help console her when told he'd picked and chosen Kamala. He had proposed and she had accepted. The thought made him smile, as well as the thought of shafting the General out of his gold. He could certainly find a pair of Dwarven females to suit his purpose. If not in Twilight, he was sure he could find such a pair in Goldcroft. Chuckling to himself, Treneth rolled down the scroll more and there was his father's letter. Taking another drink of wine, he continued to read:

""Vendui Malla Dalharuk,
Your mother was kind enough to let me see your letter. I am proud of your progress within the Guild of Warlocks. I never had a doubt you would succeed in what you wanted. However, because I questioned your mother regarding Gweneth I am now assigned to oversee the Kennels. Which is fine with me, lotha b'luth'ol. As I can check in on your hound, Silinrul. He is doing well and just recently helped General Ssassirigg take down a rather vicious zhas boar on the last hunt.
I saw the small portrait of the one you call, Kamala. She is indeed pretty and does seem to be well suited to your Honored Mother's aims. But do not choose a woman just to serve her demands. Make sure the choice is one you also will enjoy and cherish. You were smart to leave when you did, lotha b'luth'ol. Your mother had chosen the daughter of Viscount Korit'al for your wife. She is an amiable enough girl, but the crossed eyes are a little difficult to ignore - regardless of bloodlines. Personally, I think your mother lost a bet to the insufferable bore to agree to such a match; she does like her entertainments and cards. Of course she would never admit such to me - so I remain in the kennels.
I have sent you some gold. It is not much, but I do hope it helps in securing the one of your choice to your side. Buy her a nice trinket. They do like shiny things.
Be well, lotha b'luth'ol, you are missed.
Kel'nar""

Well now! Treneth was pleased to hear from his sire. And glad he hadn't had to marry the daughter of the Viscount. Crossed eyes indeed!
Treneth gave a small shudder at the thought, and downed the last of his wine. It seemed he'd be busy filling an order for the General. He had heard there was a singing Dwarfess around Frostfall, perhaps he'd send a few scouts there tomorrow.
Chuckling, he headed out to find Kamala. Though he surely hoped his mother didn't intend to visit. That would be........well, it was something he'd not dwell on just yet.

Return to “Theatre des Vampires”