A new ally

Messages for the Wizards' Guild
Vindictus
Guild: Wizards

A new ally

Post by Vindictus »

It was day 21 of Deori's Pleasure of the year 468 Vindictus was on a morning errand heading out through the northern gate of Tranos. I was running some misc Arcana components to a shop in Frostfall as they were running low on supplies. He stopped shortly after leaving the northern gate he began to hear a roar echoing down from the mountains. Listening intently for a few brief seconds something was in peril and needed help and fast. I threw my components I had been carrying into my backpack and took off sprinting to the mountains. I found the source of the trouble after rounding a mountain side and found a massive red dragon cornered by many Spine Back devils. They had encirlced the dragon and the dragon was backed up to a crevice in the mountain, every time the dragon drew in breath to spit fire on the devils, they attacked from the sides to avoid her dangerous maw. I came in sprint and started prepping myself with my strongest lightning spells. The first devil turned to me but being weakened by the dragon fell quickly to my massive blast of lightning energy. The devil literally exploded with the shear power of my attack. The dragon began spitting fire on the closest devil to her melting the bones into a pile of ash, simultaneously three devils came in hard and clawing biting and striking at the great dragons side. It roared back in pain and let a bellow of anger, trying to turn and face it's attackers the devils were out maneuvering the dragon due to the shear size of this dragon. I cast again blasting the devil still attacking the dragon and now it was down to the last two devil's. The dragon lowered its maw and bit hard into one of the last devils and turned to the last devil but my blast came in before it had a chance to strike down its last victim. Roaring in pain the dragon lowered down and laid on its side, she very labored breathing.

Her breaths were short and painful sounding, I tried the only thing i knew that may help, my strongest healing spell. Casting it upon the dragon revealed my mere mortal magic had no power on this majestic ancient dragon. There was nothing I could do except play my hand on the side of its head. When I heard the high pitched shrieking coming from the crevice that the mother dragon had been protecting I knew something was there. I stayed by the large dragons side as it drew in its last final breaths. She had been fighting for awhile against those devils who knew how many there were in the begining or why they were attacking her. After a short period she exhaled and failed to draw in another breath, the dragon passed with my hand on her and my heart bled out for her the feeling was overwhelming to witness such a magnificent creature pass in my pressence. The shrieking intensified to a level of mind shattering till it droned off and I approached the crevice with care and apprehension. A smaller baby dragon was backed into the corner of the crevice that his mama had died protecting.

It became clear to me why his mother had not taken flight to fight those devils, it became clear why she was guarding the crevice in the manner she was. This little guy had been saved because his mother had sacrificed herself for him. I knelt down and faced this dragon face to face and we gazed into each others eyes for what seemed a brief eternity. In that moment the dragon imprinted with me and I knew he was to be with me for the rest of my life. He shared memories with me and the last thing he shared with me was his mothers passing with me next to her. I wept with the dragon has he came closer for an embrace, I knew I would never leave my new friends side and that he would be named Anachronos.
sherrie
Guild: Wizards

Re: A new ally

Post by sherrie »

Dear Vindicates,

A very sad tale, but I trust your new friendship will offer your companion some comfort.

I look forward to meeting Anachronous.

Return to “Wizards' Guild”