A Dispatch Arrives

Messages for the Wizards' Guild
Silk

A Dispatch Arrives

Post by Silk »

A short man steps out of the shadows and hands a note to Illuin. "Please deliver this to your Guildmaster."

@----------------------------------------------------------------------------------@
Aoveron,

Greetings to the master of the Wizards. We have only spoken a
few times, however I am sure that we both look forwards to a
prosperous future between us.

The Wizards' Guild have a long and storied past, and I would
like to see that it continues and that Wizards all over have a
safe place to study and teach their arts. This is a promise that
I made once to one of my original Sun Guard, Vessex; who also
served as the Hierarch of Magic.

Please let me know if you or one of your lieutenants can meet
with me to discuss plans for the future.

Baron Silk, Master of Pain
@----------------------------------------------------------------------------------@
aoveron
Guild: Wizards
Temple: Magic

Re: A Dispatch Arrives

Post by aoveron »

Aoveron sits in his office, mulling over the outcome of his meeting with this new, yet old, Baron Silk. Protection of the Guild is paramount, and by extension the city. Silk seemed genuine in his desire to ensure a safe Devardec, yet there was still something that rung hollow. Perhaps because he seemed so unlike the Silk that Aoveron once knew, before the divine changed him.

Whether trustworthy or not, though, he was now in control of Devardec and the surrounding lands, so there was no choice but to work with him. Aoveron had seen first-hand, back home in Stone Keep, what kind of damage the Chaos Storms could cause and what kind of monsters they would bring. And Silk *had* promised a tower to become a new place of learning. It had been ages since the Guild has expanded, and this time the Sun Child would be a patron....assuming Silk was truthful.

Sighing, Aoveron tapped his claws on the desk. Too many questions, and not enough answers. For now, it seemed the only move was to keeping playing or risk being destroyed. Summoning one of the Guild Tutors, he sent the desk off into a pocket dimension and left the office. Throwing his arm about the Tutor's shoulders, he starts talking excitedly as they walk off. "Now let me explain this new idea I've had to help combat the chaos storms....yes, curved shields. Redirect, not absorb! Yes...yes...exactly....."

A note has been posted on the message board in the Cloakroom:

"Wizards! Our new Baron Silk has requested we send an ambassador to his council as a show of good will and cooperation. We are a part of Devardec, despite the city having no rule over us. We must protect it as we would protect our own Guild.

This will be an advisory role, to aid in the cities defenses. I expect it will be an excellent opportunity for any Wizard, young or old. Anyone wishing to apply should contact me directly."
--
Chancellor of Stone Keep Aoveron
Hierarch of Magic
Wizard's Guild Officer

Return to “Wizards' Guild”