Faraday
Guild: Warlocks

Warlock Guild Officer Recruitment

Post by Faraday »

'lo Warlocks.

So - the results of the Guildvote are in:

Now that GM elections are over, the matter of appointing GO's
will soon be undertaken. To that end, how many GO's do you
feel are required? (Note: This vote is advisory and non binding).
Choices:
(1) 0 - Simply having Faraday as GM will serve our purposes. (459)
(2) 1 - To suitably increase availability of a Guild Officer. (12)
(3) 2 - Provided they are worthy. Many hands make light work. (0)
(4) 3 - The maximum complement; to enable optimum coverage. (0)
(5) ? - I don't mind, so long as they're not idiots. (718)

In response to the results, firstly, thank you. Both for casting your ballot and for the overwhelming support for my GMship these results reflect. Empowered by the knowledge that the Guild has confidence in my ability to lead unassisted, which is a well founded stance, allows me to approach Guild Officer recruitment in a way which is something a little different from the norm and more in line with my modus operandi. An approach I will continue to observe throughout my term.

Whilst I could of course effectively enact the typically established requirements of the Guildmaster role with only myself at the helm, in order to deliver more significant changes of consequence which benefits the membership as a whole, having an extra set of hands on board will assist me in a number of ways.

For now, I will be looking to recruit a single Guild Officer however, I won't arbitrarily appoint someone just for the sake of filling the role. I will ensure the right candidate for the job is given the opportunity. If I find there are a number of people who I feel would excel in the role, I reserve the right to revisit Guild Officer numbers, at any point during this process and in the future.

I have no time for meaningless requirements of age or level; these seem counter-intuitive if you have the relevant expertise to excel in the role, so will suspend any such requirements. Additionally, if you have siblings in other establishments in positions of power, you are also not excluded from applying. In fact, I would heartily welcome your consideration to join the GO team here. Knowledge is Power and those who qualify this tenet in spades, will find me a most welcoming individual.

In order for you to understand what I'm looking for, I've further outlined my expectations below. Some expectations I've outlined cannot be enacted without the corresponding change in-realm. The rest of the membership will be provided final details of any changes in full as and when they are of consequence. As a GO you would of course be privy to some information here ahead of that and would be expected to keep it confidential as necessary.

Expectations:

- Guildluck
Guild Officers will be supported and encouraged to obtain the luck when we have members in the realms, who will make use of it. It's perfectly acceptable to steal the luck in pursuit of this goal however, I would ask that this be done with style, substance & where possible a unique angle. (Read my: Thieves' & Wizards' steals as an example). I'm more than happy for the GO to find their own style to do this, so long as it doesn't degenerate into all out luck wars, for no reason other than to prop up their own ego. Ego's are more than acceptable, however, as a GO, the expectation is that the guild comes first and protecting its resources, whilst in office, comes above any personal vendetta's. Those who want to do different whilst in the role, need not apply.

- Guild Rewards (excluding the Reward Scheme).
Guild Officers will be expected to administrate a number of activities for members of the Guild to obtain some of the unique items available to us.
For clarity, this includes Guild Members being afforded the opportunity to obtain:
i) The Shadow Dragon
ii) The Bloody Sinew
iii) The Pentagram Tattoo (also referred to as Oltravar's Mark).
iv) The Aura of Malevolence
The Guild Charter (read: here) provides clear requirements for what must be done in order for a member to obtain these items. I will review a Guild Officer's ability to set tasks as outlined in the charter on a case-by-case basis to ascertain suitability to provide this service to Guild Members. I may delegate responsibility to a Guild Officer to administrate none, one or all of these services for our members. This is a change to previous administrations as typically only the Guild Master would entertain applicants for the Aura of Malevolence or Shadow Dragon.

- Involvement with upcoming Guild Changes
Without going into intricate detail, the incoming GO will be required to assist with a few updates here and there in the guild. I've been in touch with TPTB and had clearance for some changes which I'll endevour to enact during my term as GM. The incoming GO will be expected to assist in this regard - further details will be shared with the succesful applicant but sufficed to say, it will require creative thinking - anyone applying for the role will be expected to qualify their capability in this regard. In addition, the incoming Guild Officer will also be involved with the redesign and restructure of the current reward scheme.

- Activity
As a minimum, I'll require my Guild Officers to be active in the realms and available to our members for a minimum of 5 hours a week. Ideally a lot more however, I appreciate otherworldly circumstances can often dictate the time we have available to be present. I will also expect the incoming GO to work on a few items outside of the realms. Should the successful GO go missing, not be around for weeks on end, or otherwise be absent from the realms, they may find they are removed, replaced or worse.

- Unique / Non cookie-cutter mentality of what a Warlock is
As an advocate of the non typical warlock (ie. not a necromancer style persona, who considers themselves above and beyond anyone else, but unable to qualify it), I require the incoming GO(s) to be able to facilitate the ideal that Knowledge is Power and everything else in between is folly. This would also incorporate providing real advice of substance which will help guild members break out from the mould. As indicated, there are some initiatives I'm working on with the Ops type people to assist facilitate this from an in-realm perspective with a few subtle updates to the Guild, which I'd request the incoming GO also support with - this would both be from an engine and roleplay perspective.

Anyone wishing to be considered for the role, please submit a missive to me via WarlockFaraday@gmail.com, and please complete/answer the following questions:

1) Name
2) Approximate length of time as a Warlock (ooc length)
3) Approximate length of time as an inhabitant of Norland, in any guise (ooc length)
4) Outline a small scenario you would enact when stealing the luck from another guild, to enable our members to have the benefits it entails.
5) Provide an example of a quest you would impart upon a Glvl 100 member (Elf Sorceror, Medium level knowledge of the realms), to embark upon to obtain a Shadow Dragon.
6) Provide an example outline of an item you believe would portray the "Knowledge is Power" tenet suitably. Please include TOUCH, SMELL & TASTE etc. as part of this submission.
7) List any other items of note you feel would support your application.

On receipt of your application, I will arrange a small sync-up in the realms to discuss the role in more detail and to assign a small challenge, to further test your Knowledge of the realms we inhabit.

As highlighted in my opening statement, having a GO is not essential to my administration, but would assist. To that end, if no-one suitable comes forward, I will simply continue to administrate the guild alone which is of course, well within my capability, until such a time a suitable candidate presents themselves.

In light of this, there is no end date to submit an application to join the GO team - feel free to submit an application at any time during my tenure as GM.

If there are any questions or clarification required to any of the above, please don't hesitate to contact me through whatever means you find suitable.

TTFN.
~The Fabulous One

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”