An Initial Address from your new GM - Faraday

Messages for the Warlocks' Guild
Faraday
Guild: Warlocks

An Initial Address from your new GM - Faraday

Post by Faraday »

'lo Warlocks.

Well, here we are.

I'm now Guild Master of our fine establishment. I appreciate the vote of confidence those I've spoken to have given to me and also to those who indicated privately that they would not stand against me to support my nomination, which has brought us to this point.

Unlike a number of incoming GM's who have made grandiose statements, promises of magnificence, or other such proclamations, I'm going to keep my initial address as succinct as possible.

I outlined in my nomination what I would facilitate & administrate on behalf of the guild and don't need to go over those points - I was purposely descriptive in what you can expect of me were I successful in my bid for the GMship (you can revisit my nomination post here if you need a reminder: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2225). All of the items I highlighted I would oversee & administrate are now in effect. Feel free to contact me for any Guild related matter and I will review and action your request in a timely manner.

A few items I outlined in my nomination will take some time to enact and to that end I will address the guild in due course with further information on those items (GO's, Reward Scheme, Hunting etc.). Once I've had time to familiarise myself with the role and enact a few changes here and there, I will then be able to facilitate them accordingly. Watch this space for further information as I have it.

Now, on to a few items of business which required my immediate attention:

1) The Guild Web Scrolls, historically housed on the celestnet.com site, have mysteriously disappeared, along with all other content housed there. As any self-respecting organisation deserves to be represented in this manner, I've created a new series of scrolls here: http://www.warlocksguild.ga. These will be updated over time with anything pertinent which needs to be housed there. For now, they contain the Guild Charter and the now obsolete Reward Scheme.

2) As inferred above, the Reward Scheme as it previously existed is no longer in effect. With the change to Guild Patronage, the loss of the Rune Tracker on the old webscrolls and the current membership numbers, the scheme as it stood was no longer viable. Any Warlocks' interested in obtaining some of the Elder items it availed to you, please speak to me privately in the realms. I have a temporary alternative available for you to attempt to acquire yourself some of the rewards previously available - although don't expect obtaining them to be any easier than they previously were.

3) Guild Officer recruitment will start within the next few weeks. This will be one of my first orders of business, however, I'm interested to hear the guilds view on how many they believe are warranted at this time. Please check the current Guild Vote within the realms to provide your opinions. The vote is non-binding, but I will of course take the results under advisement. I'll post an announcement once the Guild Vote is complete in two weeks, outlining further information on the selection process for those who are interested.

But for now, that's yer lot.

If you need me, drop me a note in the realms, or send a messenger to WarlockFaraday@gmail.com
~The Fabulous One

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”