State of the Guild Address - 14 Cherrin, Year 512

Messages for the Warlocks' Guild
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

State of the Guild Address - 14 Cherrin, Year 512

Post by sliper »

Dearest Warlocks,

I wish I could say that I stand before you, proud to have taken on this mantle of leadership once again.

However, I will not insult your intelligence by sugarcoating the situation we find ourselves in. I have taken this mantle only because not a single one of you stood in my way. None of you had the ambition, the aspiration, or the zeal to pursue this honor, or to do take any action to prevent me from ascending to this great height once again. Your apathy disgusts me, as it should disgust you.

Obviously, there is much work to be done.

Our guild requires greatness. It demands success.

Some of you have achieved great feats in times past. We cannot simply look on our past, collectively and individually, and think that this is enough. We cannot rest on our proverbial or literal laurels. We must be better than that, or we are disgrace ourselves and our guild.

The lands are quiet. They are desolate. Some may claim that means the realm is devoid of opportunity, but I know that to be the opposite. You must know this as well; you must sense it.

I will continue to aspire to greatness, to succeed in arenas both familiar and new. I expect you all to do the same. I demand it of you.

There will be no participation incentive until such a time that there are those who have earned the right to the spoils of our guild. At present, there are not.

~S~
Sliper, Charter Member

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”