My deepest regrets for the recent lack of drive - An OOC notice.

Messages for the Warlocks' Guild
Maugath
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

My deepest regrets for the recent lack of drive - An OOC notice.

Post by Maugath »

I write this entirely OOC, as the cause of my recent lack of activity and motivation is such.

I must apologize whole heartedly to those remaining active members of the guild, as well as those who were active and have since moved on or found another attention holder. Over the course of the last several weeks, my presence has been severely lacking. My attention has been else where, and frankly my heart has not been in my normal interests and activities.

I also know that I should have addressed this issue sooner, and for that I take full responsibility for any actions the guild deems appropriate towards Maugath in his role.. As it stands, I cannot promise a complete return to full attention during more popular hours. I still do try to check in on a daily basis, though I find myself mostly doing that during the very late/very early hours Eastern Standard Time. During these hours, I mostly come across monks and wizards - not very many Warlocks anymore.

As for a short explanation - My father passed away on October 14th after a five year battle with lung cancer. After the initial period of handling arrangements and taking a bit of personal time, I've tried somewhat unsuccessfully to get back into a pattern of normalcy. Now with the holidays approaching, I will be working about half of the next two months on twelve hour shifts and six day weeks.. The rest of that time will likely be spend with family as we continue to adjust and try to move forward.

In terms of activity within the guild - It seems to have come back around to being the normal active players. Those few newer that we had gained seemed to have left. I am unsure if that is my inactivity at fault, or just their own lives entering to take them away. I will take the blame for it, though.

Starting today, November 8th, Ravon will be appointed as acting Guild Officer. I am still available by email ( WarlockMaugath@gmail.com) , and message in game. I will continue to try to adjust my schedules back to normal and become more active during more "peak" hours as I can. I am always open to suggestions, ideas, and feedback in any case.

If there is a majority disfavor, and intent to open a VOC on Maugath I would completely understand. As it is, the incentives I had tried to put forward before now have been unsuccessful. The ideas I had originally intended to push, not followed through.

Once again, my apologies for my current string of failures to those who have spent their time beneath the banner of the Warlocks.
jaimie lachlan
Guild: Thieves
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Re: My deepest regrets for the recent lack of drive - An OOC notice.

Post by jaimie lachlan »

I'm sorry for your loss. If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate. I've lost both my parents and a spouse. Focus on you and know we all care more for your well being and grief than seeing you "in game."
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”