October Incentive

Messages for the Warlocks' Guild
Maugath
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

October Incentive

Post by Maugath »

Warlocks,

For the otherworldly month of October, keeping with the "spirit of the season," we will be having a scavenger hunt of sorts.

Death and dismemberment.
Leaving countless corpses in your wake is nothing new, I am sure. Let us instead explore the possibility that those shells open up.

The offer I put before all of you is to bring me a collection of body parts within the realm. Each Warlock who actively participates in this task will be given reward based upon their completion of what is asked.

• Fifteen(15) - You will be awarded a payout of two(2) raw runes and fifty thousand(50,000) gold pieces from the guild treasury.
  • Twenty Five(25) - You will be awarded a payout of three(3) raw runes, and seventy five thousand(75,000) gold pieces from the guild treasury.
  • Forty(40) - You will be awarded a payout of four(4) raw runes, and one hundred thousand(100,000) gold pieces from the guild treasury.

Multiple offerings of the same body part will not be accepted. Multiple different parts from the same type of creature, however, will be accepted. That said, there will be a
bonus of one(1), two(2) and three(3) raw runes and a doubling of the gold payout if each item is from an individual TYPE of creature. As an example, to receive this bonus you cannot turn in three different parts from a kobold.

These items can be turned in to me in person within the realm. Due to quantities requested, all items are not required to be given at the same time. I will keep a listing of who has given me what items until the event is completed. To make it easier, you can contact me via message or pigeon(email) to better set up a time to turn in the items. (I am aware it is sometimes difficult to meet up with certain individuals due to some of the hours I keep. I may also accept a log of items placed into a room within the guild that is not in a "main" portion of the guild, as long as the items are there to be seen and match the log.)

Let us reach into the void, and take back the souls we have given.
Delve deeper into the dark paths of magic, in the taking of a soul. To show that our power is unmatched, our willingness to explore all aspects of magic is unequaled. For those that wish to go down this path, you can show the guild your willingness to reach for absolute power by forming your own creation. This must, at minimum, include a heart and a brain from a creature. At least ten other parts must be used from those that you have brought forth to make a viable creature.

You can reply to this topic with a tale of your creature, and the process of its creation via the use of dark magic. Those that choose to go this far into the incentive will receive an additional two hundred and fifty thousand(250,000) gold pieces. Only one creation will be allowed per individual. If there are multiple entries offered by those of the guild, a vote will be held to see which creation is the most unique offering. The winner of that vote will be granted an additional reward, to be decided by the amount of competition he or she faced.

Continued study into the understanding of Mysticism.
The additional September incentive offered for Mysticism totems will continue to be extended into October and beyond, until a suitable amount of stock is obtained. You can see that offer here.

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”