State of the Guild Address - First Harvest, 503

Messages for the Warlocks' Guild
venis
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

State of the Guild Address - First Harvest, 503

Post by venis »

A dark mist seeps from sinew of the pulsing walls and slithers toward the missive placement area. In its wake is a formal notice boasting the depiction of a serpent coiled around a dagger and a small stack of gold coins which reads:

State of the Guild Address
As of Day 15 of First Harvest, 503

To the only true magic wielders of consequence,

This missive is to apprise you of recent dealings ongoing within the administration of our Guild. Though my administration soon ends, absent my own announcement of candidacy for the next otherworldly six-month term, it is useful to nevertheless make acknowledgment of recent matters.

1. Passed: The Charter of 503 If you have been awake at all in recent years, you will have heard much suggestion, comment, voting, debate, and overall, an investment of sincere collaborative and cumulative labor that has gone into the codification of our Amended Charter, effective as of year 503. All Warlocks who have contributed to the these discussions have my appreciation, especially Maugath. But, more importantly, you ought each be reminded that your involvement with this matter has been one in which you helped define a piece of our Guild’s history moving forward. It is our intention that, with the Amended Charter, our mortal leadership shall be more autonomous to act without the aid of divine intervention—an avenue that pleases me infinitely.
  2. Events: The Great Arcane Assembly Be it known that there is a reinvigorated interest of the other, lesser, would-be-magic-wielding Guildmasters, toward our collaborative event, TGAA, taking place once again. I expect, should I not continue my reign, that any new Warlock Guildmaster shall further these agendas so that, for a second time, we may demonstrate our superiority over those who profess to practice magic.
  3. Awards: June’s Participation Incentive Apparently Sliper thought that it would be amusing to leave you all with an incomplete and disastrous tithe drive upon which you were promised great reward. As per my most recent literature on the matter, this is now closed. However, thanks to the contributions of Pari, by visiting the literature aforementioned, we have been able to make sense of his failings, calculate standings, and ensure his promises were kept.
  4. Awards: General Congratulatory Remarks It should be noted that, within a small time frame, a number of our younger Warlocks have satisfactorily appeased the Guild’s requirements for a few of our most coveted artifacts and beasts of honor. As such, we have had little room to laud them all on the Guild’s notices, which once again are being updated. Accordingly, congratulations to Maugath, Stryph, and Treneth are in order, as each have earned Oltravar’s Mark, the Shadow Dragon, and the Aura of Malevolence.
  5. Guildmaster Campaigns Be advised that it is election season. For details on this matter, you are encouraged to review the already rather active Campaign Thread.
  6. Guildvote: Generally It is most refreshing to announce that, for the first time in years, these are once again being not only used, but employed as a tool to convey useful suggestions and take action upon them. I only hope our more recent illustrations of such uses for the Guildvote continue, and indeed this may once more be understood as an effective instrumentality of the Guild. In furtherance thereof, our next Guildvote shall be upon the Guildmaster.
  7. Guild Officers As of my recent edict, Pari shall serve us until the end of my term. In the event I am not around, her word shall be the law of the Guild.

This shall be the final State of the Guild address for this term of the administration. I bid you each profitable dealings, and those as are seeking to lead our Guild the best of luck.

Cordially,

V.”

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”