Warlock GM Campaign Thread

Messages for the Warlocks' Guild
Enthia
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Magic

Re: Warlock GM Campaign Thread

Post by Enthia »

Question 1

Let us clear the air of this misconception first off. As to your first question no one goaded me into anything.
I had openly discussed running before these elections were even posted. If my memory is correct I do believe you were there for at
least one of these discussions. I was even openly asking for the VOC to remove Sliper so the guild could move forward and was ready
at that time to step forward.

Now you ask do I run to just make it a contested election?
I ask in return how can that even be possible when I was the first person to post intent for a few days after these proceedings
started. So it would be difficult to contest anything when I was the only name at the time to pick from.

As for policies.

The guild for the most part does not need any major policicy changes. Yes we could use a few things tweaked in the rune system
and other areas, other then that were pretty well off in those regards. I decided to run for a few reasons. I believe I can
serve the guild well in this capacity.

Now do I run to have the power associated with being Warlock GM? Well to simply put it YES I am Warlock and it is our life to
search for power. Well what higher power can a mortal warlock hold then being called master of the guild?

Question 2

The Warlock I most wish to see dead is Maladict. Having personally known him he was a sniveling pathetic weakling who should never
have been allowed entrance into these halls. I can not count the number of times he has been killed by Kort or Medea for his actions
or removed from the guild completely. He acted more like a wizard then Sliper ever did when in these halls. While many might think
Maugath an easy choice since he stands as my challenger to the guild. I would not kill him over Maladict for the simple fact that
Maugath is a WARLOCK, Maladict was never one in my eyes.

Question 3.

I would rather not answer this one because I believe it has no actual worth behind it. This scenario would never happen it is foolish
to believe we would simply be able to choose three Warlock's and have them actually agree to serve. Let alone the fact that most of
the older ones are no where to be found. On that note though I could sit here and name people like Kort, Theseus, Thompson ,Scylla Prodigal,
Balthoron and even more. All of which can easily be argued through their actions in the guild why they would make excellent choices. However
as I stated I am not going to because I feel there is no real merit with a what if scenario.

Question 4

As to why I am the better choice, there are more ways then I could pen in a year. To start I have a vast knowledge of the land and its lore.
I would be able to help the younger warlock's progress in their studies in both the guild and magic istelf. I feel being a Scholar in Magic grants
me a greater understanding of it's inner workings. I understand what it is to be a Warlock in every aspect. I have partipated in almost everything
I have been able to. Whether it is some form of event or simple discussion in the guild. I believe this gives me a greater grasp then my opponent in how
the guild feels and runs as a whole. There is nothing in the guild I either could not or have not been to able to be awarded other then the
Grimoire and taking the place as Master or Officer. Which I am ready to do so at this time.
Maugath
Temple: Dread

Post by Maugath »

venis wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 pm Explain why, without some nonsense about "fresh blood" or citing to your policies as sound ones, you're the better candidate than Enthia overall.
Let me start with a bit of a reply to Enthia’s own comments here, as well as the inclusion of my own feelings. In part, her reply shows why I am the better candidate. Even with her self-proclaimed vast knowledge of lore and the lands, she seems to misunderstand how exactly things work.

I do not seek the position for some false sense of mortal power for some short, trivial term. The position of Guild Master is not sought for personal benefit in the now, but as a one step among many in the creation of a legacy. Like those considered the great leaders of our history, I do not want to simply follow some pre-ordained idea of worth by position. It is my goal, with this first term of many to come, to continue to alter the perception of what it is to be a Warlock. To continue to show that we, above all other mortal creatures, are the personification of power. Not solely as individuals, but as one entity.

I do not claim to do this by sitting idle in the guild hall, boasting on past accomplishments or activities. I am driven to constantly improve, absorb, and extend my knowledge and physical form. To put it more simply, what do you show us now? Not what have you shown us in the past.

I will not, as she seems to want to do, bring temple into the equation. If I were to do so, my intentions of Dread should speak for themselves, with its history tied so closely to the guild itself. I do not question her devotion and understanding of magic. Nor her position in her temple. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand. We are all quite adept at magic, and a greater than normal understanding of its workings does not make you a better Warlock. It has how you use that knowledge to benefit yourself and your guild that would prove your worth, and I see no examples of you having done so.

As it stands, you still did not answer the question put before you with something more suitable than for you run for the “power” associated with the position of Guild Master.

You decided to run for a few reasons. – What are these reasons, you still have yet to tell us?
You believe you can serve the guild well in this capacity. – In what capacity? As a statue within the halls of the guild, where you spend a majority of your current time during these elections?

You claim to be able to help the younger Warlocks. I’ve not doubt you could do so, as could any number of Warlocks. Your participation and gaining of awards does not stand to make you suitable to lead. You keep the claim that having gained all items except for the Grimoire is reason enough you are more qualified. Is this, then, how you see stature as a Warlock defined?

venis wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 pm Fill in the blank: The Warlock I most wish to see dead is _______. Justify.
I must confess, there is not one currently residing and alive that I wish to see dead. Even one who many may consider the most likely answer at this time, with his failures, has served a greater purpose to the guild. Those few who have made entrance into our halls and shown embarrassment or failure should not be granted the release of death. They should, instead, by forced to live with the reality of their failure. To know that they are beneath those that they so wished to be a part of.

venis wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 pm You can have three (3) GOs. Assuming all Warlocks you extended the invitation to, from past or present, would say "Yes", who would those Warlocks be and why?
I must admit I am hesitant, and this question alone has been the cause of the delay in my response to this inquiry. I have much confidence that I will be successful in my term as Guild Master, without the need for a full roster of guild officers as support.

That said, I will put forth a brief reply to this. There are former Warlocks who have done more than just lead the guild. They have molded it from its beginning into the guild that we all now know as our own. This must be taken under the stipulation that these individuals would not undermine, and only offer to benefit with their vision.

Oltravar - A selection chosen for the ideal of a Warlock in its most base form. These original members and leaders are what gave birth our understanding of Warlock. That formed and molded the guild so that future generations of us could become what we are today. Through time, and the vision of leaders following them, this has changed to our current understanding of what it is to be a Warlock.

Kane - The great loss of history saddens me, and I can only go by the little information I find on such topics. Those few who remember and can give some account by word of mouth, though the memories may be fading. I selected Kane for an unwavering dedication to serve Dread, and in turn impart his vision of darkness back into the guild. To return to a path that had strayed from its original intent.

Kort - There is no question of his effect on the current guild that we know. There are those who look at Kort as the definitive Warlock, having molded the guild to its current state. For all who followed him, even in their disagreement or distaste of him on a personal level, to respect and honor what he created. His vision, drive and the will to make these goals succeed have crafted the modern ideal of a Warlock. Those who have come since have inevitably been extending his purpose. Perhaps more in his times of ridicule than in his praises, he has boosted the guild to where we were indeed the vastly superior grouping of individuals in the land. Each with our own purpose, goals and schemes. Each of those, in themselves, only furthering the cause for the guild as a whole.

There are numerous other choices who would make exceptional officers, and who did so in their time. Many achieved their own greatness, pushing their agendas.

Perhaps this is not the intended answer Venis was looking for when he asked this question. Though they do represent traits that we must all possess. I believe that was the intention of the question, though maybe my personal take on it was incorrect.

The foresight to lead and define what had not come before, that which would become the basis for the greatest guild to exist within the lands. To grow a city to great prosperity and strength. The dedication and service to ideals, unwavering. The drive and ambition to create a new vision. To set a standard that those who come behind you would willingly follow. To lead, not only in your own time but far beyond it.
Enthia

Post by Enthia »

I was trying to avoid going down this route. With that being said let us begin. I have never claimed to solely want the mantle for my own personal power,only that it is a part of it. To put it plainly, yes I am a Warlock, why would I not want the power? Now you claim all I do is sit here in these halls. I participate fully in everything the guild offers. Whether or not I am out simply gaining levels does not have any merit to my ability to lead the guild.As to my sitting about boasting on past accomplishments, perhaps at times I have, but they are mine and I have earned the right to do so if I wish. If my accomplishments be it past or present do not help my case for the role of master then surely your lack of any past or even very little present must make your campaign a joke. I mean other than drafting the charter, which let's be honest, was all of our thoughts not just yours. What have you done other than the things you claim do not make me a suitable candidate? You took advantage of a tithe drive and bonus experience to rocket in level and now think because of this you are ready to lead us. It takes more to lead than simply gaining levels.
Maugath

Post by Maugath »

Let me offer you a correction, Enthia. I have never claimed that my rise in ranking within the lands, or the guild itself, is what gives me thought that I am suitable to lead this guild for the next term. It is, instead, the ambition and the drive involved in doing so in such a short time. I must agree, I did benefit from a boost in a number of those ranks gained. Just slightly over half, if you must be made aware of that. The lack of the tithe drive, and the lack of that boost has not stopped my advancement. I will give way that it has slowed, as it does for all as they reach certain brackets.

I also never claimed to be solely responsible for the creation of the current charter as it stands. Do I feel, with the activity Venis and myself put into the presentation of ideas, that I played a larger part in what we see? I do. If I am mistaken in that regard, then that embarrassment will shine on me and me alone. However, the ideas I tried to present were for the benefit of the guild as a whole, to bring positive change as we move into the future. My intentions with any idea or vote were not done with selfish thought as to what better suits my own situation.

If we must be clear on what makes us suitable as a potential leader, then my gaining of levels is equal to your history of participation. Participation in monthly schemes or events does not grant one suitable status to lead, only to follow directions given.

All of that said, I understand you were upset by my response. This was not the intention, though I do not apologize for the outcome. I feel that I have answered each inquiry given to me. Be it by Venis here in public, or if approached privately.

If my campaign is but a joke, given I have tried to openly answer such questions. What would we call yours, where you still have not given a clear answer to what has been asked of you?
venis

Warlock GM Results

Post by venis »

Please join me, whatever way it is you do, in congratulating Maugath on a successful Guildmaster Campaign. The results of the election are now in and may be reviewed in the realm itself.

Maugath, please find some time to get together with me so that we may cordially pass along the mantle, web scrolls, and educate you on a handful of other technical things to most freely set you up for autonomy and begin your administration.
Ravon
GM of Warlocks

Post by Ravon »

Congratulations, Maugath.

Return to “Warlocks' Guild”