Joining The Guild

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
kelly
Guild: Thieves

Joining The Guild

Post by kelly »

Standing confidently before the thieves guild John Quail's eyes widen slightly when he sees someone coming down the street towards him.
It's an old lady. She is hunched over using a large stick to help her walk. As she shuffles towards him he sees her clothes though patched and worn are clean.She has a dyed veil draped over her grey hair. Puzzled at why she would be here he watched as she slowly approached the guild. She stops in front of him. One of her fists are closed . The other is holding the handle of a full bucket of water.

"How may I help you grandmother," he asks. He had almost called her old woman instead. She looks up at him and he flinches slightly. Her face is covered in wrinkles . She appeared to have several teeth missing and the ones left were an ugly yellow. Her large nose hooked downward almost to the top of her lip, hiding her fuzzy grey mustache. He thinks to himself ,"thank goodness there isn't a large wart on the end of her nose."

She asks,"this be the Guild House of Redistribution aye? "
He nods a yes to her. She cackles in an eerie high pitched laugh and says ,"then I wish to join this fine guild."
Frantically John Quail goes over every rule he knows about the guild but there isn't a single one saying anything about an age limitation. "Are you sure grandmother? " he asks. "Might you not have grown children you can live with and help them with grandchildren? "
Wheezing she nods and says, "oh yes. I am very sure I want to join. I may be a bit old but sometimes wisdom comes with age along with many life experiences I can share with young thieves."

John Quail thinks to himself , just a bit old? He gives a sigh and does his duty. "There is an item I require before you can join this guild," he states.

The old lady nods and holds out her clenched fist. He can see brown age spots and red rough knuckles through the holes in her ratty gloves. She opens her fist and there laying on her palm is a locket with a snake on it. "This be what your after?" she asks. With a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach John Quail nods and carefully takes the locket from her hand.

"Aye ,this is what is required from anyone hoping to join the guild. Why ,might I ask do you carry a bucket full of water? "
She cackles again . "I have heard tale there be campfires burning all about the guild. One should have a bucket of water close by don't you think in case an ember or spark escapes . Wouldn't want the guild to burn down would we?"

John Quail shakes his head. "In all my years ,and they are many,there has never been a fire in the guild caused by the campfires. Might be a scorched spot or two from some young thief trying thier hand at herblore but no major fires."

The old woman gives him a wink. "Well there can always be a first time . It has been my experience one should always try to be prepared for the unexpected."
Tucking the locket away John Quail booms in a loud voice . "Welcome to the Thieves!" He then pauses realizing he doesnt know her name. He glances towards her and she readily replies , "Kelly. Kelly be my name."

"Welcome to the Thieves Guild Kelly," he stated. "Joining gifts you with several skills already but please enter the guild where you might learn more." She tries to give him a curtsey but almost falls over on her face into the dirt. Only saving herself with her large stick. "Thank you Sir," she mumbles as she shuffles into the guild still carrying her bucket of water.

John Quail sighs to himself and will let Guildmaster Jaimie deal with it .

Still hunched over new Thief Kelly shuffles into the guild until she is out of John Quails sight. With a quiet laugh she straightened up rubbing her back . She sets the stick down to the side and her bucket of water. The water she intends to use to clean up with on the floor. She reties the veil she had covering her hair to keep it out of the way while she cleans up. Quickly she starts peeling and flaking off the paste mixture she had used to give herself the appearance of an old woman. The hooked nose broke off in bits and pieces. Unpacking a patch of material she dips it into the bucket of water and briskly starts scrubbing her teeth to get them clean. The missing ones were merely covered in black paste. The yellow ones from using the peeling from lemons . Finally her teeth were white once more. Dipping another patch in the water she washes off any left over bits of paste on her face. Next she scrubs her hands and wrists clean. She removes the veil covering the most of her hair. Only the parts visible outside the veil were gray. It was mostly chalk dust mixed with some soot. Easy to comb out of her hair. Running a wet tiny comb through her hair removed any left over gray she might of missed. Unpacking a hand mirror, she looked at herself to be sure nothing was left of her former disguise.

Satisfied, she quickly removed all the patched and worn clothing. Underneath she had a simple shirt and a pair of pants on. She emptied all her pockets from her old lady's clothes that held all her disguise items. Carefully she folded them and placed the clothes and the supplies inside a backpack she had found in the guild. After several attempts to hide and finally succeeding she picked up her backpack and the bucket and quietly stepped out past John Quail.

Happy with a large smile on her face, Kelly climbs the wall to the roof tops. Finding a secluded corner she left her pack and bucket there. Stretching and looking about she thinks, "let me go see what I might find in this fine town." Once again she attempts to hide and manages to do so with her first try this time. Standing on the edge of a roof she glanced down at the unsuspecting citizens. "Yes , I believe I am going to like it here," she says to herself with a very thief like smirk. She then climbs silently down the wall and slinks off into the shadows.
Kelly, Disguise Artist

jaimie lachlan
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Re: Joining The Guild

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Ahhh welcome luv! I think yer gonna make a grand member o' the Thieves.
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

velvet
Temple: Nature

Re: Joining The Guild

Post by velvet »

I would of loved to seen John Quails face. He handled it well i thought. Kelly we are going to have to get together and see if we can't use your unique talent in a profitable way.

Return to “Thieves' Guild”