Guild Charter

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
jaimie lachlan
Guild: Thieves
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Re: Guild Charter

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Thieves...here is the finished product I have come up with. Feel free please to add comments and adjust.

GM Election Procedures:
Elections will occur every 6 months (OOC time). If the GM leaves, then an emergency election will be started. Any GM that abuses their powers against policy (TOS) will be removed immediately with an investigation afterwards.

Nominations:
1. All nominations should be submitted/posted on the Thieves board. Any Thief in good standing may nominate themselves, as well as nominate another they feel is worthy of the position.
2. All Thieves will have this opportunity, on the Boards, to ask questions of the candidates in a respective and civil manner.
3. Nominations will be open for 2 weeks (OOC time). At the end of the 2 weeks, no more nominations will be accepted.
4. Must be registered
5. Must be able to complete a full term in office
6. All OGC policies (TOS) must be followed
7. You CANNOT be a GO (Guild Officer) in any other guild at the same time as this guild. This means that you should NOT run for a position as a GO in more than one guild.

Voting Period:
Thieves will have the right to elect a GM during a 2 week period (OOC time) following the above declaration procedures.
1. You must be a subscribed member of the Thieves' Guild
2. You must be at least 21 years old (game age)
Note: Voting will occur via the in-game Guildvote functionality
Guildvoting will consist of One Thief / One Vote per registered account

Guild Lieutenant (GL) Selections:
Having a GL is at the discretion of the current GM. And the GM can either "appoint" one or choose to have an election for those Thieves who wish to run and put forth their nominations.
The procedure for that is as follows:
Nominations:
1. Nominations and Self-nominations are to be submitted to the Thieves boards
2. Nominations will run for 2 weeks (OOC time)
3. All Thieves may take this time to ask questions of the nominees on the boards in a civil and respective manner.
4. Be a Thief in good standing
5. Be subscribed throughout the entire term.

Voting:
1. Must be a subscribed member of the Thieves' Guild to vote
2. Must be at least 21 years old (game age)
Note: Voting will occur via the in-game Guildvote functionality
Guildvoting will consist of One Thief / One Vote per registered account.

Guild Master - Vote of Confidence:
The GM will be required to pass a mandatory “Vote of Confidence” 90 days (OOC time) after being elected. An official announcement will be posted on the message boards notifying members when a two week voting period begins. Registered Thieves in good-standing will have the right to a single vote using the “Guildvote” function. If greater than 50% of the votes cast for “Yea” or "Affirmative" then the GM will retain his/her position. If not, then the GM will lose his/her position and the election process will start again in accordance with this Charter.
*Guild Member Vote of Confidence: At any time during a GM's term, Guild Members may post on the boards for a Vote of Confidence. With the exception however, A vote of confidence cannot be called 30 days(OOC) before or after an election (including VoC). However, it must take 4 concurrent Thieves to post in order to bring the VOC to a Guild Vote. And those concurrent Thieves must be registered and on seperate registered accounts. Using "alts" to force a VOC will not be allowed.

Guild Lieutenant Removal / Retention:
The GM retains the right to dismiss any GL from their position during said GM's term of office. However, if the GM deems it necessary he/she may hold a vote in which guild members may likewise decide. Further, If guild members have concerns about the performance of a GL then they may voice said issues with the GM. The GM is encouraged to discuss the performance of the GL with the guild members before removing one from office. There is no formal voting process with respect to GL removal. If a GL is removed by the GM, then the selection process outlined in this charter will resume, if another GL is needed to fill the vacated position.

============================================

Guild Probation: At the discretion of the GM, a guild member found to be in bad standing or in need of disciplinary action is subject to Guild Probation for a period of 2 weeks (OOC time), or longer at the discretion of the GM; but no longer than 60 days OOC.

Guild Member Removal: If Guild Probation does not recitify an issue with a guild member, said Thief is subject to being removed from the Guild at the discretion of the GM. The GM may or may not employ a Guildvote, using the in-game Guildvote function to ensure all Thieves have a say if/when another guild member is subject to removal.

Mentor Program: At the discretion of the GM, such a program may be implemented.
*Mentors are chosen per the discretion of Guild Leadership.
*Chosen mentors are those Thieves who show exemplary service to the Guild and who express an interest in helping/assisting newer members with training.
*Mentors will be known by an (M) before their Guild Title and receive a Mentor's Armbrace.

Guild Awards (Items): See viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1730

Titles: These can be kept or changed at the will of the current GM.

Patrons/Immortals: Heroes and Immortals may align themselves with guilds due to their own allegiances. They are free to come and go. Guilds are not required to "honour" patrons but neither can they remove them as they are free agents. Patrons can offer advice at the request of any member but are not involved in the running of the guild. Assistance may be rendered to Guild Leaders at their request and Patron's agreement.
Last edited by jaimie lachlan on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

Badon

Post by Badon »

Regarding the Vote of Confidence being triggered by Thieves - I don't think we need to post this on the boards (see clarification from Raislin: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=1601)
jaimie lachlan

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Ahh yes. I see that now. Thank you Badon.

Therefore, that part shall be amended to be set within the guild using the new "system"
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan

jaimie lachlan

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Hello Thieves.

Just a few days more. Then the final version will be sent in as set in stone. If any of you have any other concerns, voice them now. Or by tomorrow, I will be sending in our final version.
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan

Nefiris
Temple: Self-Worship

Post by Nefiris »

Thieves,

I wrote a fairly lengthy piece on this when the topic of change was first thrown out there. In lieu of boring everyone and myself, I deleted it like I do most things I write for the purpose of these boards. Now, that people seem to be talking about it, obviously, so I'll throw a vastly shorter version of my thoughts out here.

Topic 1 - Voting Restrictions Based on Account

I do not believe limiting one's ability to vote to one per account will make much difference, even with the added character slots, when we are allowed to have more than one account and election periods have been running during free-to-play times which allows unregistered accounts voting access. Limiting votes per IP, which seems highly unlikely, would be the better alternative. Maybe just stop free-to-play access to guild votes? As far as my memory serves, this was basically ignored when brought up before as it happened again after mention.

Topic 2 - Guild Master Position

When this was first raised, I read something on the Warlock's board that was similar to something that had been talked about in the past, switching to a council instead of having primarily one final voice. This is something that had been discussed during conversations on combining the more nimble guilds of the land.

Topic 3 - Guild Lieutenant Positions

I am not a fan of these at all given the track record of those in the position the last few years. I don't see why someone cannot simply step up and share their qualities of leadership with the guild as a regular member. This position is mostly just a tool for a guild to hold luck more often than relying on one person per guild to purchase it as well as to create regimes that play games with the balance and harmony of the guild.

Topic 4 - Guild Office Accountability / Votes of Confidence

This goes for GMs and GLs. As mentioned in some of your posts, the GM should be held accountable for their actions and votes of confidence should be able to be issued at any time given a sufficient number of Thieves are in agreement. This should go for GLs as well if members are unhappy with them. I also believe the GM should be able to freely remove GLs at their discretion at any time. I may or may not have complained about my removal, but I understood why I was pulled from my position when Jaimie took over, and I can't really blame him for it; we wouldn't have worked well together at all.

Topic 5 - Election Campaigns

Campaigning for elections has been an enjoyable experience for me. I would like to see campaigning continue if we ride the current GM/GL track.

Topic 6 - Patrons

Be done with them. They should have no say or influence in how we manage OUR guild.

- Nefiris

Return to “Thieves' Guild”