A Message for the Guildmaster

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
Nefiris
Guild: Thieves
Temple: Self-Worship

A Message for the Guildmaster

Post by Nefiris »

Jaimie,

It displeases me to see that you're all in for making a mockery of our fine guild.

Not only was I baffled by the Guild Motto of the Day, to which I quote, "To err is human, but to arr is PIRATE!", but I noticed the current Guild Vote topic. Now, this.. this earns the cake for ignorance.
Help in planning a Tri-Guild Mission against Goldcroft!

Choices:
(1) Steal all of Lord Crofty's underpants? (1)
(2) Help Crofty come out of the closet? (2)
(3) Nick the gilded saddle under his backside? (1)
(4) Flash-Mob in Croftytown! (1)
(5) Make a Suggestion! (0)
This is the type of thing that is truly unbefitting of even a decent leader. This is the kind of behavior, that if continues, I'd expect to see what you would call a "mutiny" take place. My hopes, that would result in defenestration to save all of the Thieves from further embarrassment.

You've reconfirmed, for me, that this guild would be better off leaderless than with you at the helm.
Wondering why she bothers,
- Nefiris -
velvet
Temple: Nature

Re: A Message for the Guildmaster

Post by velvet »

How does that saying go? You can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all the people all the time. what is wrong with the guild vote? i found it humorous and there is an choice to make suggestions . So why not make a suggestion?

I have done more and actually learnt more about our guild since Jaimie has become GM. He is approachable . He listens and if you ask he will give you "his" opinion. Different people have different approaches on ideals,plans,goals. Who is to say which is better or worse? you can have an opinion about it and discuss it . Working together you can accomplish most anything.

Yes we are a small guild but no smaller than many others in the lands. Our tithe is growing. Our guild treasury is growing. I believe in time things will only get better.

I am at a loss of what you are expecting to happen with the guild ? I feel we are still a great guild. We have wonderful members . We share and help each other . I look forward to even more fun and adventures in the future.

Vel
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Post by sliper »

Thieves,

This is quite disconcerting. How a guild that calls themselves the "Thieves" could operate without an ounce of tact or guile is absolutely baffling.

This affront will not go unanswered.

~S~
Sliper, Charter Member
Badon

Post by Badon »

I take it our contract with Croft is no more.

While in public I will applaud cutting ties with Goldcroft and will advocate growing closer to Devardec, within private and out of earshot of, Warlocks, for example, I shall give my true views.

Why unilaterally remove this beneficial arrangement?

Badon
Vespers

Post by Vespers »

I'm a bit curious about how the Warlock in question knows about it.

Is someone leaving the door open again? You know we get strays...
Badon

Post by Badon »

I was speaking about a purely hypothetical Warlock. Obviously no Warlock actually knows about this. How could they?

Badon
Nefiris
Temple: Self-Worship

Post by Nefiris »

Velvet,

Thank you for missing the underlying point of the post. I will refrain from being myself when making a public spectacle of policy violations regarding homophobic comments. One would think people here, especially in this guild, would be more aware of that sort of thing after the events concerning our lost brother, Phin.

If you would enlighten the Thieves and myself, indulge us with what you have learned about our guild in the short period of Jaimie's appointed term. I am truly interested, as probably are others, in what you have to share. This is a good chance to educate the rest of us who might not know what you have come to know.

Nefiris
velvet
Temple: Nature

Post by velvet »

you know what. Any one in the guild can ask me what i have learnt about it in person . Some things are not meant to discussed on such a public forum. So ask me when i am in the lands . Then run as fast as your vindictive little heart can to come and mock some more here. I grow weary of your nit picking , your accusations and totally uncalled for nasty posts . You just cant seem to stand that someone you "strongly" dislike might actually be doing good . I feel sorry for you . Oh i know you think you are totally justified . that it needs to be said. frankly from all your posts all i have seen is a jealous nasty single member of the guild trying their best to belittle someone they don't like publicly. thieves of hearts? i think i hurt myself laughing so hard at that . More like thief of bitterness and disillusion .

Getting tired of it all Velvet
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Greetings, Thieves.

In my time, I always valued the counsel of thieves who reigned in my ideas when they were too grandiose, those who let me know when my declined presence was compromising my duties and those who disagreed with me (yes, even Phin). The Lord Jaimie is an experienced pirate who knows how to navigate through the controversies of his position and opposition as finely as he does the Seas, so I won’t address the primary topic of conversation.

I am writing in support of Nefiris’ efforts to hold accountable our officers, because they will be needed. This is isn’t a slight against Jaimie as I earnestly hope for the best of outcomes from his continued commitment to the guild. Whether you agree with her tone, her beliefs or her ways of doing things, we must make room for those who disagree with us because this guild can’t be an echo chamber. If it were, we wouldn’t have accepted the Pirate’s entrance to the guild all those years ago when he received a frosty welcome.

It’s clear that Nefiris and Jaimie, both Guildmasters who have long histories of service to the guild have very differing perspectives on the guild, how to carry it forward, policy and thieving in general. The two voices couldn’t be more different, but they each have merit. In Nefiris’ time, she may have participated in bitter campaigns against other guilds, but throughout my term, the guildmasters of the realms repeatedly noted that her diplomatic work helped to resolve tensions and to build respect and heal old wounds on behalf of our people.

Since my resignation, I have watched quietly from the sidelines as conversations, controversies and changes were discussed on the boards. There were times that I felt I should step in but abstained, which may or may not have been the correct call. It’s right to disagree with one another and to air grievances, but I think it is unwise to disregard one another’s voices entirely or to shun them.

We live outside the confines of the the law, unfettered by the norms that restrict our would be peers outside these halls. We each bring something to the table here, and while heists were good when I was a guildmaster, and pirating may be what we need today, tomorrow a war may come and I can think of no finer thief to have by my side than Nefiris.

To our continued success,

Jericho, the Silver Tongued.
Sabine
Temple: Dreams

Post by Sabine »

While I agree with Jericho that everyone, whether we agree with them or not, is entitled to their opinion, the only thing that I find rather off-putting is the airing of grievances for all the land to see. If you are taking issue with the way the guild is being run, the wiser path might be to keep it within the confines of the guildhouse. Furthermore, the guildvote is a confidential matter and I take exception to it being posted for public consumption. Again, the airing of dirty laundry is uncouth and unbecoming, especially by someone who wants to call themselves a leader of this guild. Why not schedule a time to sit down with the current guild leadership and talk these things out? Some things are better said behind closed doors.

Warmest regards,
Sabine, the Sprite
Guild Assistant of the Thieves' Guild
Angelfish of the Household of the Sea
Seeker of Faith

Return to “Thieves' Guild”