A Message for the Guildmaster

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
Nefiris
Guild: Thieves
Temple: Self-Worship

Re: A Message for the Guildmaster

Post by Nefiris »

Velvet,

To match your opinion of me, I am back to spew words with a vengeance. I believe you vomited all over the point you were trying to create. I could explain my title to you, but I'm afraid all will be lost in the fog.

Sabine,

My post was a message to Jaimie. Sure, it is open to the public to see, but it is also our message board, a board where I can post things from messages to stories. It is up to you whether you think it is "public" or not. To me, I was merely writing a letter to our Guildmaster, the boards being the medium in which I did so.

Velvet,

In relation to my comments to Sabine, you sharing what you've learned about the guild on the boards does not mean you're sharing with everyone. You can choose your audience with written narrative. If you're afraid people will learn something they shouldn't, then perhaps you should stop doing anything ever since there is an actor behind every curtain, and that actor learns just as well, if not better, than the puppet. I've attempted to explain this very subject to you before, but you were not having any of it.

Sabine,

From now on, I will voice my concerns and grievances to the entire guild rather than a message to a single audience member. I want everyone in this organization to know how and what I feel in regard to our leadership. As always, they are entitled to their own thoughts and opinions.

Velvet,

Kidnapping, murder, and vulgar acts... how are these so much worse than discrimination and sexual perversions spun in a lighthearted way? At least what I was doing was private; known to me, not to all. Pulling a group into the mix..
Nefiris
jaimie lachlan
Guild: Thieves
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Re: A Message for the Guildmaster

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Thieves, and those who are perusing our board;

For the guild, as a whole, I recognize and value that each of us has our own personality and opinions. While these do not always mesh with each other, and our opinions do not always match each other, I am glad to say that we can all voice these openly and hopefully respectfully.

Also, I do not see the guild as "one mind-set." And the opinions voiced by its members seems to agree with that statement. And that pleases me. The extreme variance of each individual is what makes the guild strong, and in my opinion, thrive.

Now, I know there was an issue with the guild vote that was put up. I have removed it.

However, I feel the way it was aired wasn't in the best interest of the guild. Personally attacking an individual for not following a particular style of another's leadership is going to do nothing to improve guild relations, or to help us grow. I ask the same respect I give all of our members, also be shown to me. It is only right. And to understand that I act as an individual in my personality. And yes, my personality is "pirate based." This will, of course, come across in my leadership. Just as another's own individually different persona would for anyone else in the position of leadership. I do not feel it is fair, nor right, to be attacked for that. The same way that I do not publically attack any of you for doing it in "your" way.

Therefore, I would suggest if anyone is unhappy with the situation, or any situation be it present or future, to please contact me and Vespers so that we can set up a time for a meeting - be it individual or group based - and discuss these problems, so that we can come up with solutions. Personally attacking an individual because they act differently than you will not solve anything.

Thank you.
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

Return to “Thieves' Guild”