Guildmaster Elections - Nomination Period

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
Vespers

Guildmaster Elections - Nomination Period

Post by Vespers »

Election Procedure:
Elections will occur once a year with a re-certification period after 6 months. If the GM leaves, then an emergency election will be started. Any GM that abuses their powers against policy will be removed immediately with an investigation afterwards.

Nominations:
1. Self-Nominations should be submitted/posted on these boards
2. You must provide a plan of action for your potential term
3. You have from now, January 2nd until January 9th at 7PM eastern
4. You must be in the Thieves' Guild
5. You must be able to complete a full term in office
6. All OGC policies must be followed
7. You CANNOT be a GM in any other guild at the same time as this guild. This means that you should NOT run for a position as GM in more than one guild.

Voting:
1. You must be a subscribed member of the Thieves' Guild
2. You must be at least 21 years old
Note: Voting will occur via the in-game Guildvote functionality, and will begin once the nomination period has ended.

If you have any questions, please contact me in game, or at Vespers@legendsofterris.com
Vespers

Re: Guildmaster Elections - Nomination Period

Post by Vespers »

An update. I made the nomination period shorter than it should be! Sorry about the confusion. The proper announcement is below

Election Procedure:
Elections will occur once a year with a re-certification period after 6 months. If the GM leaves, then an emergency election will be started. Any GM that abuses their powers against policy will be removed immediately with an investigation afterwards.

Nominations:
1. Self-Nominations should be submitted/posted on these boards
2. You must provide a plan of action for your potential term
3. You have from now, January 2nd until January 16th at 7PM eastern
4. You must be in the Thieves' Guild
5. You must be able to complete a full term in office
6. All OGC policies must be followed
7. You CANNOT be a GM in any other guild at the same time as this guild. This means that you should NOT run for a position as GM in more than one guild.

Voting:
1. You must be a subscribed member of the Thieves' Guild
2. You must be at least 21 years old
Note: Voting will occur via the in-game Guildvote functionality, and will begin once the nomination period has ended.

If you have any questions, please contact me in game, or at Vespers@legendsofterris.com
jaimie lachlan
Guild: Thieves
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Ahoy Guild Mateys! Aaarrrrrr!

Seems it be tha' time again! An' as such I will once again tell ye about meself an' the future o' our thievin' family business! Yaar.

I am
Jaimie Lachlan , an' I am nominatin' meself for Guild Master o' the Thieves Guild (best guild in the realm!)
I am not new to the job being offered an' have served several times in the past. It would be me vera grand honor to do so again, an' serve ye all wit' the best o' me Piratey ability.

Now, me plan o' action for the guild will be as follows:

1 - Have fun an' more fun. Promote good RP and storylines. Everyone is welcome to propose new ideas and stories in which to roll with. I think a good thieving theme is always appropriate, and perhaps a good storyline in which we steal the Knight's Guild mascot donkey! Heee Haaaaaw! We can dress her up like Elwing.....nobody will know! Har har har har!

2 - Buy luck alot! An' kill it on the beasties! Huntin' is grand bu' doin' so wit' luck is even better! Yar

3 - Promote Thievin'! We need new youngin's! So a good bout o' recruitin' will be in full swing. Role playin' and promoting the Guild will be sure to bring in a new wave o' youngsters. Which on me last term we go' a few new ones! So I think I'd like to start the Mentor System once again. Those Thieves who accept the positions of Mentor would be given a special armbrace (or bruise, whichever looks mair Thiefy, har har) to denote their position, and it is then their duty to ensure all new thieves have a specific individual in which to seek knowledge an' help.

4 - I'd also like t'open up GO nominations as well. I think 'aving a second helps. An' ensures all thieves 'ave a voice and Luck when the GM is busy wit' the realm o' the Real (shudder - GASP).

5 - And foremost...as in the beginning...to have fun. We are the Thievin' Family...an' I'd like to get back to that once again. It's not all about levelin' and killin' beasties...though that is nice. Bu' it is good t'be a close guild an' get to know one another again. The planned "hunts and stories" are fun, but no' everyone has the time to be around at specific set dates. However, I think having Quests and such in which to earn Guild items and prestige is a grand idea!

So vote fer me....Piratey Jaimie Aaaarrrr! An' we will return to the Glory o' the Thieves as in the past! An' steal donkeys an' gold....har har har!

Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the Grimwave
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

Nefiris
Temple: Self-Worship

Post by Nefiris »

Dear Thieves,

This is not a missive of intent. Sadly, I am in no state to serve our guild in the position of Guildmaster.

Truthfully, I am here, vocally, to encourage others to come forward and offer themselves as nominees for Guildmaster of Thieves. All of you that I have had the pleasure to work with during this last term have something to offer if selected as the leader of this guild. I implore, each of you, to think about what an opportunity this can be for you and the experiences it will provide.

Let history not repeat itself, and grant us an option to breathe new life into these staling halls. Jericho stirred up a good deal of activity being a new face above the mantle of leadership. I am sure it would happen again if another were to emerge to do battle with and succeed against the stagnation that is rearing its head once again.

Fully aware, I know that I have not done as I said I would, eve not as I have wanted, during this last term of service as your Guild Lieutenant. And for this fact, I apologize. However, despite it, I hope you Thieves, young and not so young, heed this warning, answer this call, for if we continue down the road of ignorance and complacency, we will dwindle. We will become nothing of note; swept up in the sands like a certain sanctum, mostly forgotten.

Please, do not let this guild wither beneath false promise. Show the realm what you are capable of. Build OUR future.

Thank you, for your ears and eyes.
With Love,
-Nefiris-
jaimie lachlan
Temple: H/Priest of Nature

Post by jaimie lachlan »

Dear Nefiris.

I am sorry to see that you think another "term" of my service to this guild will result in ignorance and complacencey.

Do please, tell me how such things arise when I am Guild Master? And also, do tell as to how I would offer such a false promise and let history repeat itself? Your words of "warning" wound me.

I certainly never have in the past, nor ever will when serving our fine and lustrious Guild, given false promise. We have a noble history of Thieves who have served. And yes, some are LOUD and boisterous, are seen alot and post everyday on the boards. Yet, there are those who do not post things everyday, nor seem to think they must dictate how others spend their time in realm, yet it doesn't make them any less an effective leader.

I am sorry you feel my dedication to this guild needs to give such heeded warnings to it's members.

However, despite your lack of confidence in my talents, I do plan to continue my unwavering service to this guild and it's many members. It's not the quantity of our members that makes us great but it's caliber. And I for one am damn proud of the caliber of our members.

So let's:Stay Calm
and
Thief On! \O/

Huuuuuzzah!!
The Pirate King
Jaimie Lachlan
Captain of the first rate ship, "The Grimwave"
HIgh Priest of Nature, Duke of Thunder

Nefiris

Post by Nefiris »

Jaimie, dearest,

My words were meant to wound. Unfortunately, the way in which I had hoped them to do so has been lost on you. These things do not arise while you are Guildmaster, you're the embodiment of them.

You've used the same platform for self-nominations each time you've cast your wormy lure into the bid for leadership like a mad bard strumming the same string repeatedly, all the while thinking she/he is creating a masterpiece. Imagination and aspiration go a long way. If only you would pull your head from the dark, cramped space that it breathes in such stale air, you might do some good for this guild. Though you seem to prefer to remain as similar to that which enters your lungs.

Let's not forget to point out that one of your pitches was to reopen a position in guild office that was, and still is, occupied. Unless you are thinking to add yet another guild officer, which, in my opinion, would not be very beneficial given the activity among our memebers. Feel your pride, feel your worth, under a "win" that was earned through zero opposition. It isn't even only that. Your fifth plan to action is something that has existed. Quests are given to earn prestige and guild items. Perhaps, you just have not read anything that is on the boards that details this as we know that you do not care for the message boards, a valuable tool in keeping organization and keeping in touch with the members of this community.

I am sad to be a part of something that immediately turned into nautical nonsense from what should have continued to be titillating thieving. You are a pirate, and some others might follow suit, but the Thieves' Guild is not a band of pirates. We are not Shadows. We are Thieves. Why you would go through and change the guild's titles of progression to pirate themed jargon is beyond me. You are the pirate. Don't force that on the rest of us. That is what households are for. That is what your ship is for.

I await to see what a "return to the Glory of the Thieves as in the past" entails. Surely, it is nothing like the actual past of the Thieves, but rather a reliving of how I've heard your past terms of leadership have turned out, times that brought nothing of note.

So, yes, Jaimie, stay calm and thieve on. Show us a different version of you than that of what's been showcased before. Relieve me of the disdain and disgust that fills me knowing that you are who is to lead us for the next half a year.

Always your thorn,
-Nefiris-
velvet
Temple: Nature

Post by velvet »

I have been reading these boards and feel compelled to post my opinion.

Jericho was a fine GM but with too many outside duties which were pulling him in many directions. He is a dear friend of mine and i will miss him begin about. I wish he could of continued but he did what he thought was best for the guild and made his decision. I respect him for that.

That no one else ran for GM is not a reflection against Jaimie . We all could of ran if we had wanted to .Those that met the requirements. Myself . I didn't feel i had the experience to be a good GM. Quests are up the GM. there is no law saying how the quest is to be. Weather its find a simple item or make a gruesome kill . Remember your own words Nefiris , "WE ARE THE THIEVES " GUILD. If you use the command "help thieves guild" it will tell you our goal is to make gold. Not kidnapping, not torture just getting gold .

I feel jaimie brings a freshness to the guild. Not gloom and doom . Is there something wrong with in being steadfast to the rp you want to do? He doesnt force anyone to join in his rp. That is just his personal roleplay.
I didnt notice a pirately theme to the new guild titles but i admit i did not view them with that in mind. I thought the change was nice ,something different . Even though i still think i should of been a Baroness instead of a Baron . <g>

As for a guild position . I have always thought the NEW GM got to choose or have an election if need be for someone to fill the role of GL. They got to chose someone they thought would back them up when he wasnt around.Someone he could trust and discuss plans for the guild with.

Frankly with your attacks against him i dont see where you would put aside that anger or hate to do what is best for the guild.

In getting to know jaimie better i think the guild will again be more active and have more member participation .

a sword may cut a body but words can kill a soul. Velvet
Sabine
Temple: Dreams

Post by Sabine »

I completely agree with Velvet. I'm sorry you seem to take issue with our new GM, Nefiris. I would like nothing more than for all of us to get along and be one big happy family, but as far as I can tell, the majority of members who are active are pleased with the change in leadership. As far as a Guild Officer is concerned, as I understand it, the new GM is under no obligation to retain the Officers presently serving. They need people with whom they have a rapport in order for guild operations to run smoothly. Unfortunately, that rapport does not seem to exist between you and Jaimie.

That's really all I had to say. I anticipate being an active member of the guild going forward and hope to see many others do the same.
Sabine, the Sprite
Guild Assistant of the Thieves' Guild
Angelfish of the Household of the Sea
Seeker of Faith
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Post by sliper »

Careful, Thieves. You are beginning to encroach on our territory.
Sliper, Charter Member
Nefiris

Post by Nefiris »

Velvet,

I highly doubt the fact that no one else having run for Guildmaster eliminates what I have voiced about the man. You've stated before that you never wanted to put your name forward for the position because you feel you lack.

Yes, we are the Thieves' Guild. Are you going to limit what that means to something that was coded into the game twenty years ago? This is what I mean by stagnation. The world evolves, and the people along with it, or at least that is how it most likely should be. There is a degree of reality to this fantastical world. I, for one, don't want to live unchanged. Limiting ourselves to the procurement of gold, and gold alone, is an invitation for boredom and resentment. While we are on this subject of gold gathering, let me point out that there are many roads that lead to wealth. You mention torture and kidnapping like they have no path of their own in that end. Well, excuse me, for having the mind to know that I don't have to simply lift a pouch from someone, sneak into a building and bypass whatever to get some prize, or knock over a caravan on the side of the road and pilfer that which does not belong to us. I apologize, for using what has been given to me, an imagination and the right to earn how I see fit, the right to express myself in this trade I have learned and practiced all my life.

Quests are up to the Guildmaster. I agree. When has this changed? I don't remember it having done so. Quests have been decided upon by the Guildmaster appropriately for the reward sought. These quests have even been created so far as to incorporate the questees' personalities and backgrounds. What is the real complaint here, or is there even one?

No dictation of how we conduct our business? "Be sure to rid the rich of their fat purses at least once a day!" - Jaimie

As for Guild Officers, there are elections just like there are for Guildmaster. If there are no Guild Officers at the time of appointment of a new Guildmaster, then, yes, if they so choose, they can hold elections or appoint an officer upon approval of the Patrons. However, there already was an officer in position when he took over, and that person happens to be me. I am so very sorry, but as I remember, I was elected into the position; a reflection of what the majority thought was best, not just what was available.

And excuse me? I've always had the best interest of the guild in heart and mind. You, and others, may not agree with my methods or thoughts, but I've acted in ways that were to benefit us and to move us forward from what, I believe, has been holding us back from realizing our true potential.

As with every time I see Jaimie appointed, I look forward to witnessing the drop in activity and lack of participation. I will be watching.

I so do hope that my words are capable of extinguishing a soul.

Sabine,

My disgust with Jaimie is nothing new, nor his resentment of me. Jaimie, please, don't try to defend yourself here. As much as you hear of my thoughts of you from other people, I hear similarly how you think of me. The only difference between us and how we talk to others about one another is that I do not particularly care if you hear exactly what I say about you.

As for Guild Officers, again, to my understanding, it is not how you see it. Though, if you feel that I am unfit to act as an officer of this guild, please open a public forum in which to discuss your thoughts with the rest of the guild. I would like to see where that goes. I do apologize, for not being the type to agree and say 'yes' to everything. I have a brain, and I fully intend to use it for the betterment of this guild. Jaimie gives me zero reason to strike good rapport. He can definitely change my opinion of him, I am not committed to current beliefs forever.

Usually, when there is a change in office, it spurs people back into action for a while. I have not seen this since Jaimie's reappointment. I'm not sure if this says anything or not, but I sure think it does.

Thieves,

I hope you all decide to voice your opinions on the matter for all to hear.

The end of term is not the only time in which we are to speak our minds, share them throughout.
Yours forever and ever,
-Nefiris-

Return to “Thieves' Guild”