Guildmaster Elections - Nomination Period

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
velvet
Guild: Thieves
Temple: Nature

Re: Guildmaster Elections - Nomination Period

Post by velvet »

Simply shakes her head . You are so quick to point out others flaws ,flaws that are only flaws in your opinion. I cannot think of any wonderful outstanding things or even any average things you have done for the guild neferis . i dont remember members flocking to join the guild while you were gm. Enough though. I do not and never will agree with you . the respect I had for you once is gone. Rant , rave , carry on as you wish. I support jaimie and will always be there for my guild . I wil not reply to this post again.

velvet
Badon

Re: Guildmaster Elections - Nomination Period

Post by Badon »

I enjoyed the many years Nefiris was GM, it was exciting, controversial and above all memorable. Khataran's and the Tri-Guild Council, bargaining with Croft, stealing Oligar's carriage, upsetting the other guilds through luck purchasing, kicking Fonzie out of the outpost. If anything, I wish she had gone further - for some reason my idea of stealing the luck for in exchange gold never really caught on with her.

I appreciate not to everyone's tastes... but each to their own.

Looking at this objectively, Jaimie's inference that the guild needed returning to times of glory and a new GL was needed was disrespectful to both Jericho and Nefiris. In terms of her response, well, I would say it is more appropriate to let Jaimie's past record and his approach to this current term speak for itself.

No one else stepped forward to take on the burden - so even if you don't like, or rate him, he was the only one to put himself out there. If had the time and energy, I would have put my name into the ring. The fact is, I recognise I do not. I suspect this is the same for Nefiris.

Jaimie on the other hand has put his name forward and claimed the mantle of leadership. I don't see the need to blindly follow or support him because of the title. However, him stepping up while no one else would doesn't warrant attack.

If he doesn't perform, then by all means bring it to the attention of our order. If he does rise to the challenge, then all is well and will earn my respect and support.

For now, I suggest letting some time pass before settling on a firm view.

Duke Badon of Spirehold

Return to “Thieves' Guild”