The Mantle of Espionage, Knifework, and Sea

Messages for the Thieves' Guild
venis
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Dread

The Mantle of Espionage, Knifework, and Sea

Post by venis »

A dark shadow fades from existence, leaving in its wake a cordial missive bearing the depiction of a serpent coiled around a dagger and a small stack of gold coins which reads:

“To Our Friends, the Agents of Wealth Redistribution,

Regrettably, we must request the attendance of your officers among the council of the three Guilds.

That we “regret” calling upon you is not to assail your company as poor, of course. Merely, were it not for circumstances which necessitate your participation, you are of course aware that the Warlocks’ Guild is one most independent, one which leaves you to your devices and appreciates it when that is reciprocated by your organization. We look forward to the time when those days return and logic is restored to the world.

And yet, we find ourselves of present at war with a new type of foe, one which not only threatens the Realm of Tranos, but the Realm of Understanding and Knowledge. Apparently the foe’s objective is to destroy such maxims as “Knowledge is Power” and to undo the foundations upon which wisdom has traditionally been born; to this end, the foe seems to be succeeding. It is my understanding that the Realm of Devardec suffers the deepest of these wounds, whereby this foe has somehow made even the highest reaches of Devardecian ruling authority succumb to a belief that “Silk” is actually a “Baron”. And consequently, this has made sniveling fools of quite reputable people. That foe, of course, is Chaos, which hurricanes through the world unremittingly.

This adversary comes without true form, but nevertheless we cannot abide the threat it brings. Moreover, given the inclinations of people to clamor for power and purpose, there is the assured jeopardy of a helpless battle against unnatural and otherworldly acts.

However, we can certainly act by assuring that the ruling authority of Tranos and her people is as it ought be—us. And her courts shall be comprised again of Warlocks, Thieves, and Warriors. This is the only authority we recognize, as has been the law, a source of logic, for centuries. There is no “Baron” as should be recognized within this realm. There is the Tri-Guild Council within times of peril, which I say to you we are amid. And together, we can prevent the affliction of fools within the provinces of this hemisphere.

I could write at this point something to this end that begins with, “Were you not to… “, but I trust you will ultimately make the correct call. We ask you to return to your mantle as our eyes, the bastions of information and espionage, preservationists our waters, navy and trade routes, the keepers of Tranos’ secrets.

We ask you to join us in calling the Tri Guild council to order until this storm passes over.

Cordially,

V."

Return to “Thieves' Guild”