GM Nomination Period

Messages for the Rangers' Guild
Caerwyn
Temple: Light

GM Nomination Period

Post by Caerwyn »

Greeting Rangers,

The GM Nomination period is now open. Please read carefully.

Because this is an election due to a Confidence Vote, the GM term lasts until the next regular election in January, 2016.

Your post of intent to run must include your plans for the guild during your term and must be posted as a reply on this thread by: July 30, 2015 by 6pm Eastern Time

If you have any questions, please email Caerwyn (Caerwyn@legendsofterris.com)

== Eligibility
Any Ranger who wishes to run in any election, and meets all the eligibility requirements, will nominate themselves by posting their intent on the nomination thread. This post should be respectful. No campaigning is permitted in guild shouts.

1. You must be a member of the Rangers guild in good standing, and at least 25 years of age.
2. You must NOT share your account.
3. You must commit to putting in the time to fulfill your officer responsibilities as outlined by the charter under “Leadership” and any additional projects pertinent to the position. Failure to keep up with these duties for a period of one two months will result in a verbal warning from the GM. If the issues are not resolved then the GM and the divinities may dismiss you at their discretion (the same applies for the GM, but at a higher level). An exception to this is if you are going on vacation or having computer difficulties and inform the GM of the situation, but even then if you are unable to meet your duties for more than 3 months you will need to be replaced, though are welcome to run again.
4. You must be willing to work on any of the Guild programs and (for GL) to be switched amongst the programs as needed to meet the goals and needs of the Guild.
5. Ranger GLs may run for the office of GM without putting their own position up for election.

------
Make your self-nomination posts in reply to this
ripshaw

Re: GM Nomination Period

Post by ripshaw »

Hello folks, as you have read in previous posts I intend to run for GM. Our past leadership has done a great job, and I thank Makali for her hard work over the last couple of terms. For those of you who have played this game for awhile, you know that sometimes things need to be shaken up a bit. A changing of the guard in this case, I am hoping will serve to bring some excitement back into the Redwood. Here are my intentions for the post.

1. I do not intend to change anything about the structure, histories or dynamic of the guild in anyway. I feel that all areas are working fine other than the fact that our numbers and participation are low at this time.
2. I am an old soul within the game, with many years of experience. I intend to use my knowledge to get people involved. Old school games like scavenger hunts, exploration games, hunting challenges and drinking competitions.
3. I am an avid role player within the realms. I intend to create and write some new and exciting stories that we can all get involved in and become part of the guilds as well as the worlds history. Writing your story is a lot more important than hunting, and I would like to bring this aspect back to our guild as a regular activity rather than just a special occasion.
4. Every GM starts their term with the intention of running a great mentoring program. As of now, that is difficult. Not for lack of knowledge to teach, but we do not have a big enough population to institute any large promises. I am hoping that with the top 3 reasons on my list, that I can draw some new players and get people involved. If this happens, our mentoring program can be given a more thorough examination.

I know all in all I am not promising anything that no other GM in history has said before me, but as I said.. Its not always the leadership that is lacking. Sometimes a new face and a changing of the guard is needed to reinvest people in our way of life. I will do all I can to try and accomplish this. Vote for me when the time is right. If anyone has questions, you can reach me in game on a regular basis. Stay involved, and have fun. Thanks for reading.

>>--Rip-->
Ranger Damius
Guild: Rangers

Post by Ranger Damius »

Hiya Rangers,

Although I have been gone for a few years, it is great to see we are still one of the greatest guilds in the land. I have been a ranger for over two hundred years and held the position of GM in the past. I believe I would be an excellent person for the job once again if you would allow it.
I would promise to keep the guild and our ideals the same. We were always a Neutral guild and until our home is threatened directly I believe that is the best way to be.
We should reserve judgement til all the facts roll in,be calculating and strike hard and fast when the time is right. Without doubt Makali or Ripshaw would make excellent Guildmasters so this election will be one of no losses. What I would offer and what I would like to see most is our unity as a guild to return in full force. Guild Hunts,games,hands on mentoring and story time. The leaf program restored to its former glory so one always has a goal that can be set and achieved through hard work all the while being rewarded for said work you put in. I humbly ask for your vote and assure you all that you won't be disappointed.

Damius
Makali
Guild: Rangers
Temple: Dreams

Post by Makali »

I have been asked by a few people if I was going to run for GM again. The answer is no. I do believe after the many years since taking over as GM there is time for a new face. I had hoped during our last elections that someone would step up but alas no one did. I am so glad that there are two individuals that are able to come forward to help the Redwood it's time of need.
Sweet Ranger Makali, High Priestess of Faith
Ambassador of Guardians of Devardec
Guild Officer of the Ranger's Guild

Return to “Rangers' Guild”