A call to action

Messages for the Rangers' Guild
ripshaw

A call to action

Post by ripshaw »

Tired and stretched thin, Ripshaw casts his spell of guild recall. Upon arriving in the guild, he gives himself a moment to gather his senses. Looking around he notices the emptiness of the Redwood and sighs. Searching his locker he comes away with some parchment and ink. After a long search, he finds his feathered pen that he hadnt used in Deori knows how long. Sitting at the table in one of the guild offices, he sits back and gives some thought to what he was planning. Arrangement of thoughts, who to contact and angles to be taken were always the easiest of most plans. Who to trust to carry them out was indeed the most trying of obstacles. Although he hadnt been amoungst the Rangers for some time, he knew he could trust them for what he needed. He also knew there were not many more suited. Pulling the stopper on his new ink bottle, he dips his quill and sets to work.

Rangers of the Redwood,
There are times in all lives where we question the validity or character of those we stand with. What we think today, can easily be changed by influences or words and lead us to a different decision tomorrow. When first I heard of the attack on Tranos, I immediately was up in arms. I vowed to help, and promised my abilities to those who were directly involved. At the time, I too what we knew and made a decision that I thought was right. Since that night, the events have unfolded in ways I did not anticipate, and therefore was unable to go along with in good conscience. A warrior leader was chosen. At the time all who were present thought that to have a leader who centered on war would be the best thing for the effort. What did not occur to them was that warmongers only know.. or want war. Immediately defenses of the city were set, and the zirites as usual cast aside the thoughts and wishes of all the other leaders want for diplomacy. They took it upon themselves to attack the Khatarans, and by extension ending peace talks before they started. Being who I am I could not help but question any leader who mindlessly follows and god, deity or anything in fact.. other than thier own hearts. I believe that the zirites and warriors will defend the city of tranos to thier last breaths. I do not however think that the people there were of any concern to them at all. I confronted Marcin with these thoughts, and for awhile I thought that I would have to show him that he is not the only elite in the lands.
What is the sense of saving a city, if all that lived there are killed in the process? I made my concerns abundantly clear to him, and in the process I could see that he had no answers to my questions outside of.. Thats what zir told me to do. Radiance, Heimdall and myself continued with our questions until Ryzalia realized that we wouldnt be turned away. We reached a decision, and that saw me leading efforts to evacuate the city of Tranos of all innocents. I know that it sounds like an impossible effort, but I assure you that it is both just, and the right thing to do. I have plans in motion already that will help us in the effort, but I cannot do these things on my own. I ask for your help. I need every man and woman of the guild who is willing to help me in this obstacle. I will need help making safe the dirmloth forest, and securing areas we can set up pavillions and tents. I need help also with scouting targets that the offensive war effort need information on. I call out to you all, who are the premier scouters and trackers. We the pathfinders and people who tread first where others follow. I need your help, and accept any and all given. Seek me out and I shall give you your orders.

Thanks to all,
>>-Rip->
Makali
Guild: Rangers
Temple: Dreams

Re: A call to action

Post by Makali »

Thank you for coming and helping right away. I am in discussion on how the rangers can help. Both Marcin and Nefiris are involved in the conversation. We want to make sure we use the guild the best we can. Individuals can help but with this discussion we want to help as best as we can. My conversation with Nefiris will be up soon to share with everyone.

I am so proud that you are helping, giving yourself in this. Helping when is needed. It is a noble act. I want to make sure our role is defined and where our services are best used. Again, I'm speaking to the guild leaders in the area to make sure where we are best needed in these war efforts.
Sweet Ranger Makali, High Priestess of Faith
Ambassador of Guardians of Devardec
Guild Officer of the Ranger's Guild
Makali
Guild: Rangers
Temple: Dreams

Re: A call to action

Post by Makali »

There is another post that Marcin asked for help, though I only replied to the parchment a few days passed. It took a while to come to suitable agreement so we can help.
Sweet Ranger Makali, High Priestess of Faith
Ambassador of Guardians of Devardec
Guild Officer of the Ranger's Guild

Return to “Rangers' Guild”