Red Tornado

Messages for the Monks' Guild
karvin
Guild: Monks

Red Tornado

Post by karvin »

Karvin curls up in the meditation garden, his large bulk resting on the ground, his lage wings tucked in behind him. Some of his scales seem to be patchy and missing, clearly he is resting from a recent battle. A young monk approaches him with a small wooden bowl full of healing salve. As the monk applies the herbs to the large Dragonkin, he asks "Tell me of the journey that left you like this."

Karvin's chest rises and falls as he breathes deeply and nods his head.

"I was travelling through the caves beneath Devardec, exploring the large system. You see, down there there are wheels that must be turned to lower bridges and allow you to cross deep ravines to other parts of the caves. I had just crossed such a bridge when a swarm of the undead attacked me. These posed little threat to my travel as I swiped at them with my claws and tossed them to the side with swings of my tail. The masters would be proud, I did not even lose myself in the moment. I continued through the system, passing up a travelling barbarian, when I began to hear the screeches of dragons in the caves. Two small red dragons swooped into the cavern breathing fire and spreading their wings to swoop into attack. I quickly turned my rings activating their protections against the elements as I spread my own wings. It was with a few placed bites and scratches that they fell to the ground, their wings destroyed by my attacks.

I landed on the ground with the intention to rest, when a Giant Red Dragon swooped into the cavern. This creature was massive, easily twice my own size, perhaps even three times. We wrestled, the red of both of our scales turning as we fought. For every strike or two that I landed, it managed to bite and scratch in return. I constantly cast spells of healing on myself between my attacks. For hours we did this, the cavern walls were painting red from flecks of our blood, for we each had open wounds and as we spun and advanced and retreated from each other, the blood flew from our bodies onto the walls. The creature landed a particularly vicious bite, bringing me to the edge of consciousness, my spiritual energies were low however, not even through meditation I feared would I be able to go on, however, I pulled a draught of the gods from my pack, and quickly drank its contents. My rage was beginning to emerge, I could feel the darkness closing in around my vision, I slowed my breathing, focused my attention and cast another spell of healing. Vitality rushed through my body and I ducked under it's wing as it struck at me. I quickly turned in the air, beating my wings to stop my momentum and struck a blow against its side. We latched onto each other and began to spin around the air, losing altitude. With a mighty loud crash we landed, the beast below me, I opened my mouth and bit it's neck, issuing the finishing blow.

I had done it, I had conquered my most difficult and longest battle yet with my bare claws and my own energies. I had nearly perished, but survived, I had nearly given into the beast within, but kept it at bay. I had returned the Giant Red Dragon. So I returned here to heal and meditate once more. I am proud for this was a difficult step along the path for me, but I did it proudly.
fearecia

Re: Red Tornado

Post by fearecia »

It was a while later when the young monk that had tended to Karvin finally found Fearecia in her office, pouring over paperwork she'd fallen behind on. "Yes?" she asked as he entered, taking off her glasses to focus more fully on the monk.

"I came to report that Karvin has returned from hunting the Giant Red Dragon."

"Oh? How is he?"

"Battered, but he'll heal. He says the battle was rather prolonged, and he struggled with maintaining his focus, but was successful in the end. You're probably best hearing the full story from him."

The ebon kin chuckled and nodded. "Thank you for the report. I'll go down in a bit and see to it that he gets the weapon of his choice for completing the task."

The young monk nodded and gave a brief bow, much to Fear's annoyance, before letting himself out of the office. The dragonkin took a minute to pull out a scroll before making a few notes on it. She smiled as she looked at the progress Karvin was making.

Return to “Monks' Guild”