I'll Do it My Way

Messages for the Monks' Guild
karvin
Guild: Monks

I'll Do it My Way

Post by karvin »

It was some years ago when I first chose the Monk's guild as the best place to find myself. I've often walked in solitude, but I'm learning that I need others to find my Way.

You see, when I was young I have no memories, they are all just lost in what can only be called bloodlust. My primal urges to eat and kill were all I had. I would "come to" as it were with no memories and no clues to what I had been doing for the past several hours except the corpses and bits of bones that were left of whatever I had hunted. It was my desire to fight these primal dragon like urges that lead me to the monks. It was through meditation and focus that I learned to quell these urges, and through years of more focus that I learned to let bits of it out when I fought. This has been my path, my balance, my way. To find a way to harness my natural gifts and turn myself into a monk, one who can fight with claws and tail without going over the edge. I believe though, that the next part of my path must bring me to being around more people, not not be afraid to be around others. I have learned that the beast within must not always take over, and I can be around others without fear of it coming out and bringing me to the edge of destruction.

This, my...friends, is my way, this is my path, this is my journey.
fearecia

Re: I'll Do it My Way

Post by fearecia »

Fearecia smiled a bit, reading over the note left on the boards. Too well she remembered her own struggles when younger, of controlling the more primal instincts that tended to run rampant in their blood. Goodness knew she still struggled at times; that was the way of being a predator. Grabbing a nearby quill, she scrawled a quick reply.

Karvin,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Know that you are not alone in working to control the call of the wild within you, and should you ever need help, your Brothers and Sisters are all here to help you.

We're very happy to have you amongst us.

-Fearecia

Return to “Monks' Guild”