Stepping into the Guild

Messages for the Monks' Guild
Rhaegos
Guild: Monks

Stepping into the Guild

Post by Rhaegos »

It was a cool day in Devardec, the sun was at it's peak and The Guild was quiet.

Previously the esteemed Guild Master had recommended that I take the Brothers test. But I hadn't felt that I was ready. Today, today I feel guided by The Way, and I feel ready.

"Fearecia, I am ready for the Brothers' test" I shout. She promptly swoops in smiling.

After some conversation I set out in search of the Camelia Gardens she has asked me to find. I know that once these Gardens used to be in Devardec, but that time has long since past. She did let me know that I'll need to take a boat to reach the Gardens. I really don't like boats.

As The Way guides my feet, I find myself on several different boats along the Eastern Sea Board. Devardec's Flagship, the Harbor of Goldcroft. <chuckles> Apparently the Sailors in Goldcroft do not like it when you board one of their vessels without a ticket. That was quite a scuffle. Sailors are tougher than I thought. Pack a mean right hook as well.

I head to Devardec for I know there is a Ship Captain there as well, I end up setting sail and rowing towards an island, sea water spraying in my face. I really don't like boats.

Alas, that was a fruitless endeavor, I ended up on an island in which I could not get very far. The way was beyond my means to find.

The Way provides though, guiding my wings to the rivers in hopes that perhaps I can find a boat there. Another fruitless venture.

Today I make my way to Tranos, which I dislike almost as much as I dislike boats. I know there are Pirates along the docks in Tranos, so I'll have to keep my wits about me. But perhaps this time my patience will be rewarded and The Way will provide, as it always does.
Rhaegos -
Brother of The Monks Guild,
Follower of The Way
Seeker of Balance and Harmony
Guild Officer
Rhaegos

Re: Stepping into the Guild

Post by Rhaegos »

Having explored Tranos without success I decided to forgo the search for a boat and venture out into the open seas by my own power, to see what I could find. Flying over the waters is much more preferable to boats.

The Way provides, in it's own special way.

I ended up on an Island. Just not the Island I think I was supposed to find. Finding this Island was still quite fruitful and it was enjoyable to explore. The Island had several people I was able to assist and new experiences to enjoy. But alas, after searching for a while, I did not find the Gardens I was looking for. So I headed back to Devardec.

Along the way, I expressed my concerns within the Guild that perhaps I was not ready to under take this task as I had yet to find what I was looking for. Much to my surprise and humbling delight our Guild Patron expressed her support and belief in my abilities.

I will rest well this evening, and continue my search again on the morrow. I will find these Gardens.
Rhaegos -
Follower of The Way
Guild Officer
Rhaegos

Post by Rhaegos »

To be humbled.

I awoke early, did my morning training in the Dojo and then continued my search for this Garden. If I'm being candid, I had come to the conclusion that it was not the intention of The Way for me to become a Brother. I would be okay with that. There are different Paths for each person. Unique, unexplored.

Brother Oiklop, ever the pursuer of enlightenment, asks me how my search is going? "Bad" I tell him. Very bad indeed. I explain to Brother Oiklop where I've been, where I've looked. I've become more familiar with the ships in Norland that I ever wished to. I hate boats.

Brother Oiklop asks if he can accompany me on my search, mentioning 4 eyes being better than 2. I welcome the company. The road can be lonely, and fill one with doubt.

Brother Oiklop was busy discussing things with the Captain of the Guard so I met him there and we started off.

The Way provides, one needs only pay attention and be observant.

Both of which I was not. It's disheartening.

I thank Brother Oiklop for his company and guidance on paying more attention to my surroundings. It's a humbling lesson. I sit down and fold my wings in around me, as Brother Oiklop walks away I begin to meditate as the next task ahead of me will require a clear mind.
Rhaegos -
Follower of The Way
Guild Officer
Rhaegos

Post by Rhaegos »

"You can come home now"

Those words ring out through the Guild Halls, my first test into becoming a Brother is coming to a close. I've figured out some of the secretes to this odd and strange garden. Perhaps I'll visit again one day, I've come to appreciate being there.

Now, onto my next task. What trials will this hold for me? The Way provides as it always does and I look forward to the adventure.
Rhaegos -
Follower of The Way
Guild Officer

Return to “Monks' Guild”