Arteta's History

Messages for the Knights' Guild
Arteta
Guild: Knights

Arteta's History

Post by Arteta »

Greetings Knights,

My name is Arteta. I am a new recruit to the Knights Guild.

I hail from River Run, the son of a fishmonger. My father was a devout to the faiths of Jupiter, Levitican and Stil, though he never lived during any of their reigns. He imparted lessons of Justice to me as I spent my days assisting him and my nights being educated. “Virtues like Justice need no Gods to oversee them so long as mortals are brave enough to see them live in the lands,” he once told me. As I learned the lore and history of the world, I became at once fascinated and repulsed. My father spoke of a world where the strength of virtuous have withered as the corrupt have risen, where thieves and murderers flaunt their professions, where shadow casts its wretched influence.

I also learned of the many Guilds and their beliefs. The Knights Guild was of particular interest to me, as it appears to be the only guild in the land that stands for what is right. While other guilds hide behind a banner of moral relativity, The Knights Guild stands for protecting the realms and its citizens from the Evils that plague it. In particular, the words of Lork stood out most to me- “honor and duty above all.” When one sheds themselves of their personal ego and becomes the embodiment of their virtues: this is how one truly becomes alive and impacts their world. I decided that upon my 18th birthday, I would travel to Devardec and seek to join the Knights.

And here I stand today, looking to bring Justice and Peace to a world of corruption and chaos.

I look forward to serving the Knights Guild.

~~Arteta~~

Return to “Knights' Guild”