A Ghost in the Chapel

Messages for the Knights' Guild
fearecia

A Ghost in the Chapel

Post by fearecia »

A novice walks over to the boards, pinning up a letter for all to read. The writing is a bit on the large side, indentations in the paper marking where claws carefully rested.

Knights,

I had the opportunity to speak some with the spirit that wanders your chapel from time to time. I was hoping perhaps you might be able to search your records so that we might find more information out about this spirit. Forthwith, I will refer to the spirit in the masculine sense, but please bear in mind that I did not have the chance to confirm the gender of the spirit in question.

His plight seems to be something of a sad one. When not resting and recovering in the chapel, he is fighting the demon hordes in the underworld. He says that he always fights alone, and seems to be unable to do anything but return to the battle, time and again, much as he would rather remain in a place of peace. To me, this suggests a curse that is forcing him to return to this battle, again and again. If we wish to aid him in returning to rest and peace, I believe the place to start would be to try to find his identity, and why he would be cursed so.

In that respect, I tried to uncover any information possible. He recalls the building and opening of the chapel, which gives us a potential timeline. He recalls battles against Orcs, the infernal Elves, and in particular, the Dark Elves. My presumption would be that these memories represent major invasions, else why would they be important? He recalls the Queen of the Dark Elves (assumption: Takara) more than Oligar, though he did state that Oligar's name seemed familiar.

He listed his comrades as "an elven Blademaster, a halfling, a Knight, two warriors and a Sailor." The Blademaster was probably a Zirite, unless there is a special Blademaster title amongst your guild? I will be speaking to Jaimie to see if anything can be uncovered in regards to a Sailor. He also did not recall any particular temple, which could mean he never closely followed an immortal.

Sadly, this is the limit of the information I was able to obtain before he was called back to his battle. Please, any who might have information, search your records and put forth ideas. If we can find who this Ghost of a Knight is, perhaps we can find why he returns to this battle time and again. Once we know all of that, perhaps we can find a way to bring him back to rest for good.

Sincerely,

Fearecia.

Return to “Knights' Guild”