GM Election - January 2017

Messages for the Knights' Guild
Caerwyn
Temple: Light

GM Election - January 2017

Post by Caerwyn »

Greetings Knights,

With the confidence vote against the current GM, nominations will be accepted until February 1 @ 8pm Eastern.

The GM term lasts 12 months, with a confidence vote at the 6-month mark.

-To nominate yourself, you must answer the following via pigeon and send it to BOTH Caerwyn@Legendsofterris.com and guildops@aol.com. You may also make a post on the boards (in reply to this one) explaining your intent to run and your plans and goals should you be elected Guild Master.

Character Name:
Character Age:
Guild Level:
What are your plans and goals for the Guild should you be elected Guild Master? (Not requiring code or engine changes. These need to be goals to spur activity, etc.)

Eligibility
- Must remain active for the duration of their term. (this means active and not idling AFK.)
-Because the Guild Master must be fully dedicated to the guild, the following has been decided: You may not (ooc) take up a Guild Master position within any other guild while in service to the Knights' Guild.
-Must be at least 25 years old (ic).

Please refer to the Knights' Code and Charter for explanation and expectations of the role.
Dambuhala
Guild: Knights

Re: GM Election - January 2017

Post by Dambuhala »

Nobody else has decided to step up into this role.

I then will make myself open to its requirements.

I have stated before i would like to run for GM. For a moment i questioned that until I spent my time of reflection
pondering what it is to be a Knight.

So, I am making public notice of my desire to run for GM. Given that no others have posted, I will step up to the task.

What would be my goals?

1. Do develop and put in place a mentor/training program, with reward, that actually motivates players to play and work on thier Knight characters.
2. To make use of, IN RP and In Game times the many Knight outposts that we have.
3. To make it a point to include the guild in all landwide RP events and story lines that are currently running.
4. To make the knights once again a household name when it comes to involvement within the realm.
5. To once again bring the Knights not only to a status of greatness but bring us to offer the honor and attributes we represent to the realm.

I stated my intent to run.

If others run, best of luck to you.

If another wins, I will support you.

If no others run, well the guild has spoken we need another GM and I am willing to answer that call.
Dambuhala - An Ogre

Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

Please bear in mind that the rules of nomination state this:

-To nominate yourself, you must answer the following via pigeon and send it to BOTH Caerwyn@Legendsofterris.com and guildops@aol.com. You may also make a post on the boards (in reply to this one) explaining your intent to run and your plans and goals should you be elected Guild Master.
alcestis

Post by alcestis »

I'll do it.
sliper
Guild: Warlocks
Temple: Fate

Post by sliper »

Hmm I don't see that it says one must be a Knight anywhere. Good luck in your campaign, Alcestis.
Sliper, Charter Member
alcestis

Post by alcestis »

I'll even be a Knight again.
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Guild: Knights

Post by Kollin Byrne »

Greetings Knights,

For those who don’t know me my name is Kollin Byrne. I have been a Knight for over 2 centuries, and served as GL for several of those years. I returned from retirement roughly 10 years ago and have spent that time learning about what has changed in the realms, as well as relearning what I had forgotten.

Since my return, Chaos has broken loose all over the lands in several ways, and I fear we’ve only seen the beginning of it. No place is safe from what it seems. We must be prepared. We should stand together and fortify our positions throughout the realm, not only in Devardec and our outposts in Stonekeep, Goldcroft and Silverock, but also wherever our aid is needed.

We must be vigilant, ready to defend those that cannot defend themselves. We must repel those who would do harm to our lands, and when the forces behind everything are revealed, we will be prepared to drive them back from whence they came.

Now, there aren’t as many of us around these days, but there are some older members about, as well as some new.

To the squires out there: If you feel like you have lost your way on the road to knighthood, or find yourself without guidance please speak to me. I will do what I can to help you get back on the correct path so this may be rectified.

To the veterans: Your experience is needed in these troubled times, both on the battlefield, and in guiding the new members through example and counsel so that they may take their place among us as Knights.

In closing, I leave you with something my father used to tell me, something I try to live my life by:
“Do all that you can, whenever you can, no matter the task.” I plan to do that for the guild, and for all the lands. Whether I do this as your GM or as just a brother in arms is up to you.

-Kollin Byrne
Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

Greetings Knights!

Despite the postings above, only one nomination was submitted properly, as outlined in the election announcement post.

I hereby announce that the Knight GM is Sir Kollin Byrne. May he lead with strength, honor and wisdom!

Return to “Knights' Guild”