An unpleasant but neccesary subject.

Messages for the Knights' Guild
OgreDambuhala
Guild: Knights

An unpleasant but neccesary subject.

Post by OgreDambuhala »

I must say first, that it is with distaste that I even have to mention or bring this topic up to the Guild and my brothers and sisters. We at no point should have to.

However, I feel it is much due, if not over due that somebody bring it to our attention.

This is a call to a vote of confidence for leadership of our guild.

I have been active in the realm for many months now and my time is not going to lesson any time soon. That being said, I have not once see our GM and even in her stead, we have no GO's to even substitute.

We have had new members, new trainees, but the guild can offer them nothing as we have no leadership and no possibility for us to start, continue, or finish any path in our training. I for one, have been waiting for over an OOC year to simply be Knighted, a well overdue event. I have unfortunately, but willingly out of honor and duty taken some younger Knights into my care, all of whom left due to the non-existence of any guild leadership or patronage.

It is not for us to just forget our needs, our lineage, our purpose, and our story. Yet, it seems that is so from what I see.

I have not even seen a post from our GM since July, and have only seen her in the realm once for about 10 minutes, after and only after a few Knights, including myself, were talking about how we never see a GM and need one.

This should be unacceptable to any Knight and any heavenly forces that over watch this guild. As our charter states as a matter of fact, the way we have been left by our leadership, regardless as planned, purposeful, accidental, or even uncontrollably, is even against our charter and the requirements for leadership.

Simply, we should have a GM who can be here as per requirements and perform the duties as required. If a GM cannot fulfill these things, then the position should be vacated, either by a wilful resignation or by removal.

Now, what is left for us to do to overcome this dilemma? What we, as Knights, are allowed to do and call a vote of no confidence upon our current leadership and call for vote for new leadership.

This task also means that those willing need to mark or state their intention, desire, and ability to perform such duties and be the GM. That being said:

I Dambuhala, state my desire and intention to lead our guild. I feel that I am far capable to fulfill the positions requirements and am willing and wanting to hold such a prestigious position and support and lead our wonderful guild. Therefore, I hope that many will support me in seconding my self-nomination and I look forward to wishing well, and if chosen over me, fully supporting and dedicating myself in service to any leader chosen over me.

This is my statement of intent and my call for us to vote. We have waited far to long for this to take place.

Any that would like to nominate themselves as well I welcome you to do so on this string.

This is our guild. It is an honorable guild. Let us not let it rott.
Dambuhala - An Ogre
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Temple: Light

Re: An unpleasant but neccesary subject.

Post by Kollin Byrne »

Kollin reads the notice and frowns slightly with a nod.

He thinks about the current state of the realms. The chaos storms. The return of Baron Silk. The attacks against Stonekeep, Devardec, the Enchanters, the Warriors, the Temple of Fate.

“No tha time ta be fragmented...an no tha time ta be without leadership...”

He stands in thought for a few moments and takes a deep breath.

“Do all tha ya can, whenever ya can.”

He writes a quick reply and fastens it to the board.
------------------
Should the decision be made for new leadership, I am willing to take on the responsibility.

-Kollin Byrne
-------------------
Canaveral

Post by Canaveral »

Knights!

When Lady Jennjenn stepped down, I did my best to serve you. I swore to serve as a caretaker.

At the time, our ranks were thin. I tried to grow our ranks, but I failed.

When my time was up, I stepped aside and welcomed new leadership.

I will not step up again.

But I will warn you, those that have come before you, including myself, have made similar promises. They appear in the realms, after time absent, and swear that they will be around and will lead the guild forward.

I do not question anyone's intentions; I know my fellow Knights, your intentions are all pure.

But look deep inside yourselves, many have sworn they had the necessary resolve, only to fade into obscurity after achieving power.

That is not the way of the Knights.
Heimdall Heorthrk

Post by Heimdall Heorthrk »

Dearest Knights,

Do not despair! To Dambuhala? I write that I am sorry you have waited for so long to be knighted and feel slighted by the unintended neglect. I have walked these lands for over three centuries. During that time I have seen the lands busy and quiet. I spent one hundred of those years as a Monk, never progressing through the ranks though that was not the fault of anyone but myself. The other two hundred years? I have been a Knight, occupying all positions in existence. If you think yourself a knight, and behave as a knight and follow the rules of knighthood, then you ARE. While I do value ceremony and tradition, they are not as important as how you see yourself and live the way that brings you happiness and purpose.

That said, Canaveral is right. I think we are all to blame for times of promise and then subsequent absence. It is a common affliction known to Norland and should be forgiven for it does none of us any good to harbor resentment or to possess the desire for drama. I will say this. I have always seen leaders as those that don't need to declare their intention. Perhaps this is an old notion that is no longer applicable to these times. I find much more personal contentment doing what I can do without dreaming of what could be, without jockeying for positions of authority.

That said, I respect everyone who stepped forward in this thread and voiced their concerns and desires. There is absolutely nothing wrong than wanting to see the Guild prosper. I will, as always, support anyone who takes the position and leads the Guild. Likewise, I will step forth if called, though never again will I ask to be leader or claim myself worthy. Such seem to be the aspirations of younger souls.
Knights' Cleric
Heimdall Heorthrk
Spirit of Light

Return to “Knights' Guild”