Knights GM NOT Voted for and Vote of Confidence

Messages for the Knights' Guild
Kiniget Org
Guild: Knights

Knights GM NOT Voted for and Vote of Confidence

Post by Kiniget Org »

Greets fellow Kinigets.

It is apparent the kiniget elections went on and once again there was no new nominations to go against Sir Kollin.

This election apparently was only open for a short period of time, and Sir Kollin very quickly ended it naming himself again our GM.

I apparently have been a few days short of noticing said elections and was not even aware of it until two days too late.

Therefore,

I do Implore and ask Sir Kollin to give me the chance to run against him, and have a fair vote to decide our new GM. If he wishes to do so, then we can have a very cordial format here where we each both state what we wish to do for the guild, how we can make it better, how we can involve more people, what we plan to do such as events and ect, as well as how we both can make the guild better this year compared to how it was the last..... Mees forget how many years he has been GM.

If you agree to this Sir Kollin, then wees can have a good, respectable election process. In my opinion, nobody voting, is no reason for a past leader to keep claiming they are a leader. That is called dictatorship. So, lets let this move to a vote.

If you do not wish to agree or go forth with this idea Sir Kollin, Then I am forst at my most earliest and most allowable time to do a Vote of NO confidence in your leadership, and force a vote to happen.

The Kinigets Mees have spoken to all want this. They are tired of a GM that has really done.....nothing...and want a GM that will actually dedicate their time to this. so...

We can either vote now, or we can vote again at the earliest time i have to have a vote to remove you.

The choice is your. As Mees see it, right now, there are more kinigets that do not want you as GM, and the only one claiming victory for you is yourself.

Mees wait to hears from yous.
Kiniget Org

Re: Knights GM NOT Voted for and Vote of Confidence

Post by Kiniget Org »

All those that support this, also add your words to this thread.
Kikiobi

Post by Kikiobi »

I, too, did not see the election notifications. I feel there were plenty of opportunity to have been placed on guildvotes or gnotices, or even in gshouts… I have been around the most out of anybody in the lands as of late and was not aware. That in itself is of concern as it demonstrates poor communication from the leadership. Message boards are insufficient way of communicating (message boards are very stale, more so than the game state).

I have nothing against Sir Kollin, but I feel no one was given a fair chance to nominate themselves, and I believe it would be a good time to have an election and hear from any candidate that would be willing to take on the task of restoring the guild to its old glory days while moving ahead with the times.

Greglorious, formerly Swordsboy
fearecia

Post by fearecia »

I will just point out a few things here, as a fellow GM.

The vast majority of guilds held either nominations or a VoC in the months of June and July. The ONLY guild that actually had to run a full election was the Brotherhood. EVERYONE ELSE ran unopposed, or had unanimous support from their guilds in their VoCs.

Kollin ran nominations for 2 weeks, as is required. He did his due diligence there, as did the rest of us.

The idea of the message boards being an insufficient form of communication is blatantly preposterous. STAFF use the MESSAGE BOARDS to communicate with players. It is the primary mode of disseminating information in a localized area to make sure everyone has access to it, whether they log in or not. If you failed to check the message boards, it's your own problem. There are options to subscribe to specific boards to get email notifications of messages posted there if you don't want to simply make a habit of checking the boards daily.

Re-running an election because some people whine about missing an opportunity to nominate themselves sets a very dangerous precedent. Doing so would imply that anyone could demand an election, or nomination period, to be redone at any time. The result? Chaos. You'd have zero consistency in leadership, and with how slow things can move around here, that kind of flip-flopping could cause major issues. Nevermind that running elections takes time away from your GM to do other things that are more beneficial to the guild. If you missed the nomination period, tough. Refer to your voting charter for your options.
Kollin Byrne
GM of Knights
Temple: Light

Post by Kollin Byrne »

The nomination period was up for 2 ooc weeks, and a post was made setting the time frame on the boards.

There was a message on gnotices reading "GM Nominations are open, see boards for details" (on line 17) for that same two weeks. That is a more than sufficient time with more than sufficient notice.

I am glad to hear you are interested in being active in the guild. I look forward to talking, and working on the future of the guild with you all.

In terms of a VOC, the earliest one can take place is 30 days after an election.
Hopefully in that time I can convince you that I have the best interest of the Knights’ in mind.

Thanks all,

-Kollin
Kikiobi

Post by Kikiobi »

Fearecia, this does not concern you. Please go back to your guild, and take your snooty attitude with you.

Greglorious

Return to “Knights' Guild”