Four Cornerstones

Messages for the Druids' Guild
Sagittaria
Guild: Druids

Four Cornerstones

Post by Sagittaria »

The Four Cornerstones are the foundation of the Druid's path.

Responsibility:
We as Druids have a great responsibility to all things in this land. We seek to be one with all living and none living things. We must see things without influences of our own feelings and opinions. We do nothing without thinking about effect. We do this, as we must, to keep balance. It takes a life time of commitment requiring willingness and desire to study all that can guide us on this path. This was given to us by Deori and will not ever be taken lightly.
The reponsibility of a Druid is great and never taken lightly.

Respect:
Respect to me is what we must give to all living and none living things. This is a must for we are all created by Deori and someday to return to Deori. We are One. Not to show and give respect to someone or something, is to not show and give respect to Deori and yourself.
All must be respected to keep the balance.

Knowledge:
Knowledge is what we have learned. We must actively, always seek to learn. It is through our knowledge we make decisions on how and when to serve. We learn the land, its creatures, the strengths and weakness of both and ourselves. One can never know everything. There will always be more to learn.
A Druid actively seeks to learn so we can keep the balance.

Service:
Service is a gift and a burden a Druid has been given by Deori. We welcome both and try our best to provide service when it is needed to keep balance in the land. It is all the land we serve. We learn patience and respect for everything so we can serve.
A Druid Serves the Balance first and above all else.

This is my understanding of the Four Cornerstones

Without patience all is lost
It takes great patience with oneself to gain knowledge, show respect, and provide service.
Patience is what keeps us from making quick decisions without thinking first the affect our actions will have. Patience is sitting still, waiting, watching, listening and feeling. Then we learn and know what action should be taken. I will practice patience so I can fulfill my responsibility given to me by Deori.
Patience must be practiced to keep the balance.

Sagittaria

Return to “Druids' Guild”