Alyce Kiltspar
Heroine of Healing
Guild: Druids
Temple: Healing

Entrance Process Information

Post by Alyce Kiltspar »

Greetings,

Entrance Process

The following is the information a Druid MUST know before requesting an interview with a GO:

Founding of the Druid’s Guild:
The following account was told by Dagda, the Immortal of Nature and Peace and founder of the Druids Guild

Dagda growls 'Once upon a time'
Dagda growls 'Before there was a Druids Guild'
Dagda growls 'Before any spells'
Dagda growls 'Back when i was mortal'
Dagda growls 'I wondered the land as a Wizard'
Dagda growls 'And one day'
Dagda growls 'As i was passing through the forest'
Dagda growls 'Who knew the ways of peace, and of the creatures?'
Dagda growls 'I decided that i wanted to know these things, for they called to me as i had'
Dagda growls 'Never been terribly happy about killing or being killed'
Dagda growls 'So i gave up all killing, and all harm, and started to search for this race'
Dagda growls 'I explored the whole of Norland, every room, every nook, every cranny'
Dagda growls 'And didn’t find a thing'
Dagda growls 'So i looked again'
Dagda growls 'And a second time having explored the whole of the sea, and the whole of the land nothing'
Dagda growls 'And after the third time, staggering and gasping pursued by creatures all'
Dagda growls 'I collapsed from exaution here'
Dagda growls 'When Deori appeared to me'
Dagda growls 'Dagda, Deori said'
Dagda growls ‘I’ve been watching your search with interest'
Dagda growls 'If you can find the wise old druid he said i will help you create the druids guild your heart yearns for'
Dagda growls 'To bring the ways of the ancient race here'
Dagda growls 'The ways of peace'
Dagda growls 'So, renewed and revitalized i set out once more'
Dagda growls 'A fourth, a fifth and even a 6th time is each the ever growing and expanding land'
Dagda growls 'And once more ended up here, fell asleep '
Dagda growls 'And here, in this circle of flowers i realized who the wise old druid is'
Dagda growls 'And at that moment Deori appeared to me'
Dagda growls 'And we started our work together to creature the druids'
Dagda smiles.
Dagda growls 'And having realized who he was i found him'
Dagda growls 'Without looking any further or moving form this place'
Dagda growls 'The end'

Druid’s Guild Charter:

The Guild of Druids is a guild that respects all things that are part of the spirit of the Creator, Deori. Druids revere life, death, creation, destruction, nature, adventurers, and all things between and beyond. The Charter or Ethos of Druids is centered around four major Cornerstones that are the foundation of the Druid's path, though it must be realized that our abilities, skills, and lives as we walk with the land are not contained to only these Cornerstones. Our potential as a guild and as Druids is limitless, for so is true Balance. One should only seek to join the Druids Guild if they are ready to commit to what is outlined here in this Charter.

1. Responsibility
Outside of Heroes and Immortals, Druids carry much of the land's responsibility on their shoulders. This is because Druids seek to become one with all things. This cannot be achieved easily and takes years of dedication, practice, and commitment. Druids must learn to take all things in stride and look at the land with an objective eye, for we realize, unlike many other mortals, the necessity of a diverse, multifaceted natural world, and see the far-reaching and sometimes unpredictable consequences of every action. The responsibility of a Druid is such that the balance of all things must not be disrupted.

2. Service
Druids serve the realm. It is very plain and simple. We were put on this realm to serve. But with that comes the idea that in order to serve we cannot abuse what we are given. Druids must be careful in all actions we take. Druids cannot use their gifts to serve themselves. This is not a guild of selfish acts, but a guild in which things are freely given to help better the land. With service comes the following The duty of serving the realm is ruled by one principle: Seek to cause no harm.

3. Respect
To become one with all things, Druids must respect all things, and understand the natural order of the realm. The nature of the realm is not compassionate. It can be nurturing to a certain extent, but at the end of the day if you lack the physical or the mental strength to survive, you will perish and be left behind. That is how Creation is managed, and it is the Balance in action. We respect all things because each of us has a distinct purpose and a path to travel in life. There is a need in the realm for death, a need for those who choose to kill. A need for Dread, whose Incarnate brought Time to this realm. It is not for us to try to change the nature of others or to dictate what is right or wrong. The only central principle Druids must grasp is: We respect all things.

4. Knowledge
Druids are constantly learning. One thing that Druids spend a lot of time learning is about the realm itself. We consider ourselves to be master explorers of the realm, for the realm itself is our life, what we live for. We spend our mortal lives serving the realm and must know its inner-most workings inside out and backwards, i.e. the land's inhabitants, landscapes, deities, and every other subject one could possibly imagine. Another thing that Druids focus on is ourselves. Without knowing ourselves, we cannot attempt to help the lands and serve the Balance and the realm. We are a very reflective people, and take our steps using caution. Dedication to studying such a diverse realm is one of the top priorities for a Druid. Without being armed with knowledge, Druids have no hope to serve the realms.

With that said, please just remember to use your gifts and abilities wisely.

Druid Policies
Deori has blessed the Druids with many gifts. Abusing these gifts by using them for selfish reasons, be it to advance yourself by the attainment of experience or by your status socially in the realm, will result in the termination of you as a member of the Guild. Using our Druidic gifts excessively is considered harmful to the realm, and therefore certain policies are in place for the specific purpose of keeping our guild balanced.

Resurrections may NOT be given to anyone who died while hunting for Personal Gain, (experience). Anyone who died by naturally encountering monsters while questing or adventuring may be given a resurrection.
You may only bless two pieces of a person's armor. If they already have two pieces blessed, you may not bless any more. Two pieces, per person, period.
The Staff of the Woodlands may not be used on anyone but yourself.
The Druid Totem may not be used to teleport back and forth to quests
Hunting Parties are defined as such: There must be at least two huntersin the group and you may not heal them until they have cleared a room and are taking a "break" in battle. You may not follow around someone who is hunting so that you may gain experience. Many of us often group up with hunters who are our friends, merely to have company while they hunt, but to gain experience while doing so is explicitly against the rules.
It is highly unethical to ask anyone to get an item for you if they have to kill a creature to attain it. Should you need an item that cannot be attained without the slaughter of a creature, ask a GO, GM, or Patron how you may acquire said item.

Hearthome's Ten Pillars

Our responsibility is great, our way is hard. - Thane

1) I have always followed the path of Peace. All things are sacred to me; life, death, creatures, people, plants and trees. I do not kill. I never ask others to kill for me.

2) I respect all creatures of Nature and do not go with hunters into their lairs. I rarely heal or rezz there. I harm nothing and no one, carefully considering the effects of my actions.

3) The totem is a sacred gift from Deori that should be used in serving the Balance. I try hard not to use it for personal gain. I do not scry others or track them without permission.

4) Sanctuary is a gift of Peace given by Lord Deori for our care of the land. I would never cast Sanctuary on another person, nor would I use Sanctuary to help another quest or kill.

5) Gifts from Deori are used to serve and keep the lands Balanced. I do not request gold for rezzing, do not charge for blessing, and never sell rings of Sanctuary, Bless, or Resurrection.

6) I do not summon souls nor raise dead without permission. I would never rezz without questioning first. I always consider the Balance carefully before granting a rezz.

7) Knowledge of quests, herbalism, and arcana are gifts to those who study dilligently. I do not share these things lightly. Druid secrets acquired in this guild should stay here.

8) I do not open the troll lair every time I am asked. I consider the Balance... size of the party, their reasonable chance of survival. Guild leaders will always help with this.

9) The Druid's Guild is a family, and families help each other. I would ask every druid to take questions to mentors and officers first, to heros and immortals as a last resort.

10) Druids treat all with respect and kindness. I would not lecture others on their choice of occupation. I judge only my own actions and the Balance. I truly love this land.

Druids both present and gone from this realm have been encouraged over the many years to create their own. This document serves as a testament to the code of ethics each Druid chooses to live by.

Interview Process
If you are tired of hunting creatures to gain in stature. If you want to see parts of the land, you would otherwise not be able to see. If you seek a challenge beyond your imagination, the Druid’s guild might be what you are looking for. We are a pacifistic group, devoted to bringing and preserving balance in the lands. Wondering how you can become a member of one of the most unique guilds in the lands? Here is how:

You must have learned three (3) sessions of Antidote, Heal, and Shards.
You must not have killed a creature to begin the process of becoming a Druid
You can seek out the Guild Master/Mistress (Currently Alyce), Guild Officer (Currently Senlena), or the Patron. (Currently Dagda) where you will have an informal question and answer session where the GM/GO/Patron will answer any questions you may have about the guild. They will also give you an informational packet (This document). They will also encourage you to go back and read the forums regarding what is to be expected during your journey with the Druid’s Guild. At any time after the informational session, you may request a formal interview with the GM/GO/Patron. At this point they will ask you various questions to test you on what you have learned. At the end of the interview one of two things will happen. One: You will be given what is called a “Rose Ceremony” where you will be taken to where you can harvest a Simple Rose. The item required to enter the guild. OR Two: You will be asked to go back and review the information. We will also be very happy to set you up with someone who can teach you certain aspects if you are in need of more personal training session. You may also be given a single task to complete, depending on how well the interview goes. The GM/GO/Patron will then offer you some assistance with training, and spells. They will also offer you some gold, as well as showing you around the guild. The druid can then go through the Mentor Program, which can be found in a post on the Druid’s Guild Forums.

Druid’s Guild Mentor Program
Once a druid has passed the interview process they can walk through the mentor program. The mentor program is as follows:

Druid Initiate:
The GM or GO will give the initiate 10,000 gold pieces for training.
The mentor will also show the initiate where to buy the Druid Totem.
The mentor will show the initiate where all of the skill and spell shops are located and explain the prerequisites to learn sanctuary.
The Druid Initiate will be shown the circle of stones, but will be asked not to complete any quest within at this time.
The Druid Initiate will be asked to write a history on the Druid’s Guild Forums.

*Once all five steps are completed the Initiate will be promoted to Druid

Druid
The Mentor will ask the Druid to spend one (1) day meditating on each stone within the Circle of Stones.
The Druid will be asked to keep a journal of their time in the stones and to post that journal on the Druid’s Guild forums once they have completed the circle.
The Druid will be given a Seed of Seeking.
The mentor will explain the process of the Seed Quest.
Once the Druid has completed all three parts of the seed quest and shows the mentor the final mount the Druid will receive reward .
The mentor will then explain how the stones work, and provide insight on how to complete the wheel of the year.
The Druid has completed the Blessed Wheel Of the Year when he or she has shown it to the mentor.
The Mentor will sit with the druid and ask them to devote their time to a specific stone within the circle.
They will provide a detailed report on what their chosen path is, why they chose their path, and it’s place within the balance. It will be a well thought out reflection and posted on the forums.
The Druid will then be given a task to find a place relative to their experience and to their chosen area of study. When they have found the location they will be promoted

*Once all five steps are completed, the Druid will be promoted to Druid(less) of (Chose Path) Pending GM and or Patron Approval. In this case the prefix would be Druid(ess) of Winter.

Druid of <Chosen Path>
Druid of <Chosen Path> will spend 6 IC months reflecting upon their path by finding the stone that best represents their path within the Circle of Stones, and meditating on that stone.
The Druid will keep a journal of all they have reflected upon in 1 week entries.
When they have posted their reflections on the boards they will receive a Seed of Understanding.
When the druid has completed the quest to the final mount and shows the mentor they will be given a reward.

*Once these two tasks have been completed the druid will be promoted to Elder Druid(ess) of <Chosen Path> Pending GM and or Patron Approval. In this case the prefix would be Elder Druid(ess) of Winter.

Elder Druid of <Chosen Path>
Elder Druid of <Chosen Path> will be given their final seed. Seed of Knowing.
When the druid has completed the quest to the final mount and shows it to a GO/GM/Patron they will be given a reward.
The Elder Druid of <Chosen Path> will be interviewed by a GM/GO/Patron on their knowledge of the Guild, The land, and Their Path

Once the interview has been completed and they pass they will be able to do the following in order:
The Elder Druid of <Chosen Path> will work with the GM/GO/Patron and learn how to mentor new members of the guild.
The Elder Druid of <Chosen Path> will work with the GM/GO/Patron and learn how to do interviews.
The Elder Druid of <Chosen Path> will then interview a potential member, with a GM/GO/Patron watching over the process. This will continue until the GM and Patron feels the Elder is ready to interview on their own.

Once the GM and Patron Approve:

The Elder Druid of <Chosen Path> will then be able to interview new candidates on their own however all new initiates must be approved by a GM/GO/Patron before they are allowed within the guild. Only the GM/GO/Patron can perform the rose ceremony.

Druid's Guild Web Scrolls (Out of Date, but some of the history is still valid and helpful on your journey) http://thedruidsguild.webs.com/
Naria's Grace, Alyce Kiltspar, Heroine of Healing
Warden of House & Village Dominium
Proprietor of:
Granite Inn, Shadow's Cross Tavern & Inn and Ebb and Tide Tavern

Return to “Druids' Guild”