Guildmaster Election Announcement (June 3, 2019)

Messages for the Order of the Toa-Sung Brotherhood (formerly Brotherhood Guild)
Alkesh
Guild: Brotherhood

Guildmaster Election Announcement (June 3, 2019)

Post by Alkesh »

Greetings and good tidings.

As per our charter, the nomination period for guildmaster elections have now begun. If you wish to put forth your name for the running, please do so here. If none choose to step forward, I, Alkesh, shall retain the post.

The nomination period will run for 2 OOC weeks. Please note the procedure and requirements from our charter (date amended) :

1. Self-Nominations should be submitted/posted on the boards as a reply to the Election Announcement
2. You must provide a plan of action for your potential term. This cannot include changes to content (items, rooms, etc.) Describe in detail what you plan to accomplish during your tenure as GM. Be realistic, as this will be your roadmap for the coming year. If you wish time to further develop ideas, explain that in the letter, but give a generalized thought on the matter.
3. You have from now (June 3rd) until June 17th at 6PM Eastern Time
4. You must be in the Brotherhood Guild
5. You must be able to complete a full term in office
6. All OGC policies must be followed
7. You CANNOT be a GM in any other guild at the same time as this guild. This means that you CANNOT run for a position as GM in more than one guild. One GM account per OOC player.

Example Self Nomination Post:
It is my intent to run for the position of Guildmaster. I have been a member of this guild in good standing for quite some time and can honestly say that I believe that a change is needed. (State your reason for running, but do not be rude to others as this will not be tolerated)
A Brother

Re: Guildmaster Election Announcement (June 3, 2019)

Post by A Brother »

It is my goal to run for the office of Brotherhood GM. A few things I planned/plan for the guild. A tournament of brothers and sisters that I originally planned at length but due to a lack of a GM was unable to get any form of approval to move forward.

Removing the cloud of obscurity that leads to much false information about our ways and our guild. This would be done in a few ways, but most importantly working to expose the strengths of our guild despite the overwhelming belief that we are somehow “underpowered” or “underserved as a guild”

More lore. There is some lore regarding our creation and intermittent events but fleshing out the circumstances and time between our creation and now is important.

Creating a more accessible system and process for guild incentives. Because we do not rely on the trappings of the weak, does not mean members should feel as if their struggles are not met with similar benefits as some other guilds.

Understanding for new members. Returning to the guild as an aged but experienced monk was not an easy task, though an appreciated one. However without the guidance of elder brothers and sisters, and/or a system to pass down this information most of the guild remains locked to the majority of members, especially new. With the obscurity and randomness of secrets in the realm a new brother could potentially never find his way to many of our secrets, or understand the progression and how it differs from other guilds. An initiative to create a seamless ascendancy for brothers and sisters would be my initial and largest goal.

Something else I’d like to do is create a more public face for the guild, once again showing the realm the strength and tenacity that our sacrifice brings.

This is hardly all the work and progress I think the brotherhood deserves, but certainly would be my initial and primary goals.

Prexus
Alkesh

Post by Alkesh »

If kept on as GM, I will continue to institute programs aimed at increased activity. Our numbers are down, that is no secret, and that is the main problem we face at this time. Increased numbers to our active membership will solve many woes, including the false thoughts that we are a "dead" or "weakened" guild. It is my hope that more "things to do" and the offer of useful rewards will bring new members into the fold while also enticing some of our old members to return. The current Trials are evergreen and well-representative of our drive and our climb and our internal struggles, but most older members have already completed them. I am looking to create new and dynamic systems of growth (the old systems will, of course, remain available).

In particular, I have already devised a tiered system through which members can earn gold and item rewards through a combination of in-game activity, knowledge of the lands and RP. It is ready; I will implement this system promptly if kept on as GM, and members will be able to begin earning rewards immediately at that time. The ranking system itself is designed to be a side-endeavor that any member may undertake (i.e. "ranks" are not intended to reflect a member's status in the guild as a whole, but only within this particular trial path).

It is true that we do not rely on external forces, but I think you will find that some of the less common rewards available to us are indeed quite powerful. Much research of the lands (and collaboration with others more worldly than I) has gone into devising the ladder of this system, so to speak, and my hope is that you will find the process to earn these rewards fun and enriching to your knowledge of Terris, and a strong opportunity for core Brotherhood RP.

Furthermore, if kept on as GM I will continue my studies of our past histories and include what I learn in future systems/events. We are of the Brotherhood and thus we struggle, yes, but from an OOC standpoint...this is a game where we come to have fun, and I am fully aware of the fact that not all program offerings will resonate with every person. I believe that every member should have the opportunity to explore our lore through their own playing and/or RP opportunities, earn rewards and, above all, have fun doing it. My goal is to eventually have multiple unique pathways for growth and earnings available to all members...something for everyone.

Thank you for your consideration.

Poor Alkesh
Alkesh

Post by Alkesh »

The self nomination period is now closed, and the election has begun as of 9am Eastern on Tuesday, June 18, 2019.

The hopefuls are Alkesh and Prexus. I ask that all members of the Brotherhood come forward to vote on this matter using the in-game guildvote, as it is an important choice for the future of our guild.

Please note that on the guildvote, it states that the election ends at 9:00am Eastern on July 2. That is an error, and I unfortunately cannot change it now that it has been started. However, per the charter I will leave the guildvote open until 11:59pm Eastern on July 2.

Per our charter, the voting rules are as follows:
1. You must be a subscribed member of the Brotherhood Guild
2. You must be at least 25 years old (IC)
3. Voting style will be 1 member 1 vote.
Note: Voting will occur via the in-game Guildvote functionality
Alkesh

Post by Alkesh »

Greetings and good tidings.

The election vote has thus closed and the final tallies may now be viewed. Per the tallies, I, Alkesh, shall retain the post of Brotherhood Guildmaster.

I thank you for placing your confidence in me and will surely put forth my best efforts. Dig deep.

The last guild question is now closed for voting.
The results are displayed below.

Who shall be the Brotherhood GM?
(Voting will end Tuesday, July 2 at 9am Eastern)

Choices:
(1) Alkesh (3)
(2) Prexus (1)

Return to “Order of the Toa-Sung Brotherhood”