GM Election January 2017

Messages for the Order of the Toa-Sung Brotherhood (formerly Brotherhood Guild)
Kilogoth
Guild: Brotherhood
Temple: Immortal of Death

GM Election January 2017

Post by Kilogoth »

I apologize for the delay, but I had other worldly surgery that kept me from posting.

Election Procedure:
Elections will occur once a year with a re-certification period after 6 months. If the GM leaves, then an emergency election will be started. Any GM that abuses their powers against policy will be removed immediately with an investigation afterwards. The GM will receive a free game account complimentary of OGC. You must maintain an active level of participation. If you are absent from your post for more than 28 days without notifying the Patron you will automatically be removed from office and new elections will begin. This is a default setting in the game and cannot be overridden. It is also a part of your agreement when becoming GM.

Nominations:
1. Self-Nominations should be posted as a reply on this topic
2. You must provide a plan of action for your potential term
3. You have from Today, January 9th until January 23rd at 11:59pm eastern
4. You must be in the Brotherhood Guild
5. You must be able to complete a full term in office - 1 year
6. All OGC policies must be followed
7. You CANNOT be a GM in any other guild at the same time as this guild. This means that you should NOT run for a position as GM in more than one guild.

Voting:
1. You must be a subscribed member of the Brotherhood Guild
2. You must be at least 21 years old in the lands
3. Voting will begin on January 24th and run til February 6th at 6PM eastern.
Note: Voting will occur via the in-game Guildvote functionality
Grief
Temple: Death

Grief's Spiel

Post by Grief »

Brotherhood,

I am Grief, but there’s no real reason you should know my name. That’s somewhat by design, I guess. I don’t aim to make a huge impression, self-gratify, or covet material things. I am mostly just content to reap humbly and serve causes far greater than myself.

I do have some grace and am driven, the vexations of lingering family ghosts, I must admit. But I am not famous, nor a Brother of tremendous deeds, nor one of transcendent enlightenment. And so, when it comes to a legendary leader or name you can admire, I am unworthy to put my name forward, this I know.

Truth be told, I am even still somewhat bewildered by the teachings of the Kai’Tung. Indeed, I can read and write though, I’m a literate Gnome. So, I’ve sought the old scrolls. I study them. I do this with a mind toward philosophy and adoption of principles which yield wisdom and inspired debate as fruit. But scrolls can only teach so much; that is, I have missed so many of those enriching experiences that make our Guild what it is. And so, when it comes to wisdom, lore, even our own more intimate history, I am unworthy to put my name forward, this I know.

I am not worthy of this role, and hope someone greater than I shall step forth and take this honor. I am not in this person's way, I will even vote for them.

However, if you absolutely had to suffer a term of “Guildmaster Grief”, well, I do have some plans.

As far as station, acknowledgment and policy go, I care. For our preservation. That we remain and mean something. I care that we’re thought of as a “dead Guild” by some, when ours was the one that spawned many of the ideas the others want to brag about. I care that people have forgotten about how fascinating a hardened, learned, slightly enigmatic, and focused Brotherhood monk can be. I care that when the other Tranos Guildleaders decide to call a conference we’re without representation, voice, or somehow are ignored. I care that we have not been able to afford an interested youth education in and of our hallowed halls and ethos. I care that we can’t even pull the sway of luck’s tide every once in awhile.

I know I could fix all of that.

As far as programs and participation options go, I care. I care that we have lost sight of some old programs that used to mean a lot. The trials of suffering and humility, for example. I could fix that. I even vow I would be the first to endure them. In doing so I imagine I would even be able to share what sort of reward I had found at the end (i.e., revisit the policy of these trials and what benefits they give people who succeed). I care that there’s an issue with knowing exactly what sort of rewarding atmosphere (e.g., items and award schemes) the Brotherhood can be for those that suffer the true path to enlightenment. And I think I can fix that too.

As far as officers go, well, I know I would be honored if Jerai would stay around in his present capacity to teach me what he knows and help make me better suited for the role. If he did not wish to do so, I guess we could revisit that in the otherworldly month of February should we need someone.

I suppose I am saying I will suffer the burden of Guildmaster, if no one else better suited would like to step up. I will work for you if given the chance. I will learn and grow from and with you.

Suffer well,

Grief
Kilogoth
Temple: Immortal of Death

Re: GM Election January 2017

Post by Kilogoth »

This nomination period has ended.

Return to “Order of the Toa-Sung Brotherhood”