Leviskegg

Messages for the Barbarians' Guild
Tashmaal
Guild: Barbarians

Leviskegg

Post by Tashmaal »

Moons have waxed and waned, and once more Tashmaal has called forth an assembly of Barbarians. The sharpest eyes and most resilient souls of the Clan have gathered in the lodge’s great hall. They make merry, drinking and eating their fill as they wait for their brother to speak.

With little delay, Tashmaal steps before them and lifts a stout, bearded battleaxe from a leather strap at his hip, hoisting it high for all to see as a hush descends. Its forge-blackened blade glints in the firelight while shadows dance across its edge; featureless, inky reflections of those gathered in revelry and wraiths of ancestors that have come to bear witness to this milestone.

“This…” he begins, lowering the weapon and hesitating for a moment with his jaw set, as if ruminating on the memory. “It is customary for High Clansmen to craft a weapon worthy of all those whom have been named thus.” He turns the axe over in his hands and runs his fingers over the intricate leatherwork of its haft, his lips pressed together and brow wrinkled in grim regard.

“The bones of dragons are prized for their resilience. They do not decay with time as a man’s might. If the ancient tales of the Wyrm Spine are to be believed, in time they become something akin to stone. Indomitable, mighty as the lands themselves. A strength I have at times coveted, yet can never attain as but a man. I can only reach, and hope to perhaps channel a shard of that.

“There is a beast in my memory whose bones to this day rest beneath the earth, gathering strength with each day passing. One beast whose remains will outlive me -- of that I am certain -- and at least some of you.”
He glances around for Satyana, nodding to a few other Clansmen he recognizes to be of longer-lived stock. “Of course I speak of the dragon beneath the crossroads; great Leviathan, he who I have laid low in both honor and grief. I traveled back to that place beneath the desert city, and there I found his bones just as I left them. Thrice I offered prayer to his spirit before taking what I needed, that any shred of him still keeping vigil might go to rest among his kin.

"I had hoped to imbue this weapon with some memory of Leviathan’s fervor, so I selected a few choice bones from his core. Beyond that...well, the axe’s final shaping would be done at our boneforge, so it made little difference which particular parts I harvested. I only had to gather enough to satisfy the elders.

“Our craft masters have entrusted me with the sacred methods of this axe’s design, so I will not share them aloud.”
A few groans rise from the crowd, and Tashmaal offers a wistful smile. “You know I cannot. But one day you will each bear witness with your own eyes and ears, and your own hands will know the true strength of our ancestors when you first grip its haft.” He holds the axe up once more, and the fiery ghosts along its edge flicker in his eyes. A smile crosses his lips, slight at first but quickly parting to reveal a swell of pride as he lifts the weapon aloft once more, filled with the fervor of a dragon. “This is Leviskegg,” he announces, his voice carrying to all corners of the lodge and mingling with the shouts of his brothers and sisters. “A battleaxe of High Clansmen!”
Last edited by Tashmaal on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
vampirss
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Dread

Re: Leviskegg

Post by vampirss »

Congratulations Tashmaal! The news of your accomplishments has reached my ears and I am so excited to hear of your axe! I knew you would make something spectacular!
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress

Return to “Barbarians' Guild”