A tale of excellent Barbs

Messages for the Barbarians' Guild
Alioik
Guild: Barbarians

A tale of excellent Barbs

Post by Alioik »

Alioik enters the Barbarians guild gathering hall. He sets tankards of ale down on the tables, hoping to draw a crowd. He throws logs, left outside the guild, into the fire pit creating an inviting atmosphere. He draws the attention of the assembling Barbarians too him by standing in front of the table and thumping his weapon onto a table.

“Gather around comrades, I have a story to tell!”

“When tasked by Satyana to tell tales about two people who have represent a good Barbarian I chose to pick one from the past and one from the present. The Barbarian from the present was an easy choice for me. He was the first person who instructed me on the ways of the Barbarian and to this day he exemplifies our virtues. That person is Tashmaal! As a guild officer he has guided me on many of the steps of my journey through the ranks, but as a storyteller, he has stood heads above others. I believe our ritual of telling the stories of our conquests is one of the core things that make us Barbarians. Not only to we celebrate each other’s victories, but we learn from these tales. We use the tales to inform our own journey as a Barbarian. Tashmaal has a way with his stories that grips you deeply and draws you in. I can find no greater storyteller amongst us at the moment, and perhaps ever before!”

Ali takes a small break here to raise his tankard, “A swig for Tashmaal!” He then takes a deep drink, and prepares to continue.

“For the next Barbarian I chose someone from our past, one who can be considered an ancestor. I spent many days searching through scrolls looking for the words of our past members and one name stood out to me, one of our former guildmasters, Kilrsat. This is a name that some might not know, but he was a GM for quite some time. Through reading the scrolls and from asking some of our oldest clan tutors I found out things about Kilrsat. He didn’t have a way with words like Tashmaal, but he did try his best to make the Barbarians a great and respected guild throughout the lands. This strong leadership is something that I believe is integral to being a good Barbarian. He was also a mentor to many, and worked with the guild to solidify a charter, one that our current charter is based on. He is an honored ancestor and that is why I picked him as a good representation of a Barbarian.”

“Quite honestly while looking through the scrolls there were too many Barbarians that represented us well in the lands. Hunt leaders, pit fighters, storytellers, drinkers of swill <HUR> and disdainers of metal. I love our guild and it was because of these many past and present Barbarians that I think our guild is one of the greatest ever to grace the lands.”

Alioik catches the eyes of those listening and again raises his tankard, “To those who have gone before us and made these halls great!” Ali finishes his ale in one gulp, and gives a low HUR. He then orders another round for those assembled and drinks with them late into the night.
Tashmaal
Guild: Barbarians

Re: A tale of excellent Barbs

Post by Tashmaal »

Tashmaal stands quietly toward the back of the hall as Alioik, whom has shown so much strength and resolve, steps up to deliver his address. Nodding at each point throughout the introduction, his eyes lift with brows raised at the mention of his own name, with so many more worthy of honor whom have come before. "By the gods..." he murmurs, his cheeks torrid with flush. Several hearty pulls of dark, bitter beer with a whip of his head between each are enough to bury the glare of anxiety and, wiping his chin with one corded forearm, he raises his near-drained drinking horn as Alioik's speech draws to a close.

"To Alioik! High Clansman!" he calls, his voice booming throughout the halls and calling to all Barbarians to join him in praising their fellow kinsman, their brother. "TO ALIOIK! HIGH CLANSMAN!"

Return to “Barbarians' Guild”