Guide for hunting dragons

Messages for the Barbarians' Guild
Alioik
Guild: Barbarians

Guide for hunting dragons

Post by Alioik »

Alioik enters the Guild, his bear trailing him dragging a large freshly killed dragon corpse behind it. Ali points to the corner and his bear drags the corpse into a corner. Alioik is covered in fresh wounds, it is obvious that he has been wounded fairly heavily in combat. He walks over to the corpse and digs his hand into an axe wound. He pulls back his hands covered in fresh blood. He brings them to his face and paints his cheeks fulfilling his blood ritual. As he completes the patterns he is surrounded by a red misty aura, he takes a deep breath and the aura is drawn into him. You see vitality return to him as his wounds start to mend. He sits down, his back resting against the kill, and dips a finger into the blood now forming pools on the ground. He takes out parchment and starts to write...

Fellow Barbarians I am writing instructions on how to kill dragons in the most efficient way. In my recent task to kill 50 of 5 types of dragons as well as the Dragon spawn of Flamebright, I learned the most efficient way to kill these beasts.

First and most easy to kill are the Wyverns. While not quite dragons, these flying monsters are inside the dragons hunting grounds and are easy prey. For these I would recommend either using a sling, a few well aimed stones will down one, or using a flying mount and attacking them from above. This is their blind spot and they will fall to a couple well aimed axe blows.

Second to kill are the Small Red Dragons. After killing 50 of these dragons, I realized the best tactics for them. While these dragons do have the ability to use flames, they usually chose to use teeth and claws. I found there fire warm and pleasing, nothing to be afraid of. Same with the Wyverns, attack from above or use a sling to bring them down.

Third on my list of dragons is the Scaled Gray Dragon. Unlike the red dragons, they possess no magic, however this does not mean they are less of a threat. These dragons are strong and fast, take care when engaging multiple of these dragons. These dragons are best taken by axe. They take a lot of punishment but they will fall.

Fourth on this list is the Sleek Brown Dragon. These dragons are tricky to kill. While the only take a few hits from axe or sling, they have a bag of tricks that need to be avoided. Most distressing is they can use lightning as a weapon. Also they can use magic to slow you down. If you don't take these dragons down quickly they will slow you and kill you quickly.

Fifth is the Small Water Dragon. This dragon is located far away from Wyrm Spire, near Stonekeep. These dragons use their claws as their weapons. They release a poison from their claws that will slow your movement. These dragons are particularly dangerous because they are surrounded by other monsters that will join in to fight you. If you can stun them or take off their head, this is the best way to fight them.

The Large Blue Dragon is the next dragon on the list. These dragons are very challenging to kill, they are resistant to many types of damage and take minutes to kill. Also they have strong attacks and can use powerful magic. One of these dragons sent me to Naria with only one spell. They can command blizzards to freeze you to death. The way to take down these dragons is to try to stun them as quickly as possible. If you manage to do this try to take its head off as quickly as possible. However, this can take anywhere from 20 to 30 blows of an axe. These are truly dangerous opponents and if you can avoid them, do so.

My last dragon kill was the Dragon Spawn of Flamebright. This was the hardest battle I have encountered so far in my life. This fight is not to be attempted unless you have a love affair with Naria or are very confident in your skills. The way that I recommend killing the beast and the way I did it is this. I quickly ran into the area where he inhabits and took out the creature around him as quickly as possible. If you are quick with your axe or sling, this isn't hard to do. This will allow you to focus on the spawn. Make sure you go into the fight holding Mar'larane, Cineraria or a ring enchanted with healing magic. Charge and do as much damage as you can, and after a few hits back away. This will allow you to heal if needed, and it will anger the creature. This will cause it to make mistakes in anger. Repeat this until you stand victorious. This creature is truly a challenge to kill and I used its blood as my war paint.

This is how to hunt these dragons. While you might be tasked to kill 50 of 5 types and the Spawn of Flamebright, hopefully you will find this information useful. If you do kill any of these dragons, let me know and I will buy you a glass to toast to your victory!

Alioik stands from his position leaning against the corpse of the dragon. He walks to the wall and uses the rapidly drying blood from the corpse to paste the parchment to the wall.
vampirss
Temple: Dread

Re: Guide for hunting dragons

Post by vampirss »

Well done, Alioik. Seems you have found some valuable information out for your brethren and more.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress
Tashmaal

Re: Guide for hunting dragons

Post by Tashmaal »

Tashmaal stands by listening as some younger barbarians more skilled with letters read Alioik's guide aloud. "Well done, brother," he murmurs, smiling slightly at the youths' enthusiasm as he begins to wander back to the sacred glade, musing all the while. "What Alioik has recorded will be used in our teachings. His methods in dragonslaying, along with his courage and guile..."

Return to “Barbarians' Guild”