A slaughter of Trolls

Messages for the Barbarians' Guild
Alioik
Guild: Barbarians

A slaughter of Trolls

Post by Alioik »

Alioik sits in an underground cavern, he is surrounded by a hundred troll corpses of various size and shape. He pulls out a piece of parchement, dips his finger in a pool of blood and scrawls one last tally next to the name Troll Champion. He then takes out another piece of parchment and dips his finger again and starts to write.

I made my way to the troll caves in Dirim with the intent of killing 20 Troll Champions, Elders, Females, Shaman and Dark. I had already killed hundreds of regular Trolls and wishes for something more challenging. The first group I came against was the Troll Elders, and while they might have been older than the other trolls I had killed in the past, their wisdom made them tough opponents. Age does not mean weak, they fought with vigor, but 20 of them fell to my axe. I stopped to make some adjustments to my axe and went off looking for the Troll Females. Again, just because they were female doesn't mean that they were weak. In fact backed into a corner protecting their young, they might have been the fiercest of my opponents this day. However, just like the Elders, 20 tallies went on my list. While walking down a long corridor in the caves I heard chanting. I thought, what luck, I must be approaching a group of shaman. As a made my way into a large chamber I saw a group of Shaman, all chanting for some ritual. I had already taken my first head by the time they had realized what was happening. It took them too long to form the spells in their mouths, and I was through 20 of them quickly. Next I sought out a group of Troll Champions. I knew that these would be harder than the rest, they were the champions of these monsters! However, I didn't expect them to last against my axe and Barbarian pride, and they did not. They were the biggest challenge so far, but each ones flesh felt the bite of my axe. I wandered deeper into the cavern looking for more trolls to kill, trolls that wouldn't die as quickly as the ants caked on my boots. It was then I heard whispers and grunting, I turned the corner and saw a Dark Troll. I had heard of these trolls before, stronger than the Champions, these trolls were second only the their King and Queen. I charged one and swung my axe scoring a solid hit. The troll screamed, but kept fighting with a fury that was white hot, contrasting its dark skin. His scream seemed to call other trolls because several were attracted to the noise. I found myself for the first time actually challenged by these trolls, I fought hard and long and bleeding from several of my own wounds I stood atop a pile of 20 dead Dark Trolls. It was at this point that I knew I had a choice to make, should I go and kill there king, or slay the queen. I knew that many adventurers had killed the King of the trolls, and I know that as soon as one King fell there would be another to take up the mantle. These trolls were like roaches spawning at an incredible rate, it might only take weeks to replenish the 100 that I had already killed today. It was with this thought that I decided instead of hunting their King, I would hunt their Queen.

Alioik stands up from his chair of troll bodies and rolls his scrolls up to put in his pack. He dips his fingers in the blood of his foes and marks his face with it. He leaves the caverns heading south. The Queen does not live within the caves, she is in the Devardec Sprawl.

Alioik entered the sprawl and wandered until he came upon a locked door, using a ring given to him by the enchanter Anera, he unlocked the door. Behind the door was a wheel to turn, he turned it hearing a sound to the Northeast. Alioik headed towards the sound and found an open portal to another area of the Sprawl. As soon as he crossed the threshold he was beset by the undead. Small ghouls and skeletons reached up to pull him to the ground, but his axe was hard and his swings swift. Soon the undead were back laying on the ground, not moving. He thought, how strange is it for the Troll Queen to be with the undead, but who knows with Trolls. After wandering this cold area, he soon heard a language the he recognized. The voice was gruff, but definitely female. He had found the Troll Queen!

He charged the Queen yelling, "I have killed 100 of your kin to build your funeral pyre!"

The Queen quickly turned towards him and prepared to fight. Alioik swung his axe aiming to end the fight with one blow, but the queen was quick and moved, only getting a small cut on the cheek. The blood ran down her face and she looked at him teeth bared. Ali again charge swinging his axe so the flat of the blade would hit her. It made contact and the queen fell back stunned for a time. He stood over the stunned Queen and raised his axe high.

"You blood shall grace my cheeks this day!"

He swung the axe down and her head came off. As the body slumped to the ground Alioik smiled. His task was done and the Trolls, at least for the moment would be hurt. He dipped his fingers in the Queen's pooling blood and marked his face. He turned and started the walk back to the Guild. He would have to buy many drinks, for he had a tale to tell this night!

Return to “Barbarians' Guild”