Changing of the Guard

Messages for the Barbarians' Guild
Kilogoth
Guild: Brotherhood
Temple: Immortal of Death

Changing of the Guard

Post by Kilogoth »

Deep within the Underworld, Kilogoth lounged upon his throne looking at the glowing sand table before him. The sands rose and fell forming mountains, buildings and even small people moving across the table. With a clacking of its claws on the black marble, a small demon skittered to a stop before the Keeper."My Lord, Zir has withdrawn his patronage of the Barbarians."

A smile played at the corners of his mouth as Kilogoth waved his hand over the table bringing Frostfall into view. Various shades of color glowed above the largest structures in the city, except one. "Prepare my chariot. I shall see this for myself." With a nod of its head, the demon took flight towards the stables.

Striding through the citadel, Kilogoth could not help but wonder what had transpired to drive Zir from the guild, but he would not miss this opportunity.

Kilogoth finally reached the stables and stepped onto the deck of the blood red chariot, a whip in his hand. With a
*CRACK* of his whip, Kilogoth sent the shades leaping forward with the chariot in tow. A portal opened before them and in the blink of an eye the chariot emerged on the snowy passage into Frostfall. Ahh, it was good to be home again.

As he rode through the streets, those brave enough to be out in the weather quickly shrank from the mere sight of Death approaching. Moments later the chariot made the final turn to the Barbarian's Guild. Sure enough, all traces of Zir's energy had faded and the Beasts of the North were without defenses. He drew the shades up short of the guild and strode to the door. With a nod to Kurgan, who grumbled a bit but stood aside, Kilogoth strode into the Entrance Hall and beyond into the Feast Hall where the members had gathered for the evenings offerings.

With a booming voice which filled the entire hall, bringing the din to silence, Kilogoth spoke,
"Barbarians, Lord Zir has once more turned his back upon you and yours. This is unacceptable, even from the God of War. Barbarians know that to turn your back on a friend is an insult, but to do so to your adversary is a Death sentence. He has once more left you to the wolves, but for you that is not a true threat. This guild is one filled with a rich history of struggle and strife, Death and growth. A true inspiration to the lands and fear to those who would seek to harm you.

There was a time when the Barbarians rose to such lofty heights under the patronage of Death that even the great Zir questioned what he had created when he allowed you to survive. Because survive you did, nay thrive in the face of that adversity. I am here to announce that once more this guild will be under the patronage of Death. That once more you will climb to heights that shake Theras to its foundation. That once more the Beasts of the North will ride forth into combat and fear will be their ally and Death their companion.

I hereby declare the Barbarians under my protection and patronage. Let any who would rise against them know that they stand against Death as well."

With a murmur, Kilogoth sent his energy racing through the guild. A chill so cold filled the air that several members rushed outside to warm their bones. With a tiny smile, Kilogoth strode to a nearby table and sat with the members and said, "So where's the Swill?"

vampirss
Guild: Barbarians
Temple: Dread

Re: Changing of the Guard

Post by vampirss »

The word of something going on in the Barbarian's Guild reached her ears all the way in Twilight where she was working. The messenger told her that there was a new Patron of the guild, the Immortal of Death, Lord Kilogoth. Hearing this news she rose from her desk, a smile on her face, and told the guards, "If I"m needed, I'll be in Frostfall at the Barbarian's guild. I have something to celebrate." The guard nodded his head and closed the door behind her. For the first time in a long time, she was very happy to be heading back to the guild. Upon her arrival, she found out that she had missed Lord Kilogoth. Muttering under her breath, she left a message posted for him.

Lord Kilogoth,

I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to have you as our new Patron. I look forward to working with you as time passes. Please let me know if there is anything that you need from me. Should we cross paths, I'd like to buy you some swill in celebration.

She signed it in her usual blood red and hung it up with a bone dagger she acquired in the Azaals. With that complete, she went to talk to Kurgan and get all the juicy details.
Night Empress Satyana
Cardinal of Dread
High Lady of Twilight, House Umbra
Barbarian Guildofficer
Torturous Temptress
Vicious Vampiress

Return to “Barbarians' Guild”