Something old...something new...??

Messages for the Assassins' Guild
kamala

Something old...something new...??

Post by kamala »

She hadn’t been to Woodtop in quite some time, the idea of going to her mother’s home without her seemed very strange but it was time she did so. There was a possibility of someone special coming to visit here and she needed to make a good impression. The only places she had of her own weren’t even her own, just places she called home that were convenient - the Coven, which that person cannot go to, and the guild, which that person cannot go to either. This was her only option anymore.

Entering the home, she saw it was all dusty and covered in sheets where the caretaker was trying to keep the furniture looking decent and keep it from getting as dusty as everything else. Keep the fabric as new as possible with the sun coming in. The windows were open which gave the place a nice open airiness to it, the breeze felt wonderful. While looking around, an elderly woman came in, one that seemed somewhat familiar to her but she couldn’t place her.

“Hello. I am Sarina. I am the caretaker of this home. Did you know the mistress?”

Pondering, she looked at the woman, “Sarina, I’m Kamala, the la…”

She wasn’t able to finish her sentence as the elderly woman started crying and embraced her out of nowhere, “My dear, I never thought I’d see you again. There were rumors you were dead, that you had been in the service of Oligar, that there was a lady that locked you up. Where is your mother?”

Kamala was shocked. Nobody grabbed her like this, embracing her in such a manner. It was unheard of. Caring for her wellbeing and what became of her, not likely. She never reciprocated the embrace, just stood there looking down at the old woman and not moving, waiting for her to let go. Finally she does and steps back, looking up at the woman before her. With a wave of her hand, Kamala suggestions they sit down, moving a sheet as she goes to sit on the chair next to her. “I was in the service of Lord Oligar for many years and am still at his command should he return. I was locked up for many years by a friend of my mother. She said it was for my safety. It wasn’t until recently she decided to let me free and watched from a distance. As for my mother, I have no idea where she is or what has become of her. I was hoping someone here would know. Since you do not, I will move forward with my plans. I am going to need the house. I am sure she would not mind me doing so.”

Sarina jumped up from her seat and started busying herself cleaning while talking, “Oh my! That would be most wonderful. This old house has not been lived in for quite some time and it needs to be. I will get to cleaning it up right away. Though, I’m afraid the other staff all left with your mother’s disappearance.”

Not wanting to stop the old woman, she stood and replied, “Don’t worry about the additional staff. I will look into getting that taken care of as soon as possible. Get me a list of what staff you will need.” Sarina nodded and grabbed a quill from a dusty desk, blowing the dust from a piece of parchment as well before unstoppering the ink pot and dipping the quill. Within a few minutes she had the list ready and gave it to Kamala. “I will work on this, you take care of everything else.” She nodded and got back to work as Kamala left the house.
kamala

Re: Something old...something new...??

Post by kamala »

She knew what she had to do. She had to find someone that could help her in getting some slaves that would work well within the house. There was the possibility of going to Satyana, but she was really trying to avoid going to her for anything. That woman locked her away for many years, “for her own safety,” and wasn’t ready to forgive her, so the less she had to go to her for anything the better. Even though she made a promise to attempt to get along with her, or at least not be so openly hostile, she still wanted her independence from that woman.

Other options for getting slaves were available to her, but most of them had to do with Satyana in some form or fashion. She could go through Twilight, they had some good slaves, she heard, but those are housed and taken care of by that woman’s people. Leaving Woodtop she considered her options and there was one she had not thought of until now. Goldcroft. She had heard Lord Croft had a good supply of slaves that were brought in that were supposed to be of good stock. Perhaps she should talk to his man regarding that and see what he had to say. Without second thought, she headed towards Goldcroft figuring she will stay at the inn while her business in town takes place.

Return to “Assassins' Guild”