The Hunt Begins

Messages for the Assassins' Guild
Aoshii

The Hunt Begins

Post by Aoshii »

In an alley next to the Catfish Inn, Aoshii stands in the shadows keeping his eyes on the villagers, merchants, dockworkers, and guards that walk by. He sucks on his teeth in disgust as he continues to write down patterns and schedules of everyone of note.. Aoshii glances to the sky to gauge the time by the sun’s position. “He should be coming by any moment if he is on schedule,” he mutters to himself. The words no more than passed in memory when a well dressed obese man came strolling out from the street adjacent to him. This plump man enters the plaza smiling and whistling a merry tune. Aoshii’s eyes seem to drip venom as he stares at the man. His hand begins to twitch as he itches to lash out. Taking a deep breath he calms himself thinking, “Need to keep it within the parameters

“Good Morning Mr. Plunap,” is heard as a fisherman calls out to the man. Plunap waves and smiles in return. “A fine morning indeed,” Plunap replies. Aoshii leans against the wall of the inn flipping his dagger from the back of his hand into his palm, never once taking his gaze from his target. A couple of children dart through the crowd, weaving and laughing as they go. One of them crashes into Punlap, knocking them both to the ground.

“Watch where you are going you stupid rat,” Plunap exclaims as he sits up on the ground. The boy no more than eight looks over at him with tears in his eyes “I-I-I’m sorry mister,” he says as he wipes his dirty face. Aoshii watches in amusement as Plunap struggles to get his oversized body off the ground. His face red with anger Plunap exclaims, “Get out of my sight you worthless piece of gutter trash, before I get the guards to toss you out!” The boy’s friend helps him to his feet as they both take off running in the opposite direction away from Plunap. Watching the fat man dust himself, Aoshii studies the crowd as Plunap goes on a tirade about how he should beat those no good street trash. The villagers cover their mouths in horror as they hear him go on about it, whispering to one another in clear disgust of the man's appalling behavior.

Aoshii steps out of the shadows just as he heard tiny footsteps rounding the corner behind him. “Oi Mister,” a soft voice said from behind him. Turning around Aoshii looks at the two kids from before. The two children take an involuntary step backward as they meet Aoshii’s gaze. “You get what I asked for,” Aoshii asks coldly. The one boy nods slowly as he holds out the key in his palm. Aoshii reaches for the key but before he can take it the boy says “Oi, weres da moneys yous promised.” Without looking away from the key Aoshii reaches into his pocket pulling out a small pouch before tossing it at the boy. The sound of coins rattling as he catches it makes the boys’ faces light up in happiness. In return the kid tosses the key to Aoshii. Aoshii snatches the key from mid air and quickly stores it in his pouch. Aoshii turns to them and says, “Now, get. This never happened you get me? “ “Yea, yea we ain’t seens nuffin, n donts know nuffin,” the boy says as he and his friend run out of the alley as quick as they can. Sucking his teeth again, Aoshii stares after them as they vanish into the crowd. Pulling his hood down lower he steps out of the alley and swiftly darts through the town unseen.

After a short time Aoshii finds himself standing before a large ornate door to a lavish house. He pulls the key out and unlocks the door before slipping inside. Aoshii quietly closes the door behind him before locking the door. Under the guise of the shadows he stalks through the house scanning each room looking for his intended target. Aoshii finally comes to a room decorated with large bookshelves anchored all across the wall. A hand carved desk sits in the center of the room stacked with Documents and files. “Finally.” Aoshii mutters to himself under his breath. Sitting at the Desk Aoshii pulls out two pieces of Parchment and a quill before rifling through the files on the desk. Copying different files to the two different pieces of parchment he says “These will be perfect,” Placing the originals back on the desk where he found them he proceeds to roll up his notes and stores them away. Silently Aoshii makes his way back through the house. Unlocking the door again as he slips out of the house into the street. Using the key he locks the door behind him and turns away leaving the key in the door. “Now I just have to get these papers into the right hands and it will begin.” he says to himself as a wicked smile crosses his lips.
Aoshii

A Plan Begins to Take Form

Post by Aoshii »

Aoshii slams the door to the guild as he exits. The clear look of anger present on his face as a few townsfolk scattered as he walked by. He makes his way out of Frostfall walking by a boy sitting on a barrel while muttering about the incompetence of Thieves not being able to do a simple job. The boy’s attention quickly turned to the man angrily stalking out of Frostfall. “Excuse me sir.”

Aoshii turned on the boy, “What,” he said he such a loud voice the boy leaped back..

“Couldn’t help overhear you are looking for some thieves. I may have a solution to your problem,” the boy says wearily.

Looking the boy over, Aoshii shrugs before saying, “Couldn’t be any worse than the last group I tried to hire so, sure why not. “ The boy beamed a smile before gesturing for Aoshii to follow him.

Aoshii followed the boy to the outskirts of Catfish to what looked like an old Orphanage, where there were several kids running around the house. Some were well dressed, others a little more than paupers. The boy opened the door to the home and invited him in. Once inside there was a woman sitting behind a giant desk of black stained wood. His eyes held her attention while he looked her over. Her hair was ebony with hues of dark blue visible in just the right light. Her eyes were dark pools that seemed to absorb the light. Her dress, dark red to contrast her hair, was casual, cut like that of a rogue or thief but not with any of the guild monikers. “Have a seat,” she said in a soft, sultry voice that could melt butter. Aoshii sat down in the lone seat in front of the desk that was offered to him. “What can I do for you?”

Looking around the room, he saw no personal effects of any sort. There were a few books on a shelf that held nonsensical knick knacks that could be purchased off any corner. This was just for show. Sucking his teeth in irritation Aoshii spoke. “I need you to steal some things for me from a man. Everything you take you keep. I just need you to clear him out. You think you can handle it?”

His raised brow while asking these questions almost irked her but instead, she laughed, a sound like a musical being played off in the distance. “But of course we can. We will gladly rob him blind Who is this person?”

Watching her for any movement, he quirked his lips while saying, “Plunap.”

There went that laugh again. This time it was a bit more maniacal than the sing-song version it was before. “If it wasn’t for the handsome sum you are willing to pay for this, I’d almost do it for free. He has given my crew difficulty several times. We have hurt him in several small ways. This time, we’ll be happy to make it hurt a lot more. When do you want this done?”

“The sooner the better. If you do it within a week, the better for me.” Aoshii pulls out a folder of documents and a large sack of coins. “Here are records of his holdings, and where he keeps them. The coin is for any start up you may need on your end. The rest you get upon completion.” He holds out the documents for her to take.

“Consider it done.” She moved from her seat and walked around the desk, not a lot of height to her but enough for a half-elf to still be considered within the elven clans. She showed him to the door personally, never taking the bag from him, making him leave it on the desk. “We will make sure you know when it is completed.” One of the kids took over for her, leading the blue haired man out of the house and back to the street, shutting the door as soon as his back was cleared of the doorway.

He looked back at the house with the red door and shook his head. Let's hope you are more competent than the others i tried to hire. He walks off toward the village to prepare for the other phase of his plan.
Mistress of Misfits

Re: The Hunt Begins

Post by Mistress of Misfits »

Moving throughout the house, she called the rabble together in the great room once the man was gone. The soft, sultry voice was gone, replaced with a coarse, matter-of-fact tone that the kids knew she was meaning business. “It has happened! We have got the job of a lifetime. Everyone is to drop everything else they are doing and work on just this one. We need to find a time in the next seven days to get Plunap.” The roar of the kids talking was louder than even she anticipated as they got all riled up.

After giving them several minutes to talk amongst themselves about how much they would enjoy this, she put her arms up to cease their chatter. “The blue haired man wants us to rob Plunap of as much as we can, and we get to keep everything we take. I want safecrackers, lockpickers, baggers, handlers, lookouts, everything we can manage and duplicate and triplicate if possible. The more the merrier. I’d enjoy being able to steal it from him while he slept, but instead I’ll settle for stealing everything he’s worth. I want scouts watching his house, some listening for a good opening that will give us several hours alone in his home. When he’s at work, I want a few to go in and scout inside the house, if we can, so we know where everything is. If not, the scouts will watch him while he’s there to learn where the important things are. Any questions?”

There was a shake of the head from every kid in the room, several smiling as she watched them all around the room. Then she started pointing to a few of them, “I want you few to start coordinating the efforts I mentioned and let me know what we find out. Remember. Whatever you do, do NOT steal anything until the big heist. That will be crucial. Otherwise, he will suspect something and increase security. Now MOVE!” With her last shouted word, everyone scrambled. She walked slowly while wringing her hands, a big smile on her face, “This is the
opportunity I’ve been waiting for.”
Mistress of Misfits

Several days had gone by. The scouts had brought in different pieces of information here and there regarding different aspects of the heist. Nothing satisfied the timeframe she desired. There was one possible opportunity but he had said he wasn’t interested in going to the opera by himself. They were extremely dull, with lots of stuffed shirts bragging and he didn’t want any part of it. It would be different if he had a lady friend to go with, but he was without one, as usual. It was day three and the opera was on day six. If something didn’t happen soon, she would need to take drastic measures.

Another day and still no opportunity she saw was open enough for their desired timeframe. However, if she managed to get him to take her to the opera with him, that would give them several hours at the opera and perhaps some extra time too, if she was able to keep him out even longer. This had major possibilities.

That evening she put on a sheer silver gown that was covered in drops that looked like dew throughout the material. Her hair was left down, over her shoulder, a bit going into her face just enough to highlight her features, such as high cheekbones and luscious red lips that just tease one to taste them. To finish the look, she put on heels she found around the Monk’s Guild. Those strange folks knew how to make heels with purpose. Satisfied with her look, she finally went to the little pub in town that she knew Plunap liked to frequent. She had been told the place was busy and he was sitting at his usual table ordering food before she entered. Upon arrival, she looked around for a place to sit. As she expected, there was really no place to be found. Instead, she walked to the back of the room, searching as it seemed, then as she reached close to his table, she spoke out loud hoping he would hear. “What am i supposed to do? Eat my food while standing up? How can I get a table to eat a meal here?”

Standing with a hand planted on her hip, she looked around with a bit of a huff until this man stood up nearly behind her, “You are welcome to join me.”

Turning around slowly, she looked into his face and smiled politely, “Finally, a gentleman within this rabble. I appreciate the gesture and think I will.”

She moved over to his table, sitting across from him so she could see him plainly. After ordering, she drank a bit with him and talked for hours. They talked through their meals and several more drinks as well. The hours passed on. At some point, she moved over so she was sitting next to him, laughing and carrying on like old friends.

Feeling a need to get on his good side, she even allowed him to put his hand on hers, going as far as putting it on her knee before she slowly moved it. It was day four, time was running out and she really wanted to get him to take her out to that opera and keep him out for a while so her kids could get the deed done. The evening was getting late and lots of drinks have been consumed between them. He offered to walk her home, but instead, she offered to walk him home. She took his arm and allowed him to lead her along the way. Stopping outside of his home, she looked up at it and made such a big deal over the place. He offered to take her in, but she played innocent stating it would be too soon for that. Instead, he asked if they could meet again soon for dinner. Plunap said he would be delighted but he had a meeting tomorrow that he couldn’t miss. With his hands on her arms, looking into her dark eyes that seems to draw him in like hot tar, he mentioned that he had two tickets to the opera the day after tomorrow. “Would you have dinner with me and go to the opera with me as well? I would greatly enjoy your company.”

With a forced blush and flutter of eyelashes to add to her innocence, she agreed to do so, stating she would meet him right here at whatever time he wished to start their day. After a few more minutes of discussion and a kiss on the cheek, she left him at his door and walked down the street out of view. No longer visible, she returned to her abode and to let everyone know the plan once she was back in her usual, comfortable clothing. While waiting for them to gather, she started thinking that she needed to find a gown that was stunning, slightly revealing and do her magic to entice him while they rob him blind.
Mistress of Misfits

The next day she decided to go shopping for something that would look good for the opera. She needed something that would set off her eyes and hair, yet go fabulously with her desired effect. With her dark blue streaks of hair, she thought that a blue gown would do just the trick. As she walked through the shop she looked at all the gowns, one particular dress catches her eye. It was blue the color of the deepest sapphire, a thin veil of silver like diamonds covered the gown sparkling as the light hit them. There wouldn’t be much light at night, but when it did shine through, so would she. She looked over the cut saw what she liked and purchased the dress with the start up fees paid to them.

Entering the house with the dress and items in hand, she looks to the kids there asking to have everyone brought in that is there. She wanted a status update. By the time she had the dress hung up and accessories taken care of, the kids were gathered in the common room downstairs. They updated her on all the information they had gathered. Tomorrow was the day. She had some trailing him, seeing who he meets with, what he was doing and where he went. Some were casing his house, seeing what he got into, places he hid things and listening to his conversations as best they could. She had some of the best spies here that could fit into the smallest of places with ease.

Satisfied with the information she received, she sent the kids back out to their missions, relieving some that were busy already out on the streets so they could come in and eat, get some rest. They didn’t want to keep the same kids on him for too long, he may start to get suspicious. She decided that everything she needed to get done was complete. It was late, time for something to eat. The kids would take care of themselves, they always did. For tonight, she would head to the little place she met Plunap at and see what she could find out there. Dressed in some skin-tight black leather pants and a vest the same color made of a soft suede leather, she entered the room and went to the back trying to hide in a corner unseen. The bartender brought her some food and a drink as she sat in the back relaxing, watching the people come and go. She made note of the conversations and dealings going on about her, opportunities for her children to engage in, but they would need to be banked for now, until the task at hand was completed.

After a long night’s rest, her mind swimming with information, the kids were gathered at noon for refreshers of what would happen this day. Some would help her get ready for the opera, others would keep watch on the house. They were leaving a bit early for dinner before the show started, then afterwards she hoped to keep him out a bit, maybe drinks at a club or walking through the park. She had no exact plans, but something that did not include going back to her place or his, especially his. They had everyone in place, their jobs handed out. They knew exactly where they wanted to hit within the home, and with the luck of their jobs, will come back with a large bounty.

She started getting ready early, her face painted up in soft pinks for her cheeks, hints of blue for her eyes and red for her lips to make him desire to kiss her. Her hair went up in ringlets that hung down in the bag a bit, just off her neck, keeping it free for a hand or more. There was consideration of putting on stockings, this was a classy thing, but going without stockings was so daring, especially in a dress cut as this one was. She decided to be daring, giving him the look of flesh that would keep his heart pumping, his mind on anything but his home. The heels she chose were high, but not too high where she would be taller than him. He would be out of sorts if that happened. The dress was stepped into carefully, put on with the help of two girls to make sure everything was done up properly and hanging just right. The heart-shaped bodice clung to her chest tightly, especially since the back was low, leaving it open to the air and the light touch of a hand, yet not too low to be inappropriate for this setting. There was a slit up the left side of the dress that left her left leg free that went up to her mid though. She would have to be careful when she was sitting down, for the sake of propriety. Gazing at herself in a mirror she had acquired from another job, she felt there was nothing more she could do. It was time.

She met him outside of his home, her back was to the door as she watched the people going by. They were staring in her direction, making her a bit nervous, though she wouldn’t ever let anyone know this. His whistle from the gate made her turn around. Compliments escaped his lips, a blush made her pink cheeks look even redder. He offered her his arm and they walked along the street, him proud as could be that he was able to have such a stunning woman on his arm as his date. Normally he would want to take a ride to the opera but this was a special occasion and he was enjoying every moment alone with her he got.

The moment they left the visible view of the home, her kids were in motion. The entered the house without anyone noticing and got to work in emptying the place out. They found three safes in different locations, drawers that had hidden compartments and false doors that opened up to show jewels that had been stashed. Every different type of container or opening that could hold goods, they found it. The desk was thoroughly gone through, making sure nothing was missed. The hours it took for them to make this happen went by quickly. When they were done, nothing was left of worth.

After their dinner, they made their way to the opera and enjoyed the dulcet tones of the talented singers on stage doing their interpretation of an opera that she would not remember the name of and didn’t matter. His hand was on her left thigh, finding the bare flesh she wanted him to while keeping him occupied. With his light touch through the show, it seemed to last forever, but the few hours went by and the opera was really quite excellent. She would have to remember how much she enjoyed this for a later date.

With the opera over, they left, him holding her hand on his arm once more. He stopped to talk to anyone and everyone he could, happy to say hello so they could all see the woman on his arm. Feeling like an accessory was something she despised, but in the back of her mind she was counting coin as she imagined her kids robbing this man blind which made the smile she posed outwardly quite real. Slowly, after another hour or so of being social, they made their way from the theatre to the park where she had her kids scattered to give her a sign when things were clear.

They were not too far from the end of the park when a slight twinkle of light showed to the side of her, once...twice….thrice...all was clear. She suggested that it was late and time to turn in, so much as happened this day. He agreed and they started back to his home, where she gave him a kiss lightly on the lips and left him wanting more as she turned and walked away. Her direction left was purposely the wrong way home. She wanted to stay there till she heard his scream of shock and awe of what happened while he was away. It wasn’t but a few minutes when it was heard. The call for the guards. The call for help.

A smile on her lips and she made her way around in circles with several changes before slipping in the door to her home where the children were sitting in the common room cataloging all the booty they lifted from the odd man’s house. She sat down, still wearing the dress she’d never get to wear again...not in this town. They went over their finding and she smiled, getting up and heading upstairs to change and go to bed. It was time for a good washing to get him off of her and then some rest. The kids were told to get the stuff out of site and it would be distributed later. Laying in bed she smiled thinking of the satisfaction, she hoped, from the man with the blue hair.
Aoshii

End Game

Post by Aoshii »

Plunap stands in the doorway as he watches the guards look for clues in his home for the recent theft of all his valuables. “Anything,” he asks forcefully, as he grows impatient.

One of the guards looks over at Plunap, “No sir, it appears whoever did this left nothing behind. We are still looking though.”

Fed up Plunap snaps, “Just get out of my house you incompetent pieces of rubbish. How can anyone just waltz right into my home and take everything without a trace! “

“We will find something Sir, just give us ..” the guard started to say till he was cut off.

“Time! You get no more time you bumbling idiot. Get out of my house,” Plunap screams as he points to the door.

Sighing, the guard calls out for the rest of his companions to leave. As they file out of the door the one guard turns to Plunap, “Sir.” Holding up his hand cutting him off once again Plunap says, “I don’t want to hear excuses for your idiocy. Just get out.” Hanging his head the guard steps out of the door which slammed abruptly after.

After putting the lights out downstairs, still muttering about tonight's events Plunap makes his way upstairs, a candle in his hand to illuminate his path to his once lavish bedroom. As he looks at his now empty room which consists of just a bed in the corner and a stool set up in the middle of the room. Curious, Plunap walks over to the stool where a piece of parchment lay gently on top. Picking it up he begins to read.

“I cannot take this, I lost everything and I refuse to live like a common beggar. Whoever did this to me took everything. My gold, my wealth and my dignity. There is only one thing I have left and I plan on taking that myself. My life. Signed, Plunap.”

A chill does down his spine after reading the note, and the uncanny resemblance to his own handwriting, he takes a step back and releases the note, which falls to the floor. . Suddenly something wraps around his neck, causing him to drop the candle as he struggles to relieve the pressure so he can breathe. The room begins to spin, and the shadows from the light of the candle seemed to grow until the darkness overtook him and he passed out.

Aoshii leans up against the doorway to Plunap’s room looking down at the unconscious man lying on the floor, his eyes adjusted to the darkness already. Growing impatient for Plunap to awaken, he walks over and slaps him in the face to wake him up before walking back over to the doorway. Plunap stirs on the ground moaning and still groggy. “Get up Tubby,” Aoshii exclaims. Rolling onto his stomach, Plunap peers around the dark room, the only light coming from the Moon that shined through the windows. As he scanned the room he then noticed two green glowing pools radiating from within the darkness. The sound of someone sucking his teeth echoed through the mostly empty room. “Allow me to help you up,” Aoshii said coldly. Suddenly, Plunap feels something tighten around his neck lifting him upward. Coughing, Plunap gets to his feet to loosen the tension around his neck. When he gets to his feet, his hands shoot for what is around his neck. His fingers feel the braid of a rope tightly around his neck. He tries to feel around for the end till Aoshii spoke again, “Stop.” Plunap’s hands froze as the words reverberated in his ears, “Touch it again and you will die.”

Swallowing hard Plunap drops his hands to his side. Aoshii pulls the rope again lifting Plunap off his feet to show that he is serious. Sputtering and flailing around, finding it hard to breath, Plunap looks around the room. He then sees his salvation, the stool. Not thinking he places his feet on the stool giving him the leverage he needs to take a deep breath. Aoshii smiles as he ties off the rope before stepping out of the shadows. Plunap’s eyes widen in horror as he sees the man walk over to him flipping a dagger in his hand. “W-w-what do you want,” Plunap stutters in question.

Stopping in front of him Aoshii looks up at him. He reaches up and pulls the mask down so that Plunap could see the smile on his face. “W-w-what do I want,” Aoshii said mockingly. “Let's get back to that a little later. What do you have for me? I think is a better question.”

Plunap looks down at the man, sweat beading down his forehead. “I don't have anything. Someone just cleared me out of everything I own. I HAVE NOTHING!” he said franticly.

Aoshii frowns at him, “I don’t like that answer Plunap. Not one bit,” as he kicks the stool gently causing the man to wobble.

“Stop! Stop!” Plunap panics as he tries to keep his balance.

Aoshii laughs before speaking, “I am just playing with you Plunap. I am not here for money or possessions. Clearly someone robbed you blind. It must of been a hard day for you. At least you got to go to the opera with that beautiful woman on your arm.”

Plunap’s eyes widen in horror, “Don’t you hurt her!” he said panicked at the thought of this man going after her.

Aoshii waves his hand dismissively, “I have no intention of going after her,” he said pausing as the look of relief washed over Plunap. “Though, don’t you find it odd. I mean clearly this extremely attractive woman falls for your charms. I mean let's be honest here, she is way out of your league tubby. Then the next thing you know you loose everything you own. Pretty coincidental don’t you think?”

Plunap’s face went blank as the words finally sunk in. “She did this?” he sputtered. Aoshii smiled brightly “Of course she did you idiot. It's what I paid her for”
The pained look of defeat that was on Plunaps face was so satisfying to Aoshii he couldn’t help but laugh.

“Well as much fun as this is, I must get going.” Aoshii said as he made his way to the door. Plunap stares at the man confused and slightly relieved that he may survive this encounter . He watches him, waiting for him to leave so he can figure out how to get the rope off his neck.

Aoshii stops at the door snapping his fingers. “I almost forgot” he says as he turns around and walks back to Plunap. “This was too much fun. I nearly forgot why I came.” Plunap looks at him confused before replying “Why...…” though his words were cut off as Aoshii kicked the stool out from under him.

Plunap kicks wildly as his hands shot up to his neck. Aoshii tilts his head as he stares at the man struggling. The gurgling and sputtering filled him with excitement, until finally there was silence. Disappointed that it was over he picked up the parchment off the ground and placed it on the bed. He walks over to the window before looking back at the man. “It was fun while it lasted, Plunap,” Aoshii says before jumping out the window and into the shadows.

Return to “Assassins' Guild”