The Journey of a Thousand Cuts Begins With...

Messages for the Assassins' Guild
Hidden Interests

The Journey of a Thousand Cuts Begins With...

Post by Hidden Interests »

The letter was brief. It was written on paper which looked burned on the edges, and carefully torn so that the writing covered almost the entire surface. It was pinned to the guild’s door with a plain iron nail, and read as follows.

Assassin Leader,

I have a need which is involved, and will take both time and skill to meet. I believe you and yours have the skills and discretion I require, and I believe I should be able to meet your price. If you are interested, leave a message for me at the Inn of the Last Enchantment. They know me there as Dalred Tanner.

I look forward to our meeting.

-D
Ermak
Guild: Assassins
Temple: Shadows

Re: The Journey of a Thousand Cuts Begins With...

Post by Ermak »

He was with Chemrix, yet again working on a different poison. Fox entered the laboratory with a letter in his hand.

“Another contract, Mak. Didn’t open it, but I figure that’s what it was since most people do that.” Fox handed him the letter.

With a small blade he broke the wax seal and unfolded the scroll. Glancing it over he gave a thoughtful ponder. Producing another
parchment from a drawer he used the quill Chemrix and himself were using for notes.

------------

Dalred -

Those are strong words when you say you can meet our price. Meet me at The Alibi just north of Tranos.
Do not worry about when, when you get there I will be there soon after.

~E

------------

He folded it and handed it to Fox. Asking him to get a training assassin to deliver it. He gave Fonix reigns over the project and
stretched his little legs and back then headed to his favorite bar.
Hidden Interests

“The time is right.”

The muffled voice came from under several layers of cloak, hood, scarf, and veil. It could have been a man's or a woman's. It could have been old or young. This was a person determined to keep their identity a secret at the cost of comfort, ease, and mobility.

“The time is right to begin. The gold is here. The terms of the deed as I spoke them.”

The gold was very real and not at all hidden. Bundled and hobbled by cloth the visible pile of gold was like a blatant temptation. How could its owner think to protect it? Or a test perhaps of the adage that Assassins and Thieves walked roads which never touched.

“This is only the first. There are many, many more.”

The cloth-wrapped client waited.
Hidden Interests

When the second letter came it looked nearly identical to the first. The nail it was pinned with was a bit rusty, and the burned edges a bit blacker. Tiny, precise writing covered most of the paper, although, at the bottom a single rune stood alone, separated from the rest. Those who had been investigating the guard’s murder in Devardec would recognize the symbol, but few others would.

Assassin Leader, E -

It is well begun, but this road is a long one and what has happened is its barest beginning. Meet me in the same place at a time of your choosing, and we will discuss the next steps, and whether you wish to continue.

-D
Ermak
Guild: Assassins
Temple: Shadows

Post by Ermak »

He was given the note by Fox, after reading it he sent the same person to deliver his as last time.

---------------

D,

This is a road we Assassins travel everyday, it is nothing new to us. But as long as you have the coin
we will walk the same path. The Alibi it is, I'll meet you on the 26th of Weeping Skies when the
sun sets for the evening."

~E

---------------

He had a few things to take care of first, before he met with this stranger again. Three days was more than enough time to finish what he needed and meet them at the bar.

Return to “Assassins' Guild”