Genealogy and Its Shadow

A forum for followers of Shadows, Thievery, the Night, and Nightmares.
praetorian
Guild: Rogues
Temple: Shadows

Genealogy and Its Shadow

Post by praetorian »

Those who are seen dancing are thought to be insane by those who cannot hear the music. The movements of the world seemed to illustrate the constellation of his fundamental understandings: the death of truth and the will to power. The great, Ancient enemies of convention were lost, and Mortal-kind were left to find new antagonists. The chorus and actors of their own microtragedies, lost in the ecstasy of having conquered death through becoming their own little pieces of breathing art. It could be beautiful.

But it went like this: The good tricked themselves into believing that their Oasis was Good while the thirsty cursed the Oasis and called it Bad (not 'evil.' Bad). Through time, those definitions would change as power would shift but fundamentally, that's how it went. Until Deori cast his will against Silk's, inching the World further into the threat of homogenized influence, where the beauty of the diverse and the bold are shepherded into silence and extinction.

"I have a vision of the idyllic. Shadows is my means towards creating it," the Rogue remembered his words to the young monk Tybras as he sat down at a desk in the Library of Shadows, a full inkwell and quill placed beside a roll of parchment in front of him, as well a personalized wax seal that he'd never used once in his life, preferring the litheness of spoken words. He began to write:

---------------------------------------------------
"Shadows,

It is time we meet and discuss the history of things to come.
Be mindful of when the Shadows call you home."

-P.
---------------------------------------------------

He copied the letter several times, each seal of wax becoming more precise and congruent as he got the hang of it. When he was finished, he looked about the library for a minute before sighing, standing up. I wish I had my own imp, he thought. I probably would have saved time and the cost of ink just gathering everyone in person, since it's what I'm going to do anyway.

"Your trust has widened at the sacrifice of depth," he mimicked, exiting the temple into the forest. He felt a tightness in his chest and throat, suddenly feeling the urge to smoke his pipe.
Last edited by praetorian on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
praetorian
Guild: Rogues
Temple: Shadows

Re: Genealogy and Its Shadow

Post by praetorian »

Outside, he leaned against the Stone Gargoyle, pulling smoke from his pipe. Suddenly, it hit him:

"Maybe I'm not imp-ortant enough."

He giggled, dragged from his pipe again and watched the path down the forest.

Return to “Temple of Shadows”